Chapter III

Keep Your Enemies Closer

Kai moved forward, his hand just about to touch Zitao’s pale face, but he was suddenly pulled back, his arm twisted behind his back. As he screamed in severe pain, he was about to turn around and hit the one who was harming him, he stopped directly in time to not hit his boss.

 

Yifan stared at him with wide eyes and his mouth agape.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked, and Jongin looked at him confused. He was wondering what he had done so wrong.

 

The blonde looked down and shook his head.

 

“Don’t touch him Kai.”

 

“But you said—.”

 

“I didn’t say to touch him. I said time to have some fun with the toy.” The boss explained, and Kai was just looking at him as if he was on crazy pills on something. He clearly heard him. So what was the problem. Kris chuckled. “I didn’t say the toy was Zitao Kai. Most certainly, you are not allowed to touch him.” The other was about to interrupt but the boss wasn’t going to be interrupted. “You have really annoyed me tonight, you know.”

 

Joonmyun looked at the boy in his arms and smiled before he rolled his eyes. Looking at his younger brother, he just shrugged his shoulders before sighing.

 

There was nothing he could do.

 

He had warned Kai. He did tell him that Kris was going to be obscenely mad if Kai tried to touch Zitao again.

 

Of course. The boss had given misleading orders. But he wasn’t going to say that.

 

“Just for pissing me off so much tonight, oh my dear sweet Jongin.” Yifan moved over to Kai and placed his hands on his shoulders. “You can be the toy.”

 

The younger’s face darkened and he stared at him with disbelief.

 

“Are you… serious?” he asked. The boss hadn’t been this horrible for a long time. “It’s not my fault! You’re the one that said have fun!” Kai was shouting at his boss, and that was something you wouldn’t and shouldn’t do if you were under the leadership of Wu Yifan. Too bad Jongin seemed to have forgotten that.

 

Joonmyun sighed and turned around.

 

Even though it’s what he deserved, he didn’t want to see anything bad happen to his little brother. Moving towards a large limousine, he placed Zitao inside before following him. Sharing a glance with Yifan one more time, he received a nod and he shut the door.

 

Looking at the boy who was close to unconsciousness, he sat him up and pressed the back of his hand to his forehead.

 

“You’re really hot. Don’t worry, the drug will wear off soon.”

 

Zitao managed to look over at the older and he nodded. That was the only thing he really could do. He would shout at Joonmyun for the fact he was drugged but that would have wasted precious strength.

 

The car began moving and Tao unconsciously placed his head on Joonmyun’s shoulder.

 

At least he was in a car with someone who looked responsible. Joonmyun obviously wasn’t considering he was in the freaking mafia, but there was also one member who seemed to be saner than everyone else. Zitao had a feeling that that member was Joonmyun so he was happy about this. But he couldn’t believe he allowed Yifan to drug him on the very first night.

 

If his boss saw this, he’d probably get fired.

 

But it wasn’t his fault for not thinking about it. He was incredibly nervous being around the mafia.

 

“I’m taking you to Yifan’s.” The older man said, looking down at the other’s pale and warm face. “He’ll be there later tonight after he’s finished the punishment.”

 

That word made Zitao look up instantly. Tilting his head to the side, he spoke softly.

 

“W-What… p-punish… ment?” he wondered, trying to ignore the swirling feeling in both his head and his stomach. It felt like his insides were being moved around and it wasn’t a good feeling at all. Why do people take stuff like this? It probably wasn’t for his own benefit anyway.

 

That thought alone made him shiver.

 

Joonmyun took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

 

“My brother broke a lot of rules tonight. He’s now getting punished.” He explained, looking down at Zitao’s rather big and innocent eyes.

 

But he wasn’t going to explain in properly. Besides, he doubted that Zitao would even remember any of this in the morning. The boy took a deep breath and found himself closing his eyes because he felt as if he was about to pass out. Joonmyun quickly took a hold of the boy and kept him close so he would be able to pick him up easily when they reached destination.

 

When Zitao finally fell unconscious, Joonmyun sighed before he heard his cell phone ringing in his pocket.

 

Picking it up quickly, he smiled.

 

“Yes Yifan?”

 

“How is he?”

 

“Fine. He just passed out. He’ll be in your bed when you return home tonight.”

 

“Good. I can always count on you Joonmyun.”

 

“Of course Sir.”

 

“Well, I’ll see you in a few hours.”

 

“Yes Sir.”

 

“Goodbye Joonmyun.”

 

“…Goodbye Yifan.”

 

Closing the phone, he sighed before shoving it in his pocket. He was going to say something about his younger brother but he didn’t dare go up against Yifan like Jongin does. It was part of his specific job as Yifan’s right-hand man. Being there at all times and following all of his rules was something that was completely necessary.

 

Sadly, Jongin didn’t get that.

 

They arrived at the house and Joonmyun took Zitao out of the limousine carefully. Walking to the door, he knocked loudly and quickly someone else opened it.

 

“Oh? Whose this?” The boy, Sehun, asked, looking over Zitao’s face.

 

“It’s Yifan’s new play mate.” Joonmyun explained. He walked in, waiting until he heard the door shut behind him before turning to face Sehun. “What are you even doing awake Sehun?”

 

The young boy sighed and kicked the floor with his feet.

 

“Because it’s stupid to have a curfew.”

 

Joonmyun groaned.

 

Sehun was Yifan’s younger brother – he was only seventeen – but he was already a brat. Never following orders he was incredibly hard to keep under control. At least he wasn’t violent like his older brother, but he was definitely defiant. But then again, that could be of some use at the moment.

 

The older man moved to Sehun and smirked.

 

“What are you looking at me like that for?” Sehun asked, staring at Joonmyun suspiciously. The other shrugged before looking down at the sleeping boy in his arms.

 

“I’m going to put Zitao in his bed. Look after him until your brother returns.”

 

Sehun didn’t have any time to reply before Joonmyun began walking up the stairs, and surprisingly Sehun followed behind him. They all reached the bedroom and Joonmyun motioned for the youngest to move the bed duvet down so he could place the unconscious boy comfortably inside. The youngest stared as Zitao moved around a little to get comfortable in his sleep.

 

Nudging Joonmyun, he spoke rather quietly. He didn’t want to wake the other stranger up at the moment.

 

“What did Yifan do to him?” he wondered.

 

“Drugs.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Joonmyun shrugged. Patting Sehun’s back, he looked at Zitao to make sure he looked okay and turned to the boy.

 

“Look after him.”

 

With one swift nod, Sehun took a seat on a chair in the room and watched Zitao. Joonmyun quickly left them alone and phone Kris to tell him the situation. Sehun bit his lip as he stared at the drugged boy in the bed and sighed. He didn’t like what his older brother did.

 

Everyone thought he was disobedient because he was exactly like Yifan. But that wasn’t what it was.

 

He hated what Yifan done.

 

And there was no way he was going into that job. But he couldn’t do anything about it.

 

Looking after the boy that his older brother had decided to make his new playmate, was good enough for him at the moment. Maybe he could right some wrongs in his family’s life with this. But probably not. As soon as Yifan returns he’s probably going to take advantage of Zitao. Hell, Sehun didn’t think Zitao even wanted to be here.

 

He just hoped Yifan was going to go easy on him.

 

His brother was pure evil.


A/N: Another chapter for you all! Third update in a night ;) Hope you enjoy it!