Chapter V

Keep Your Enemies Closer

Taking a deep breath, he groaned when he felt something exceedingly bright hit his eyes and he had to turn over to escape the bright light. Pushing his head into a very comfortable and squishy pillow, he let out a contented sigh before he felt someone brushing the hair away from his forehead rather lovingly. Looking up, he saw a blonde man staring at him with a smirk on his lips.

“Sorry that we couldn’t finish what we started last night, my dear Zitao.” Kris explained, sitting on the edge of the back.

Zitao chuckled as he leaned on his elbow so he was lifted from the bed. All he did was stare at the blonde with excitement in his eyes. Although this was incredibly dangerous, he had to admit that it was a very fun role to play.

The doting boy who loved danger.

Hell yes.

Lying on his back, he stretched his arms above his head and moaned when he felt his body kick start. Kris watched the boy with curious eyes before he stood up and offered a hand to the boy.

Taking it, Zitao stood up and giggled loudly when he felt Kris wrap his arms around his waist and throw him on the bed.

“If you were going to throw me on the bed again, why did you make me stand up?” The boy wondered, and the other grinned as he straddled him.

“Because I wanted to.”

Zitao and Kris stared at each other before the mafia boss got a little impatient. Moving his head down immediately, he smashed their lips together and shoved his tongue into the other’s mouth, listening to the small moans that escaped Zitao’s throat, running his hand down the other’s body. Both of them put a lot of passion into the kiss, and Zitao hugged Kris’s neck tightly.

Their bodies were rubbing against each other before Zitao actually pushed the other away rather suddenly. Kris stared down at the other in disbelief.

“What are you doing?” he asked, and Zitao bit his lip nervously.

“I uh… just realised something.” The boy said, looking to the side. It would be a lie if he said he wasn’t pissed that this was interrupted for some reason unbeknownst to him. Sitting up with a grim expression on his face, he waited for Zitao to explain the interruption. Zitao bit his lip and leaned on his elbows. “…I have bad morning breath.”

There was a moment of silence before Kris began laughing.

“Are you kidding me?!” he shouted, a large grin on his lips and his eyes were lit up very brightly.

“Hey!” Zitao hit the other’s chest playfully. “I’m very hygienic I hope you know, and I don’t want to turn you off with my bad breath.” He held a hand over his mouth and widened his eyes making the other chuckle once again. Kris rolled off the other and pointed to another door within the room. Zitao eyed him suspiciously. “What?”

“There’s the bathroom.” Kris said, shaking his head before he left the room.

When he did, Zitao sighed and let his head fall down back on the pillow. At least he wriggled his way out of some morning . Not that he really would’ve minded but… he didn’t want to seem too easy. Standing up finally, he moved towards the bathroom but he stopped in his tracks when he realised that one: there was no towels, and two: he had nothing to wear after he got out of the shower. Turning around, he bit his lip before he moved to a set of drawers.

Opening the first one, he sighed when he saw it was basically full of random stuff that included paper and some stationary.

When he got to the second one, it was actually weapons.

So many weapons.

Looking at them, he picked up a rather cool looking knife – and very, very sharp – and twisted it around in his hand a little. There were also some guns inside too.

“I’d be careful with that.”

Zitao jumped and dropped the knife immediately, placing one of his hands over his chest to cover his beating heart. When he looked up, he saw someone that he vaguely recognised but he wasn’t quite sure if he remembered his name.

“Oh um, I was actually looking for clothes and a towel.” Zitao explained, smiling kindly before he watched the other move forward.

“Third one down.” The other said, smiling.

Zitao nodded thankfully before he bent down and picked out some clothes – he didn’t know if they were Kris’s or not – and he looked back up at the other.

“I’m sorry… but have we met?” he wondered, and the other smiled sadly.

“Oh um, I was taking care of you last night whilst you were unconscious. I’m Sehun, Kris’s brother. I’m sorry you don’t remember our conversation last night.” He said, shoving his hands into his pockets before he retreated back to the door. “Well, Kris wants you to come down the stairs for breakfast after you’re finished.” Sehun explained, smiling sadly once again as he stared at Zitao. Sighing rather loudly, he left the room.

Zitao watched his back carefully before he shrugged his shoulders. Actually, he could remember some clips from last night but the rest was quite hazy.

That would be the drugs he assumed.

Moving towards the bathroom, it didn’t take him long to completely wash himself before he changed into the grey sweats and the white v-neck. He left the room and moved down the stairs before he looked around.

It was a massive house – although he didn’t expect any less. The interior decoration was rather amazing and he was quite impressed.

All Tao could do was follow the smell of food and soon enough he was in the kitchen.

“Zitao!” Kris suddenly shouted, making everyone that was sitting at the table turn and look at the newcomer. It was the rest of the group that Zitao had seen at the table the night before and he felt quite embarrassed. “Come sit, eat.” The boss said, tapping the empty seat beside him and beside Sehun. Zitao nodded with a small smile and passed everyone, ignoring the smirks he received, and sat on the chair that Kris had wanted him to sit on. In front of him was an amazing plate of food.

And he was certainly hungry.

Picking up the fork, he didn’t even spare a glance at Kris or Sehun before pushing some food into his mouth and lightly at the fantastic taste. He took a drink of the orange juice that was beside him and he smiled brightly.

Kris just watched him carefully with a grin on his lips. This boy was definitely something.

Breakfast was finished, and Zitao was just simply tapping his fingers on the table whilst the rest of the people around the table were discussing something else he hadn’t thought about listening into, even though he probably should’ve been eavesdropping. Blowing up his cheeks, he felt someone tap his shoulder.

Turning around, he saw it was Joonmyun.

“Hey Joonmyun.” He said, waving cutely at the boy he had felt a lot safer around. Joonmyun smiled and took a seat beside him – Tao didn’t even realise Kris had left.

“How are you feeling?” The man asked.

Zitao shrugged his shoulders with a small smile placed on his lips. Even after all he had went through the previous night, he couldn’t even really say he felt bad after the whole drug thing, in fact, and he felt better than he had in a long time.

Must be the drugs still.

“Good, well, we’re going out again tonight and Kris would like it if you would accompany us again.” Joonmyun explained before he looked to the other for a response.

“Of course, I’d love to.”

Joonmyun chuckled before he looked down at his feet.

“What?” Zitao wondered, the smile still staying on his lips. The other looked rather surprised at his reply and he wanted to know why.

“The guy drugged you, you know he’d dangerous but you still agree?” He asked.

“…I like a little bit of danger. And don’t worry, I won’t be accepting drinks from Kris again anyway.” Zitao said, winking at the other and gaining a laugh. Joonmyun watched the other with wonder covering his eyes at the boy in front of him. Kris definitely found himself a catch, and he was slightly dangerous. “Anyway, I should be getting home. Can I get a ride?” Zitao asked, smiling.

Joonmyun nodded and stood up, carefully escorting Zitao to the front of the door before he left to go and notify Kris and a driver so he could take the boy home.

Zitao leaned against the wall and ruffled his own hair.

He didn’t realise that someone else was already staring at him. Looking up, he smiled a little when he noticed it was the head of the mafia.

“Leaving me already?” Kris asked, folding his arms across his chest without a smile.

Zitao moved closer and smiled up at the other.

“I need to get changed and relax a little. The effects of that little surprise you slipped me last night is still taking an effect on my body you know.” The boy said, standing on his tip toes so he was eye-level with the blonde. Kris looked at him and grippe his waist suddenly, holding him close. There was a brief silence between them before Zitao suddenly hung his arms around his neck.

It was a hot atmosphere before Kris gave in and roughly kissed the other. Zitao moaned when he felt himself getting turned around and smacked against the wall.

He groaned when his back made contact with the wall and he stared at the blonde.

his lips, he moved his fingers into Kris’s hair and ran them through it. The mafia boss stared at Zitao and gritted his teeth together. Zitao suddenly kissed him again, biting Kris’s bottom lip hard before their tongues mashed together.

They separated again when Joonmyun cleared his throat.

Kris didn’t turn around before he spoke in a quiet voice.

“Don’t expect to get let off easy tonight little one. You’ve already teased me way too much Huang Zitao.” He let his hands move down to the other’s , groping him hard enough to make Zitao moan out loud. “Mmm, we’ll have fun baby.”

Zitao could even manage the courage to smile or reply. When Kris let him go, he left the room and left Zitao and Joonmyun alone.

The other moved up to him and smiled rather nervously.

“Let’s get you home. You’ll need to rest for tonight.”

Zitao sat at his table with his notepad in front of him. He was trying to remember all the information he had gotten in the last day and this morning, he was creating the start of his police report, and he had to write down the information whilst it was fresh in his head. The first thing he was writing about was Kris but he didn’t know exactly what to write.

Rash. Rough. Caring. Dangerous. Strict.

He didn’t know why he wrote the middle word but he didn’t know what else to say about the blonde. All he could think about was the way Kris his hair.

Or the way he let him have a shower in the morning even if it meant no .

But the way Kris talked to him before he left the mansion was still racing through his head at the moment. It made his body feel hot. And he didn’t know why, but hell he really was anticipating the night ahead of him.

Putting the pencil down, he realised he didn’t have the mental capacity to do anything right now.

All he needed to do was sleep.

And then wake up for a hell of a rough night ahead of him. That he could not wait for.


A/N: Hey guys! Long time eh? Truth be told I had forgotten about this story but here's an update! <3