Chapter VI

Keep Your Enemies Closer

Looking at himself in the mirror again – he had become extremely self-conscious in one night – he was trying to make sure he looked better than he did the night before. Intriguing Kris was only the first step in his mission. It was the second step that led him to all the secrets and information that could help send the entire mafia in South Korea down. The second step was to get Kris to fall for him.

Helpless and loveless passion helped, but it could be replaced. Zitao couldn’t have that. He had gotten a memo from his captain only hours before, asking for a brief report about what had happened and what was going to happen.

And Zitao was in the middle of writing it too – until he realised it was a little too embarrassing for him as a person and as an officer. Besides, he didn’t want any evidence to tie him to the police from this moment on, so he didn’t report in, he only sent a message to the captain from his mobile phone saying ‘NO’ – something they had agreed on if Zitao thought the risk was too great to fully report. However, Zitao was pretty sure his captain wouldn’t be expecting it so fast.

Letting out a deep sigh, he looked at the clock and noticed that it was time to go. Wearing skinny white jeans and a ripped jumper with nothing beneath, he left his apartment building.

He had to admit, he was a little scared but deadly excited.

Knowing that he had gotten off of the morning with Kris this morning, there was no way Kris was going to let him go that night. So Zitao had to mentally prepare himself for later on. Hopefully – with only the mafia leader.

A little part in his mind told him to be a little wearier of Joonmyun, however, the boy was way too kind. There was something about him that screamed danger.

Once he stood out of the club, he cleared his throat and relaxed his body.

Time to begin.

Gaining access into the club very easily, he moved his way towards the bar first to get his own drink – there was no way he was ever letting anyone get him a drink every again. Probably not for the rest of his life. Once he got a cocktail for himself, he sipped it a little before turning around and leaning against the bar. Looking up to the spot where the mafia was sitting last time, he noticed that someone was already staring at him – and it wasn’t Kris.

In fact, it was someone he hadn’t seen before. And someone who was currently making their own way down the stairs, and Zitao knew that they were coming for him. Clearing his throat, he patted down his clothes and made himself look as endearing as possible. All part of the gig.

Finally, the person coming towards him reached him, and the smirk on his attractive face was enticing to say the least, and the way he looked definitely made Zitao think that if the circumstances were any different – he would not think this man had anything to do with Kris.

But that was the downfall of this entire situation. It made Zitao rethink about every single person he has ever met and completely re-judge them.

Never judge a book by its cover.

“Well hello there.” The stranger said, leaning against the bar as he stared straight into Zitao’s eyes. “You must be Zitao, am I right?” He asked, letting his eyes roam all over Zitao’s body as he waited for an answer.

“I must be.” Zitao replied, smirking as his hand moved tightly around his glass. “And you must be?”

The stranger moved forward and leaned towards the boy’s ear.

“Chanyeol. How about you come with me?” He asked, pushing out his hot tongue and letting it slide along Zitao’s cold ear.

Shivering a little, all he did was nod before he felt Chanyeol grab his free hand and pull him away from the bar and up the familiar stairs towards the VIP section. Chanyeol’s finger continue to move over Zitao’s hand, the feeling was almost comforting, relaxing, and god knows he needed it because his heart was going crazy. Although he had to appear fearless, he wasn’t, and at this moment he was petrified.

Being pulled towards the familiar couch, he saw a very handsome blonde sitting on it, waiting for him without a smile on his face.

Beside him was Joonmyun, who looked as smart and calm as ever.

And then Kai, who looked pale. Almost, broken. But Zitao didn’t want to think about that at this moment in time. If he had time later, then he would perhaps try and get the other to be alone with him so they can have a chat, but that was it.

Chanyeol let him go and moved over towards another couch, sitting down and simply staring and grinning at Zitao.

“Come here.”

A voice was suddenly sounded, and Zitao’s eyes moved straight for the man who said it. Quite obviously, it was Kris, and he was simply just staring. Without a second though (and ignoring the giggles that came afterwards) he found himself in a familiar position again, with him standing directly in front of the mafia boss.

When the silence and staring became almost too much, Zitao decided it was time to put on his fearless attire, and speak first.

Moving ever so slightly forward, he leaned down so he was closer to Kris’s face.

“You aren’t going to offer me a drink again, are you?” He said, being careful not to smile.

There was another moment of silence before Kris stood up. The way he looked at the younger boy after his snide comment, wasn’t exactly pleasant. But then, within a moment of a couple of seconds, his facial expression changed.

And a large grin broke out on his face as he instantly grabbed Zitao’s waist and threw him on the couch behind him.

Once again, Zitao was surprised at the swift change of positions.

“That depends if you’ll fall for it again.” The mafia boss said, smirking as he put his hand on Zitao’s thigh, squeezing it tightly for his own pleasure. “I’m glad you came, although, I have to say that I’m not surprised.”

Zitao bit his lip, looking as seductive as possible, raising an eyebrow at the other’s statement that he wouldn’t return.

Sitting up a bit more, he grabbed onto Kris’s black skinny tie and pulled his head down a little, creating very little space between their faces. The older’s hand moved away from his leg and instead lay on the couch behind Zitao’s head to keep his stance, their eyes burning into each other’s.

“Don’t be surprised.” Zitao whispered, inhaling the other’s sweet and exotic cologne whilst closing his eyes with a smile.

“Why?” Kris asked.

“Don’t you remember? We never exactly got to the good part of the night because you drugged me.” He said, trying to place a little bit of emphasis on the drugging but he didn’t want to sound too serious. With a chuckle, Kris stood back up straight, allowing Zitao to sit upright.

“So you came here to ?” The blonde asked, an evil glint glimmering over his eyes as the rest of the men around them laughed. “It’d be my pleasure to oblige.”

Zitao let Kris help him up from the couch, his heartbeat nearly thumping out of his chest from excitement and fear. Looking around, he saw Kai and Joonmyun’s eyes on him – the latter just smiling whilst Kai was staring hard at him. The blonde gripped Zitao’s hand and pulled him along.

“I’ll be back soon boys, wait up for me.” Kris said, before something inside of Zitao’s head clicked at what was about to be going on.

And no, he didn’t mean the .

He meant the location.

“Wait!” He shouted, forcing everyone – even those who weren’t with the mafia – to turn and stare because of the sudden outburst. Kris rolled his eyes before staring at the boy with an eyebrow raised. Obviously, he was very ually frustrated.

“What now?” His voice was low and rough.

“…You’re not seriously going to where I think you’re going are you?” Zitao asked, staring up at the leader. The stare he was getting back was terrifying, but he held it in.

“What are you talking about?”

“There.”

With his hand, he pointed towards the bathrooms were Kris was inevitably directing them towards. The leader of the mafia looked towards it then back to Zitao before he began to shrug his shoulders.

There was no way Zitao was going to follow Kris into the bathroom to have with them.

“Why not?” He asked. Apparently Zitao was the only one aware that everyone around them were still eavesdropping into their conversation, which made him feel completely self-conscious. But he had to explain why.

“I’m not letting you me in a bathroom. I may be eager, but not that eager.” The boy explained, showing a disgusted face whilst he looked back up to Kris who was staring down at him with a blank stare. When he didn’t say anything, Zitao sighed. “Kris?” He said, trying to get the other to reply to him. “Can’t we go back to your place?”

Joonmyun, who was still sitting on the couch, let a smile appear on his lips. It was a first to see someone so bluntly tell Kris what to do, and it was a first for someone to outright reject Kris’s orders – although silent.

Looking over at Chanyeol who had the exact same smile on his lips, they both chuckled lightly as they continued to watch the scene.

Kris tapped his foot before he sighed.

“…Fine. Joonmyun, come get the car.” He said, voicing his orders to his right hand man who instantly nodded and moved out of the VIP area.

Once he did, Kris looked back at Zitao who had an accomplished smile on his face.

“Man, you better be worth it Huang Zitao.” He said quietly, looking over the boy’s body and reminiscing about the other’s pale and gorgeous legs that he had seen the night before. Zitao chuckled before he winked at him, moving closer and placing his hands on the blonde’s chest, shivering at how broad it felt.

“I am.” Just a little bit of confidence radiated off of him, but apparently it hit some sort of button in Kris’s head, because the next thing he knew, their lips were connected.

Kris instantly grabbed the boy’s hair, pulling him closer and smashing their lips together.

Forcing his tongue into the boy’s mouth, Kris didn’t seem to care about the audience they had gained minutes ago, and instead let his other hand move down to Zitao’s , making the other moan delightfully. Zitao just kept his hands on Kris’s chest, allowing his mouth to be completely dominated because quite frankly, it felt amazing.

Joonmyun suddenly returned, tapping Kris on the shoulder as he waited for his boss to stop his groping and making out session.

Once Kris separated from the boy, Zitao tried to catch his breath.

“Finally, let’s go Zitao.” Kris said, and as soon as he was going to grab the boy’s hand again, Joonmyun cleared his throat and spoke quietly, but Zitao was able to catch what he said in a low voice.

“I’m sorry Kris, but something has come up.”

The blonde took his hand away from Zitao and turned to face Joonmyun more. His expression was almost deadly.

“What are you talking about?” He asked, his eyes striking. The other man sighed before he hand a phone towards his boss. Kris took it, and read it, cursing a lot as his eyes moved over the lines. “He wants to meet me now? It’s already past eleven o’clock.”

“I called but he can’t do any other time. His plane leaves early in the morning.” Joonmyun explained.

“.”

Kris sighed before he gave Joonmyun his phone back, realising that he was going to have to leave now – and alone. Which meant he was going to have to leave Zitao here. Turning around, he saw Zitao standing there innocently, playing with his hands as he waited for Kris to come back to him.

Moving over, he sighed and spoke in a dreaded voice.

“I need to leave.”

Zitao’s eyes widened – even though he had heard the entire conversation between Kris and Joonmyun – and he pouted hard.

“Why?” He asked, trying to put a little anger in his voice.

“Work.”

“But I got all dressed up for you.” Zitao said, before he sighed and shrugged his shoulders whilst putting his hand on his hip. “Oh well, work is work. See you later then.” He said, keeping a straight face.

Groaning out loud, Kris turned around. Just before he left, he whispered something to Joonmyun and then walked out of the club.

Sighing, Zitao stood where he was, wondering what to do now.

Joonmyun moved up to him and then spoke.

“Kris wants me to take you back to his house again, will you come?” He asked, a tone in his voice made Zitao think that the other wasn’t expecting a good answer. With a grin, he nodded he head and shrugged his shoulders. “Okay, then shall we go?” Joonmyun motioned towards the exit before following the boy out.

When they were outside, Zitao just stood outside of the club waiting for Joonmyun to join him.

Eventually he appeared – but there were people behind him. Mainly Jongin and Chanyeol, the latter was just grinning at him. Joonmyun moved to go and get his own car whilst Chanyeol walked up to Zitao and began a conversation.

“So, you are an extraordinary creature.” Chanyeol stated, moving even closer to the y boy and placing his hand dangerously close to the other .

Zitao chuckled before he realised how close their bodies were. Looking up at the boy with the handsome face, he just stayed silent before he felt the other’s hand finally touch his – or the more proper term would be ‘’. Normally, he would’ve squealed, but this time, he had to keep up appearances so he just smirked.

In silence, Chanyeol let his hands move over the boy’s , groping him.

“It seems you have an infatuation with my , Chanyeol.” The way he said the man’s name made Chanyeol shiver a little, and forced his smirk to grow. Nodding his head, he chuckle before he leaned down and whispered into the boy’s ear once again.

“It’s beautiful – just like you.” Once again, he managed to allow his tongue to roam Zitao’s ear. The boy began breathing a little heavily.

Joonmyun arrived just in time, however.

“Chanyeol, get away from him.” He said, before he opened the back of the car and motioned for Zitao to get in. “We can go now, and you can rest Zitao.” He said with a smile.

Zitao nodded before looking back up at Chanyeol.

his lips, he just smiled before turning around and moving towards the car, getting in whilst Joonmyun got into the driver’s seat.

Time to go back to Kris’s house.


A/N: It's been a while hasn't it? Blame it on multiple lap reports, essays and exams. Hope you enjoy it!