Chapter 3

선배 /The Sunbae/
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2]Chapter III : Friends?[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

Taehyun’s P.O.V

 

Though my feet are working on their own, I can’t believe I’m going to my new school. Well, it was kind of predictable since I decided to go with my mother’s hope.

 

I’ve given some thoughts on how should I make a friend. Yesterday I just gave a cold, nerd attitude to everyone who saw me, so it will be so awkward if I act like a social butterfly now. Well, I was one back in New York, of course there were my precious friends. Should I try with that shorty boy? Truthfully, he wasn’t that short, he is surely in the average. I just don’t have any other words to express him.

 

I could try to have some words with him during the break if he’s willing. I’m not sure if he would be that willing, because if I remember correctly, I clearly spat some sarcasm at his face yesterday. If I were him, I’d never ever talk to me again.

 

I put my iPod on shuffle and waited for the song to start.

 

We’re up all night to get lucky~

 

We’re up all night to get lucky~♪

 

Lucky? Then, I’d try my luck. Of course, the one I’d approach is obvious.

 

I reached my school in no time, after all, my home is just about 10 minutes away from the school. I walked into my classroom, to my surprise, no one was there.

 

What the? Doesn’t any of the students know that they must arrive at least 10 minutes before class starts?

 

I sighed. Okay, no one is here. That’s better actually. I reached my table and put all my books and notebooks out from my bag. Instead, I put back my headphones into the bag. I’m sure if any of the teachers see my headphone, they would say ‘Of course! What else could we expect from a New Yorker!’ It’s not like you have to be all gangster, or a bully just because you came from the States. Every class’ door was open, which meant I could actually hear everyone in the hall. I tried to relax a bit by lying down on the table, using my right arm as a pillow. The sound of footsteps was so clear. ‘Ah, this one must be a girl.’ I was trying to guess everyone’s gender based on the sound of their steps. Tap..tap..tap… ‘This one… Maybe a boy?’ Right after that another footstep came in which sounded like running.

 

“Yah! Hoon-ah! Wait!” My head shot up at that sound of husky voice. I don’t know what hit me, but even my heart started to race. ‘What the hell’s going on with my body?’ I thought as the footsteps seemed to slow down a bit.

 

“You seriously need to reduce that volume of your headphones! I called your phone yesterday night, why didn’t you pick up? I thought your parents had caught you, dude.” The owner of that thick husky voice sounded really worried.

 

“Yo, HugeBoy! So eager to meet up with your HipHop BabyLion? Haha, everything went well yesterday. They were sleeping when I got back.” Another voice said. But this time, it wasn’t husky, it was more like an average.

 

‘Seriously, HugeBoy and BabyLion? Who gives a name like this to themselves?’ I just supposed they were some sophomores or freshmen going around. ‘But isn’t it like only juniors and seniors have lessons in the morning?’

 

“I told you not to use those names at school, didn’t I? If anyone knows who we are, I’m pretty sure we will be kicked out of school, man.” That voice which made my freaking heart go somehow wild. Again.

 

“Nah, they won’t notice. At least our names are not like Jiho’s, you know. His is like ‘Yes, the one you listened to last night at that club was me.’ Even if he….” The voice blurted out in the end signaling that they’re now far from me.

 

Finally my heart beating slowed down, and I slumped down on my table once again.

 

‘Jiho? It kinda sounds familiar, but I’m not sure.’  Nahh, I don’t care who they are. I just want to relax a bit before class starts.

 

When I finally found my pose, I heard someone walked into our classroom. I didn’t want to get up to see them. But, of course, I was interrupted.

 

“Good morning! You are here already. Seems like you’re a morning person, aren’t you?” Okay, it was him. Yes, the shorty boy I refused to show any kindness towards. I remembered the talk with mom. Well, it wasn’t a proper talk. Just me lying about having friends. Since I decided to go with it, I actually got up and faced h

Please log in to read the full chapter