06

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Jiyeon continued crying even after funeral.

 

Day turns to night.

 

Night turns to day.

 

She still locked herself up in her room, not eating, just sitting in some corner crying her heart out.

 

Why does this to happen.

 

“Jiyeona.”

 

She heard the sound of knocking from the door. She looked at the door pathetically.

 

“It’s me, Hyun. Please don’t shut everyone out, let me in…

Please, I’m begging you...”

 

Jiyeon heard the sound of sobbing at the end of his voice. She weakly got her legs up to stand and walked to the door and unlocked it.

 

“Oppa…” she buried her face in Woohyun’s chest as he rubbed her back lovingly.

 

“Don’t talk, just cry. Have you eaten? You look skinny.”

 

Jiyeon shook her head in refuse.

 

“You should eat. Come I’ll cook something for you.” He said as he grabbed her hands and walked to the kitchen.

“He’ll watch after me from up there, correct? He’s going to be my guardian angel, right?”

 

Woohyun nodded and smiled. Poor girl. I don’t like seeing this way. I wish you would remember your past, our past. Am I considered as selfish?

.

.

.

.

.

(-Flashback-)

.

.

.

.

“Hey Ji.” Woohyun gave Jiyeon a quick back hug and nuzzled against her neck.

 

“Happy 3rd anniversary. I just wanted to say something to you. I wanted to tell you I love you. You’ve been handling with me and all my bull 1095 days and I wanted you to do that more. Thank you for always popping up every time I needed you. I like having you bothering me all this long, so don’t call yourself as a bother, alright? I’d like to say how amazing you are. Just know that I’ll always be here to give you a legit reason to smile, because you deserve more than what you actually get and you’re beautiful so share that pretty smile with others a lot. Today is a very special day for us to celebrate, for us to nourish and for us to show how much we love each other, though I know every day we always show our love and you never failed to make me feel so touched. I really feel so happy that you came into my life. That time I was falling apart, you were there to pick me and up and heal my broken heart. Thought I was a lone, thought I was invisible to everyone until you came along and you were the reason why I changed to the old me. The old Nam Woohyun. With you, it was like a fairy tale, like a dream come true. I love you, really, even words can’t express how much I do. Thank you for existing in my life. I love you, I always have and I always will.”

 

He kneeled down and said, “So, Park Jiyeon, will you do the honor of becoming my wife? To make our love last longer, to do everything together as we can and to be the mother to our future kids?”

 

“I did the math. You’ve been talking for more than 10 minutes or maybe less and took the courage to propose to me, I don’t have to reconsider on this, so I’m guessing you only need a-one-word-answer from me?”

 

Woohyun smiled, “Even if you answer me with 1000 words and above, I’d still love to hear it.”

 

“Yes, I will marry you, Nam Woohyun. I’d love to become Mrs. Nam.” Jiyeon said, hugging Woohyun as if she hadn’t hugged him for years.

 

“I love you.” She softly whispered in his ears.