Chapter 6: We're trying to bond...

Who Might Have Known It Was You? (You Who Came Unexpectedly)

PicMonkey+Collage.jpg

*Soo Jin*

Next morning, after what happened last night, it supposed that Sehun and I agreed on being friends. If a 15 year old Soo Jin of the past had seen this happening, she would probably have slapped me on the face.
I never saw this possible. 
How can he asked me to do such thing? What was he thinking? Did he perhaps, felt shame for me?


I should probably wake up and take a shower for school.


While I was showering, I started to consider everything on my mind.


Why didn't I just moved or hit him on the face when he started with his cheesy lines? What was I thinking? What the hell is wrong? why is he behaving like this?


Well, there must be something good about all I guess, maybe the fact that he will treat me better than he used to.
I shouldn't think about it too much and just wait and see.

I ended my shower and discovered that I had a problem. There was no clean clothes for me to wear, and the only choice was to wear the towell around my body, but... 


What about Sehun? What if he's still sleeping? Or worse. What if he's awake? I can't let him see me like this.

I opened the door, peeking through the room for any signal of movement. My eyes searched for the bed, which was empty. So I decided to go out.

 

And what caught my eye was my clean uniform laying on the recently made bed. And a note that said:

 

"I left the room so that you can dress comfortably, my mom washed your uniform, I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast.
Sehun"

 

I chuckled, then got ready for school. I went downstairs and saw the breakfast served on the table. It all looked delicious. Plates full of rice, vegetables, meat.
I don't remember having a breakfast like this before. Usually, my parents left before I was awake, so I milk was my obly breakfast.

 

"Good morning friend!"   Sehun greeted me.

 

"Good morning, Sehun"   I replied back.

 

"Did you sleep well?"   He asked me.


"Yes"

 

"So you enjoyed my company?"    He said, with a half-smile on his face.

 

"So even if we're friends, you're still gonna tease me?"   I said, in an obviously molested-sarcastic tone.


"It's just a question! Geez! Relax and enjoy your breakfast!”


“Haha okay!” 

 

“What’s with your actions now?"    Ms. Oh asked, with a stranged-happy expression and a smirk on her face.

 

“Nothing mom, we’re just trying to get along, you know, for the sake of everyone”   Sehun explained. SO that’s why.

 

“Okay, it’s fine for me anyways. Sehun, take care of Soo Jin please”   Ms. Oh asked his son.

 

“I don’t know if I can do that, is such a big problem to take care of this dummie”

 

“Oh shut up!”   I replied back to his comment.

 

Sehun just laughed. 

 

The first day that we walked together to school has been one of the most awkward of my life, we literally didn’t had anything to say to each other.

 

What can 2 people that were used to offend each other since they meet, can talk about? 

 

It has been 5 minutes of silenced walk to the bus-stop, plus 10 minutes of ride, adding another 4 minutes to walk from the bus stop to the school entry, then 2 minutes walking to the classroom, maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll be on the exact time the bell rings, but if we’re not, we’ll just have to wait until the class starts.

 

I have to bring some conversation to this silenced walk.

 

“So tell me, Sehun, is something new in your life?”   I asked the first thing that came into my mind.

 

“No, not actually. Ammm, what about you?”   He replied.

 

“No, nothing new” 

 

Another moment of awkward silence.

 

“I was wondering, if there is something we can talk about, just to avoid all the silence”

 

“Sure, what do you suggest?” 

 

“What about a Q&A game?”

 

“So you ask me a question, and after I answer it, I ask you other?”

 
“Yes, easy right?”

 

“Ok then, you start!”

 

“Ok, what is your favourite food?”    I asked him.


“Mmmm”  

 

He thought for a while  “Sushi!”   He answered excited. 


It seems like we have something in common. 

 

“What about you?”   He asked me.


“I sincerely...like sushi too”    I answered at him.

 

We kept asking questions to each other like what is your favourite band, the place you want to go the most, your favourite games, etc, and it all opened conversation themes where we debated and laughed together. We even shared some thoughts about dreams and expectations. The time ran faster than what I expected.

 

Without realizing, the school day ended pretty fast. We were already at his house making homework, but this time, quietly, trying not to distract each other. 

 

Then Ms. Oh prepared some sandwiches and orange juice as a meal for us. And when we were done, we searched for some rest.

 

“School was relaxing today don’t you think?”   I commented


“Yes, without all your whinning…”   He said.

 

“Heey!! What’s wrong with you!?”   I yelled at him.

 

“Sorry! I talked without thinking. It will be hard for me you know?” 

 

“Well it seems so, you idiot!” 

 

“Wait! Watch your mouth!” 

 

Aish, the day was going so well.

 

Sehun sighed and I blew the lock of hair that remained on my face. We calmed before we exploded on insults like always.

 

“So, you noticed that Suho didn’t came to school?”   Sehun asked, with some concern.

 

“Yes, I noticed. It’s weird, he never misses school. Not even for an emergency. What might had happened to him?”

 

“I have no idea, I would really like to know”

 

“We can call him later, it can’t be that important”

 

“I hope so. Do you want to keep going with the Q&A game?”

 

“Sure” 

 

“But this time, so that we can get to know each other better, how about if we make the questions more personal?”

 

Sehun said, with a strange smirk in his face that really freaked me the hell out.

 

“Why would you like to make those kind of questions?”   I asked him.

 

“Well, because we will definitely get intimate friends, and if somehow, one of us reveals a secret to other person, we have weapons to attack the other”

 

“The way you say it, doesn’t give me any hope of playing it”   I said raising him a brow.

 

“Oh come on! Fine, I’ll start! What is the most embarrassing thing you remember doing?”

 

This makes me go back into the past…

 

“When I meet you, was the biggest mistake of my life.”   I tried to fool him.


“Wait, why was it the biggest mistake?”   He sounded, worried.


“Because eventually, we were going to meet later, but my stupid vision had to failed, making me bump accidentally into you. Who might have known it. Perhaps our destiny was to hate each other"   I blurted, without thinking any of the words I've just said.


Sehun’s room filled with a bitter silence, and the atmosphere was very tense. He stared at me, with his poker face, like if my answer just ruined every attempt of him to be nice towards me. He had this powerful gaze on his eyes, that made my heart sunken.


“No, wait I was just joking…”   I tried to fix it, but seemed too late.


“Forget it, this is impossible”   He said, turning his eyes to other direction, then standing up from the floor and walking away.


I looked to the floor, disappointed.

 
Well done, Han Soo Jin, you messed it up again.


*Face Palm*


I walked through the corridors of Sehun’s house, looking for something to do. Or someone to find. Finally, after a few minutes, I ran into Ms. Oh, just the person that I needed to talk to.


“Hey, Ms. Oh, are you busy?”   I asked her.


“I’m doing laundry dear, but if you want to talk, join me to the laundry room”   She explained, with her usual smile.


I followed her to the laundry room downstairs. She seemed pretty busy, so I helped her folding some clothes while she previously put them on the washing machine. 


“So what’s wrong Soo Jinnie? What did my Sehun did to you this time?”   She asked, while shaking off some shirts.


“Sehun did nothing to me, it was all my fault this time”   I said emotionless, and Ms. Oh quickly threw a gaze at me, a stranged gaze that could easily interpret as an “I can’t believe it”  look.


“W-why? What happened?” 


“Is just that, we were talking, trying to bond, like we’ve been intending since last night, but something inside tells me that he’s just bluffing and not taking anything of this for serious. I keep thinking that he just wants to hurt me, like always, but another part of me says that I should give him a chance, and that maybe, it won’t be that bad. 
Having this mentality while we were talking, I said something that seemed hurtful for him, in the moment he heard it, he stood up and left me. I don’t know what to do, maybe I should go back to my house or…”


“Wait Soo Jin!”   Ms. Oh stopped me before I could say another word.


“You don’t have why to consider that!! The only thing you have to do is ask him for an apology, that’s all. Tell him that you will fully trust him, and mistakes like this won’t be committed in the future”


“That seems like a good apologize, I think that I’ll do it! Thanks Ms. Oh!!”   I said excited, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Honestly, she’s better than my mother.


I climbed upstairs and entered to Sehun’s room, eventually, nobody was in there. I walked to his bed and sat on the edge. I looked over the window, and saw my bedroom, just the same way I left it yesterday. Today is Friday, so I guess that fumigator’s guy will come until Monday.


Deep in my thoughts, I heard the door opening, and Sehun coming in, he looked at me, and then tried to leave the room as well.


“WAIT!”   I said to him, making him stop from moving a single inch of his body out of the room.


“Come back here. I want to tell you something”   I explained, standing up from the bed, while he closed the door.


With his usual poker face, he waited for me to start talking.


“I’m sorry”   I shortly said. “I’ll work hard to make our friendship grow, please be patient with me”


He smirked, not saying a word. But it seemed like what I said, fully convinced him.


“Ok, then let’s work on it together”


*A few hours after*


Bed time!!


Already had dinner, and took a shower, helped Ms. Oh with the cleaning. So it seems like it’s time to sleep.


After saying goodbye of Mr. and Ms. Oh, and thanking them for letting me stay, I climbed upstairs just to find Sehun sat on his bed, and an inflatable mattress on the floor.


“Is that where I’m going to sleep?”   I asked, Sehun.


“Technically yes, but no” 


“I don’t get it”   I answered to his confusing comment.


“Today we’ll decide who will sleep in the bed and who will sleep on the comfortable mattress”


“And how are we going to decide it?” 


“How about rock, paper scissors?”


“Sure, why not”


“Ok, ready?”


“Yes, let’s do it”


ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!”   We screamed at each other, I threw a paper and instantly closed my eyes, afraid of what Sehun might have thrown. I’m not good at this game, I always loose.


And this time…


“Ok then, I guess that I’ll sleep in the mattress tonight”   I heard Sehun saying.


“Wait, I won?!”   I asked, very excited.


“Yes, Soo Jin, tonight you’ll sleep in the bed, but tomorrow, we are switching spots”   Sehun replied, putting a blanket on the mattress, and laying his face on a pillow he had previously put in.


“Sure, thanks Sehun-ah”   I said, before switching off the lights.


“Good night, Oh Sehun”


“Sleep well, Han Soo Jin”


*Sehun*


*On the bus ride*


"Let's talk about even more personal things"   Soo Jin,  said.


"You always want to talk about personal things, and you end up getting back! This time, you will answer all questions, ok?"   I said.


"Fine, I'll start. Have you kissed anyone?"   Soo Jin said, with a cheeky smirk on her face.


"Stop that! You look weird!" 


"Don't avoid the question! Or I'll ask another, and you'll have to answer it too"


"Ok no! I haven't kissed a girl in my life"


"Why?" 


"Oh no Miss!"   I whined raising a brow   "One question at the time, and it's my turn. Same question"


There was a silence, like if she was thinking of something, or someone else.


"No, I've never kissed someone... in my life"   she said, watching through the window.


"I don't believe you, you thought that question too much"


"Well, I didnt kiss him, but I was close enough"
 

Wow, this is getting interesting.


"Really? Who?"


"As you say Mister, one question at the time"


I looked upset at the floor, and she asked me.

 

"Have you dated someone?" 


"No, never, have you?"


"Neither do I"


"You want to try it?"


"Don't be gross!"   Soo Jin responded at my comment, punching my arm.


"Haha!!"


We walked into the classroom, and usually, Suho is already there when I arrive. But he hadn't come to school again.


"What's with Suho? This is really weird"


"We have to go to his house after school"   Soo Jin suggested.


"Totally agree"


After school, Soo Jin and I rushed over the school's exit door, when I felt a hand grabbing my wrist.


But it wasn't Soo Jin.


"Oppa, can we talk for a moment?"


Her annoying voice again. Goo Yoo Ri.


"Sorry, I'm busy"   I said throwing her  hand away.


"Oppa!!" I listened her horrible whinning while I walked away.


"What does your girlfriend wants now?"


Soo Jin added as 'funny comment'.


"Keep calling her like that and you'll see..."


"Why are you so upset about it? Is it because it's true?" 


"Shut up! I'll rather eat a rat than saying that she's my girlfriend"


"Neh! I don't believe you, you're in love with her"


"Okay, you got me, I really like my best friend's girlfriend"


Soo Jin suddenly stopped walking. And her face went pale.


"What happened? Do you feel threadened?"


She threw me a dead stare.


"Really?"   She asked me, raising a brow.


"So you believe more in my lies than what I honestly say? Woman, you're weird..."


She just laughed.


We arrived on Suho's house, and his father let us in.


"Sehun! It has been a while, please, come in"


"Is Suho sick?"   Soo Jin asked his father.


"Worse dear. Why don't you go to his room and talk to him?" His father suggested us.


"Sure sir. Thanks"


I guided Soo Jin to Suho's room and knocked on the door.


"Suho-ah!"   I said softly   "Can you let us in?"


"Sure"   we heard a voice coming from the inside.


“Hyung! What happened to y..."   I was saying, when I found my friend sitting on the floor, looking at nowhere. Soo Jin hurriedly rushed over him.


"Suho-ah? Are you okay? Did something happened at Yoo Ri's?"
 

 

 

"Yes, Soo Jin. Something happened"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: I've had a very biiig rest, but now I'm back. I hope I can keep uploading constantly. Thanks for the waiting, hope you like it :)