Chapter 5: The Rain That Fix it All.

Who Might Have Known It Was You? (You Who Came Unexpectedly)

PicMonkey+Collage.jpg

*Soo Jin*

 

I went downstairs and informed my parents about the little intruder that was in my bedroom, expecting of course, that Sehun wasn’t there anymore.

 

It was the weirdest thing that has happened between us, the awkward dinner is nothing compared to this.

 

I can’t stop thinking about the moment he felt above me, his gaze was very deep, and creeper, it was all on my lips.

 

Why would he see my lips? Did I had a stain of milk on them? Maybe toothpaste? Why was he doing? It was super strange, and he didn’t moved at all…

 

Why?

 

I’m creeping out not because I feel something for him, just because his behavior is really strange towards me lately.

 

I can’t stand it.

 

My father said that he will check the problem later, but for now he will cover the hole.

 

 

*2 days after*

 

"So what are you going to do about it?"   Suho asked, concerned about the matter of the mouse in my bedroom.

 

"Well, my parents haven't asked for a fumigator service or something, but I hope we can do it while we're on vacations"   I replied, walking by his side on the school corridor.

 

"So you're going to miss school for Friday and Monday? Wow that's cool, take me with you!"

 

"Haha! Of course I will! We just have to discuss it with my father and problem solved!"   I secured to him.

 

“So, when we get to your house, can I have a word with your dad?”   He said in a funny tone.

 

“Haha sure, why not!” I replied, entering to the classroom for the last period. Suho and I always sit together, since I came to this school for the first day.

 

At the middle of the class, I received a text of my mom that said:

 

[From: Omma]

 

Soo Jin, get in here as soon as school ends, we have something important to tell you.

 

That text was short but confusing, what can be so important? Maybe we’re going tomorrow? Ahh!! I’m so excited! I have to catch the first school bus to my house, with or without Suho.

 

School bell rang and my things were already kept, I ran to the school door and I heard Suho screaming:

 

“SOO JIN! WAIT FOR MEEE!!!”

 

I was running and for my instant I turned my back to see if he was coming. When I flipped it on the front, I smacked into something hard, like a wall.

 

What I will have given for it to be a wall.

 

It was a chest.

 

And not a just a “chest” but Sehun’s.

 

I shyly gazed at him but he didn’t had any sign of rejection on his face , was more confused?

 

Again, none of us moved, but Suho suddenly ran pass me saying "hurry up Soo Jin-ah!!"  while patting my shoulder.

 

Sehun abruptly pushed me away.

 

"Aren’t you running after your lover Apples?"

 

"Who said that he' my lover you idiot?"   I questioned him.

 

"Well isn't it obvious? Running after each other's holding hands?"   Sehun pointed out in a mocking tone.

 

"Is not of your business jerk, move out of my sight" I frowned punching him in the arm.

 

I guess things are going back to normal...

 

Forgetting about it, I ran to Suho as quickly as I could, he was waiting for me on the bus stop.

 

As I ran to him, I saw another bus leaving, guess he has been waiting for a little while.

 

"Suho-ah, sorry for the late. Sehun just…"

 

"Oh don't worry" he interrupted "buses have been coming and leaving, but still we have to hurry"

 

"Do you want to go walking?"   I suggested.

 

"No, you'll get tired, and we won't be on time" he said worried

 

"Oh! The bus is here!"

 

"Let's go!"   Suho said, taking my hand.

 

We jumped up and searched for an empty seat.

 

"Why do you think they want you for? Maybe you're leaving today?!"   Suho said, taking a seat by my side on the back.

 

"That is the same I thought!"   I said excited.

 

"But, you are still going to text me, and send me pictures of every single ride you take right?"    He pointed out.

 

"But we didn't agree on going together? The pictures I will take, I'll send them to Sehun saying:

Hey idiot! I stole your friend. P.S. i hate you! " 

 

"Haha" Suho laughed at my comment. "Isn't Sehun your friend too?"

 

"Sure, but that's the way I express love..."

 

I said sarcastically.

 

"Oh really"   he smirked raising a brow  "so why don't you treat me like that?"

 

"Because you're different, normal, decent"  

 

"So you look me as a man?"   He pointed out, making me blush, like always.

 

"No! What are you saying?!"   I said hiding my face.

 

"Then what's with the color of your cheeks honey?"   He said cupping my face.

 

"Yah! Get your hands of me, I can't see you as a man, you already have someone who sees you as it, for me, you're my hyung"  

 

And that's the only true, I can only see Suho as my protective older brother.

 

"Shouldn't you call me oppa?"   Suho replied.

 

"No!" I whined.

 

 

"Haha, oh really? So between Sehun and I, who do you see more as a man?"

 

My eyes opened widely to his question. I was about to throw him any stupid comment when the bus abruptly stopped, making me almost fall of the seat.

 

It seemed like there was a car crash that couldn't let us move...

 

My parents will have to wait for a little bit.

 

We were stuck in the traffic for 2 hours, I really considered getting of the bus, but not even walking people could pass through the incident place, it seemed pretty serious.

 

Then we ran to my house, desperate, for what my parents will say about the late, I quickly opened the door and started looking for them, I ran upstairs, every single room, no sign of them. My parents were not at house.

 

“Soo Jin, get down here”   I heard Suho shouting at me.

 

I walked downstairs, and saw him next standing on the kitchen, with a paper on his hand.

 

“What’s that?  ” I asked him

 

“Read it by yourself”   He replied, serious.

 

Concerned by his tone, I took the sheet of paper, and carefully read it.

 

 

“Dear Soo Jin:

We are very sorry for what we have done to you, and we know that promises that are made should not be broken, but we didn’t had other choice. The empress sent us to Tokyo again for the next 2 months, we wanted you to come here so that we could say goodbye, but time wasn’t by our side.

You can stay at your grandma’s house for now, don’t bother Ms. Oh. You have our number so call us when you read this.

Stay healthy, we’ll be back soon.

With love, Mom & Dad.”

 

I was speechless, broken, lonely, disappointed, I know work demands it, but this is too much.

 

Suho clearly noticed the pain in my face, so he pulled my shoulder to his hands and gently massaged them, making my nerves calm for a bit.

 

"You don't have why to be by yourself sweetheart, you can come to my house"

 

He said in a whisper.

 

"Thanks Suho, but I'll be okay like this, you can come more often, but I don't want to bother you"

 

His cellphone started to vibrate, and for the ringtone, I guess that I know who is.

 

Go Yoo Ri.

 

"Hey babe!" "What?" "I'm busy, sorry babe!" "How important it is?" "Really? That important?" "I see. Ok then, let me check" "Yes me too..."

 

he hung up.

 

"It was Yoo Ri-ah! She wants to see me… amm something important, but I don't know what.

I-I will stay with you, if you say so"

 

I couldn’t make him stay when another person that’s obviously more important than me needed him.

 

Having no other choice …

 

"Don't worry! Everything is okay! I'm used to this! Go with her. Text me when you're done"

 

"Fine! I'll come back quickly"   he said, taking his school blazer from the couch and putting his backpack on. He walked towards me and cupped my face with his hand while the other rested on his pocket. He softly put his lips on my cheek, making me feel the warmth of his actions.

 

"Hurry up Hyung, I'll be waiting for you"   I

 

"Sure honey"   he smirked.

 

He left my house, and I stood in the same position for a few minutes, maybe hours? Why would it matter, still I'll be waiting for someone.

 

As I always do…

 

As it always has been….

 

Moments after I walked around the mini-park we have in-front of our house, thinking a lot, then sitting in a bench watching people walk by.

 

Maybe the only thing that I needed was just a day with them, no family reunion, just the three of us, going anyplace, doing anything TOGETHER.

 

Is like a dream that will never come true, a wish that won’t be granted, a hope that will be broken.

 

I should let this go, I know that they do this for my own good, but also, I wouldn’t care to be poor if they just spend more time around with me.

 

I felt water coming through my cheek, but I wasn’t crying, I raised my hand to know where this drops were coming from when…

 

The rain couldn’t even let me finish my thought.

 

The first thing I know is that I ran to the nearest tree that could cover me a little bit, or at least it could let me stay dry until the rain stopped.

 

I sat on the ground, laying my head on the tree waiting and waiting, seeing the rain fall as a shower, non-stoppable, coldly, rather than the warm teardrops that fell from my eyes, burning my skin, sinking my heart to the bottom.

 

My body started to soak slowly, the tree that once covered me was now pouring the accumulated water on its branches, and the tears that my pain formed couldn’t stop coming out of my eyes, its better like this. To cry by yourself, when you don’t get other people involve in your feelings, when you let things go slowly on your mind, for a moment faking a smile for other not to realize, and like this, when no one notices the pain, is like it had never happened…

 

“Apples?”    I heard a voice muttering, softly, but still, I could recognize the nickname, perfect, the last person I want to see right now.

 

“Apples! Are you alright?”   He kept repeating, how did he find me?

 

“Han Soo Jin!”   Sehun yelled at, wait, h-he said my name?

 

I turned my head to see him, standing on the edge of the tree, the only clothes that he had on, shirt and pants, were soaked in water, his hair all messed up, like if he had ran in the rain.

 

“Why are you crying?”   He asked.

 

“It’s not of your business”   I replied, dryly.

 

“Your parents, before leaving asked me to stay by your side to take care of you”   He explained.

 

“I don’t believe you”   I said, faking.

 

“Then why am I here? How would I have found you if it wasn’t for them”   He said, desperate.

 

“Shut up, it’s not true, you don’t even like me, why would you care about me”  

 

“Because you’re my friend”

 

We can’t be friends, you don’t behave like one” I assured.

 

“Then let me start to make it”   He helped me get up, grabbing my arm and pulling it swiftly, even if I wanted to resist, my body moved by itself.

 

We started walking, both of us, soaking in the rain, not even saying a word to each other, just until we reached to the house, Sehun’s house.

 

“Your house, will be fumigated, because of the mouse, you, can stay with us, it wouldn’t be any problem at all 

Sehun said, looking at me, truly.

 

“I can be fine by…” Interrupted, again, by him, I was pulled from the wrist, dragged inside the house, then I saw Ms. Oh standing in the living room, with a worried look on her face.

 

“Soo Jin-ah! You’re fine! Oh dear”   She hugged me, like she hasn’t seen me after years.

 

“Please sweetie, stay with us while your house is being repaired, you’re not a bother, please”   The tone on her voice seemed sweet and kind. Maybe I need the company of a family that is very united.

 

“Sure, I’ll do it”   I said, convinced.

 

“KYAAA!!!!!!!!! But there’s a problem, we, don’t have our guest room available, so…”

“So what mom, she’s sleeping on the sofa? Oh don’t be so cruel”   Sehun shoot a comment, and I was about to hit him, but her mother does it better.

 

“Aigoo! This silly boy! Think before you talk! No, she’s staying with you, so you can catch up and stuff”

 

“WHAT?!!”    Sehun and I yelled in unison.

 

“Oh stop the whining, Sehun, show Soo Jin the bedroom, you’re sleeping in, and give the girl some dry clothes to put on, look at both of you!”

 

I couldn’t believe it, what is his mom trying to do with this? Does she want her house being ruined before the night ends?

 

I followed Sehun upstairs and entered into the bedroom, nothing new to describe, I’ve been here before.

 

I sat on his bed while he looked for something on his drawer. Then he threw me a shirt, a hoodie and a pair of pants.

 

“Go and take a shower, then I’ll go next”   He said, serious, I had never seen him like this before.

 

I just obeyed to his word without complaining, and got inside his bathroom.

 

*Sehun*

 

Her parents said that she might resist a little, but it was relatively easy. This idiot of Suho always helps her, but he has to go in the moment she is feeling the worse.

 

But I can’t understand, why did I acted so desperate in the moment I notice it was raining and she wasn’t there, when I came out of my house without even caring what I was wearing, and I ran as a crazy, searching for her in every damn place she went when she felt like this.

 

Until I finally found her, under the tree, crying, the only thing that I wanted was to hug her, why do I have does feelings all of sudden?

 

“Shower is ready…”   Soo Jin came out of the bathroom when I seemed tangled in my thoughts, she was wearing MY shirt MY pants and MY hoodie. How does she look so small, and cute?

 

"Are you checking me out?"   Soo Jin said, molested.

 

"Why do you think you are so important?"   I snapped at her, going into the bathroom.

 

"Hurry, if you get too late, I will keep the bed"   She said, smirking.

 

"In your dreams loser!"   I said, slamming my door.

 

Even with all the things in my mind, I still managed to take a shower in less than 5 minutes.

 

Shower

 

Dry

 

Dress

 

Comb

 

Mirror

 

Ready!

120510_sehun.jpg

A/N:  (like a boss)

 

"Haha there it is! Four minutes, 36 seconds, now get out of my bed

Apples?"

 

I walked to the bed and sat on the edge, I swiftly touched her shoulder just to check if this girl was on her sense, and when I turned her face, she had her eyes closed. So she's sleeping now.

 

Carefully I moved her aside, and lay next to her, resting my head on my arm.

 

Right now, I'm sleeping next to a girl. But she is not any girl, she is Apples. The girl that I'm supposed to be angry with all the time. They girl that I'm supposed to be hating. The girl I can't even look as a girl.

 

But here is the question, why do I feel so nervous right now? Why can't I feel te same way that I used to? What's wrong with me?

 

Rain was still pouring outside of my window, the weather was getting colder. Suddenly, interrupting my thoughts, she turned around and faced me.

 

For a moment, she was laying by my side, breathing in and out, peacefully, after a long day like this, she deserves to be resting.

 

"If you want it, I can still sleep on the floor"  she said, convinced.

 

"No! Don't worry! I'll sleep on the floor, so that you can be more comfortable"

 

Before I could move an inch from the bed, I saw her expression, tired and sad.

 

I can't see her like this anymore.

 

"Unless you ask me to stay"   I questioned her, insecure for her possible  "NO! Go away!" response.

 

"Stay, with me... please"   She answered, and magically the lights went out.

 

"Kiiiids!" I hear mother shouting. "The lights are gone because of the rain! But don't worry! Keep sleeping, dad and I am going to check it!"

 

Like these screaming were not going to wake someone...

 

I chuckled and then saw Apples's face, who was lighted by the moonlight reflect. She had an empty gaze, and her face was getting paler than usual. She dropped a tear from her eye and quickly erased it of her cheek, maybe she thought that I couldn't see her.

 

"Soo Jin, are you ok?" I asked her concerned.

 

"Why are you saying my name out of sudden lately? Why are you caring about me?"   She asked

 

"Because I want to be your friend"   I said patiently, before I could explode.

 

"Friends leave each other alone if they need to"

 

"But the least thing you need in this moments is to be alone, and I don't want you to be"   I said, resting my hand on hers.

 

"You don't know anything about me, you don't give a damn about me, stop pretending that you like me because of my parents asked you to do it ok? "   she remarked, making me piss of.

 

"I just needed a reason! This is not because your parents told me to do it, they didn't even talked to me before they leave, I just heard them saying goodbye of my mother, but they didn't even mentioned you! The first thing I did when I lost my patience was going to your room just to check if you were okay, because I knew perfectly how you will be feeling. And nothing. You weren't there.

Then I ran as a crazy searching for you when I noticed that it was raining, I got nervous with the thought of Suho and you together and me just being useless like always.

But when I finally found you, somehow I got excited.

I sincerely wanted to tell you, that I was worried about you

And that all I want is you to trust in me" 

 

All of my thoughts, came out of my mouth, like the rain pouring outside. She didn't move. She said nothing, she just gazed at me, deeply and then started to drop tears from her eyes, one by one, falling on her cheeks, traveling down her skin silenced, making her eyes look sadder,  still I could notice they way she intended to control herself.

 

I felt like my heart was sinking to the bottom just for the thought of her pain.

 

I moved my hand next to her cheek and wiped the tears with my thumb, one by one. Both of us, staring at each other.

 

"Can I hug you?"   I asked her, before I could do something stupid that I will be regretting for later.

 

"Yes" she replied.

 

That was enough for me to wrap my arms around her, as she did the same with my waist, laying her head on my chest, letting all the teardrops fall in my shirt, this will totally make me angry, if the situation was different of course.

 

I her head softly, cleaning her face of the locks of hair that covered it.

 

When she calmed, we lay in the bed, resting our heads on our arms, facing each other.

 

"Thank you" she whispered. "But if this is too much for you..."

 

"Don't end that sentence, just promise me, that whenever you feel lonely, you will come to me, because I'm still here for you"

 

Like I knew, it will be hard for her to recognize me as someone she can trust in. When before all, I just enjoyed spending my days teasing at her.

 

"Yes, I promise, just for one wish"

 

"So this will be the second wish of five?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Then what is it?"

 

"Stop calling me Apples"

 

I smirked and let a little laugh came out of my mouth, she smiled and did the same.

 

"Ok Han Soo Jin, do you want to be my friend from now on?"

 

"Yes, Oh Sehun, I agree on being your friend from now on"

 

We laughed for the last time, before we slept.

 

The last sound I heard was the rain hitting my window.

 

The last image I saw, was Soo Jin's smile.

 

I will sleep well tonight.

 

 

A/N:  Waaait! so now they're friends?! What!! HAHA yeah! those kids have been fighting for 2 years, they need a break don't you think, you know, before the real trouble starts...

 

Support, as I always say do everything I alredy mention! Take care!

original.jpg

(Does this photo means something for the story?)