Chapter 6

선배 /The Sunbae/
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2]Chapter VI : Years and years[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]The next day

That morning was really simple. Taehyun just went to the school. Nothing more, nothing less. He didn't have any classes today with Jinhwan until the last lesson.

Taehyun kinda doesn't know anyone else beside his new group of friends plus Minho sunbae and his tall friend whose name was Seungyeon or something with Seung. It's a little doubtful if he could count them to the people he does know, but he did anyway. At least he wants to get to know them.

To his surprise, Taehyun couldn't find any of his friends during the meal time. They were not at the table they'd usually sit. Ever since Taehyun was little he's hated eating alone because it just reminded how alone he was. His parents were always in foreign countries. So he didn't have any appetite to eat alone.

Instead he went to the dashboard which has information of clubs. He's already decided on the singing club, but wasn't sure about the other one. Though he wanted to get into basketball club Jinhwan's endless scary comments on Hwangssabu-nim kinda made Taehyun a little unsure. 
He went to the board, looking at clubs' colorful posters. Of course art club's poster was the most eye catching one. He was reading carefully about the date and time when suddenly a hand landed on his right shoulder. He got startled then looked at the owner of that 'stranger' hand.

 

'Oh god!' was everything Taehyun could think of.

 

"Are you looking for a club to join, kid?" Said the male, making Taehyun wonder if his heart will ever stop going wild every time the latter talks.

"Oh? Aren't you the droopy eyebrow kid? The one outside of the nurse office?" Minho asked.

Taehyun was surely having the best time of his life, his sunbae recognizing him plus a big warm hand on his shoulder.

"Y-yes. I am." Taehyun hated himself for stuttering.

"You were outside of the gym yesterday, right?" Minho's eyes shined, unknowingly making the younger boy fell more deeper.

"Yes, I was." Taehyun said not losing his eye contact with the older boy.

"Yes! I was right! Hoon was all like 'Nope he is not that boy. You've gotta make your eyes checked.' I was sure it was you! Haha, now I'll make his eyes checked." Minho was clearly satisfied, just thinking about what kind of face Seunghoon would make when Minho tell him the truth.

 

On the other hand, Taehyun went up to the sky then came down.

 

"By the way, I'm Song Minho, school's ace. And your name?" Minho smiled while asking. Minho was a bluff type, Taehyun decided.

"Nam.. Taehyun." Taehyun managed to say.

"Taehyun. Okay, anyway, if you're looking for a club to join, art club is the best! I'm the ace of our club. So, if you want to look at my master pieces and then idolize me just come to our club." Minho tapped twice on Taehyun's shoulder then went away.

 

Taehyun didn't know how he find his last classroom, somehow he did. All he could think was Minho saying 'Taehyun.'

 

But as soon as the bell rang indicating that last lesson is starting, Taehyun realized Jinhwan wasn't there. Jinhwan is not type of person who would be late on purpose. So that made Taehyun wonder where the latter was.

However, about 20 minutes later, someone knocked on the door, then Jinhwan revealed himself. He asked for permission to enter, luckily the last lesson was ethics, Ms. Gong was the teacher. In fact Ms. Gong was a new teacher who graduated just few months ago. So Jinhwan earned the permission kinda easily.

Taehyun exchanged 'hi's with Jinhwan. They didn't have much to talk. Or should I say time since Jinhwan was late. Taehyun was eyeing him sitting next to him then he got a glance at Jinhwan's bruised hands. He made a mental note to himself to ask about it later.

 

It was Ms. Gong's first ever lesson so she just introduced herself in the first 10 minutes then did a favor to everyone by saying "Class dismissed." Everyone in the classroom went wild, especially Chanhyuk as he stepped on his desk then did stupid dancing. Only class’ president Youngjae kept his cool.

Taehyun asked "What happened to your hand?" as he turned

Please log in to read the full chapter