08

I'm Sorry, I Love You

“The surgery went well and you were safe. My mom paid all the hospital bills and she made me promise her something – she’ll take care of you if I leave. You won’t remember me, my mom didn’t want me to get hurt and I might have a hard time while looking after you. Your emotions weren’t stable back then – maybe it’s the best if I leave. She sent me away while she became your mom. You called her mom, and she was happy. Until the day she died, I couldn’t come back, I didn’t attend my own mom’s funeral. She told me not to. I don’t understand why she became like that.”

 

The feelings I want to express, the love I want to transfer, have torn me up and left serious injuries.

 

Woohyun wanted to cry. He wanted to let out everything he has been keeping all this while in his heart, why does it hurt so much? Pain is inevitable. Woohyun looked at Jiyeon, she was staring at him, their gazes met. For no reasons, Jiyeon felt something soothing, the gaze was the thing she longed for, she missed those eyes. Those eyes that were once full of love, the one that has been pouring love to her, she didn’t realize she was actually smiling.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Am I?”

“Yes, you were smiling. I missed that smile of yours.”

“Why didn’t you come back and see me? At least once?”

“I… I was afraid.”

Jiyeon sighed. “Woohyun oppa, even if we were lovers back then, I don’t think I can love you now. I feel bad since we almost got married, but I don’t think it’s the right to fall in love again. After everything has happened, I need some time for myself. Give me a break.”

“I understand if that’s what you want.”

“I am very sorry, Woohyun oppa. For keep making you waiting for me. I’m sure you can find someone else out there.”

“There’s no one better than you. I’ve loved you for a long time, it’s hard to open up my heart for others.”

“I’m sure there’s a way out. Let’s be good friends and forget everything. Please, don't be a keeper. Don't keep everything to yourself. I would never know your pain, I probably would never feel the same pain like you feel but I am here with you and give you some comforts.”

 

If I forget myself, if I forget time, someday the painful things will change.

If I forget time, I will surely forget you.

If I’m born again, I’d like to become you.

 

You will never know my pain. How could she forget everything. The pain is too much. I’m suffocating. Woohyun thought to himself, even if Jiyeon couldn’t hear it, he still hoped she’d never hear those words.

“Can I hug you?”

Jiyeon went closer to hug Woohyun, she felt weird, the warmth of this embrace she’s missing. Woohyun leaned his head on her shoulder, crying. He hugged her as if it was the last hug he could get. “Jiyeon-ah, Park Jiyeon, I’m still in love with you.”

Jiyeon froze.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, Park Jiyeon.”

 

She was sure she remembered those words.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, Park Jiyeon.”

“I love you.”

 

“Oppa, call me with that again.” She demanded.

“Why?”

“Just. Call. My. Name. Again.”

“Jiyeon-ah, Park Jiyeon.” Woohyun was confused so he let go of the hug. He placed his hands on her shoulders, “Are you okay?”

“I think I remember now. But everything seems too blurry, the pictures, the voices.”Jiyeon was trembling, she wanted to cry. Woohyun pulled her into a hug again afraid that she might collapse or something.

“Don’t force yourself to remember, as long as you’re here by my side, that’s fine. When you are hurt, do realize that I'm here. I'm here by your side, I'm here to make you smile, I'm here to make you feel better, I'm just here and I would be here when you need me.

I’m sorry, I love you.”

 

After a storm, things will stand on more solid ground than they did before. The hard things make you better, dont give up.

 

Even though we’re separated, even though we’re far apart, 
everything is moving towards you.

 

I’ll forever remain in this sunny spot because, 
I’ll always be waiting for you to come.

Surely I’ll never understand you,
And you're too far to hold your hand,
so the sky is rolled within vines of sadness.

 

 

- End.

 

a/n: okay this is a short ending, I wrote this story on last year so I can't remember the contents and I don't know how to end up the story, my apology.