Chapter 4

선배 /The Sunbae/
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2]Chapter IV : Headache & Heart racing[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

After meal time

 

After that meeting(?) with Bobby and his friends, including my classmate too, I just couldn't concentrate on my lessons. Seriously, how could someone say 'Wanna date?' so casually to the person he just met? Well, at least I can't do that. And my classmate? He just shrugged it off like it was nothing.

 

The only one who made sense was, as expected, that Yunhyeong guy. "Don't mind him. He's always like that." He said. That somehow relieved me. I don't know why I felt so burdened, it was just so awkward to hear it from the person I just met. Back in New York, my friends used to call me cutie, girlie and stuff, but I didn't mind. All of those names were made by my best friend. Ahh, I seriously miss that guy. You can't imagine how much I want to get in touch with him. In order to do that I have to impress my mother, showing her that I'm a trustful good son. But I can't concentrate as Bobby's question flies once into my head.

 

"Taehyun-ah, are you okay?" My shorty friend(?) asked me, showing very worried face. 

 

'Ahh, it's nice to have a friend who worries for you.' I thought. 

 

"I think I'm having a little headache." I told him the truth. 

"Should we go to the nurse office then?" He was getting real serious there. 

"No no, I'm okay. I'm sure it will cool down in a bit." I said but it doesn't seem that he buys it. 

"Kim-ssi, Nam-ssi! What are you boys talking about?" Mr. Kang startled us. 

I was going to say 'Nothing, teacher.' But my new friend was faster. 

"Teacher Kang, Taehyun's having a headache." He said. 

 

'What the?' I didn't want to be a burden, yet he still told the teacher. 

 

"Oh, then you should take him to the nursery office. You two may go." Mr. Kang said then proceeded back to the lesson. 

"Let's go." He took my hand, and left the classroom. 

"Hey, I said it'd be okay. No need to get serious." I told him. But the thing he did surprised me. 

"No, nothing is okay! If there's a pain, that means there's something wrong going on! Just shut up and go with me!!" He stared right into my eyes, almost glaring. 

I was so shocked that I barely nodded.

 

When we got into the nursery room, the school nurse did her job very quickly and told me to lay down for a bit. Actually she said I'd be okay to be alone, my friend refused to leave at all.

 

He sits beside me, looks at me once in a while. After some time, he sighed then started to talk.

 

"I'm sorry... For shouting at you earlier." He said, guilt showed clearly on his face. 

"It's okay. I was just... a little shocked, I guess." I said.

 

"Well, actually there's story behind my act." He said making me more surprised. 

"Really? What happened?" I tried not to sound desperate but my curiosity was killing me. 

"One of our friends... died because of a brain tumor. It started as a headache, but he didn't care, he thought it would become normal again after some time. But it didn't, the pain was getting stronger and stronger. And when he finally went to the hospital, they said it was already at the stage where they can't do anything..." Tears were now visible in his eyes. Somehow it hurt me because even though it's so annoying, he looked much better when smiling. I didn't want him to cry. At least not in the future.

 

"So he.. Just waited for that day. The day where he will be gone. We visited him every day after school, and we would look after him one by one. Then one day, when we came back from the school...they told us he died that morning. And they didn't bother to tell us. We didn't even say our goodbyes, they didn't allow us..." He was now sobbing.

 

I didn't know what to do. Seriously he was so worried about me because he thought I might die like his late friend. I just brought my hand to his shoulder and patted twice. 

 

"I didn't know that... And I'm sorry for what happened." I said, lowering my voice. He finally

Please log in to read the full chapter