03

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Finally, Myungsoo confessed. He grabbed his phone and saw a message and it’s from Jiyeon. She said, *so, I’ve been thinking on and on…*

 

*What’s your answer?*

 

*Kim Myungsoo, I love you too.*

 

Holy cow. She said yes! Finally! Jiyeon-ah, I do really love you. *so, we’re a couple now?*

 

*Most likely. It’s getting late already and I’m fagged out. I need a sleep. Good night and you should sleep too.*

 

Aw, that’s fast. *Good night to you too, baby. I love you.<3*

 

*Yes, I love you too.~*

.

.

.

.

On the next day, Myungsoo picked Jiyeon up and come together to school. The girls were doubting if  they were really dating. Myungsoo wrapped his arm around Jiyeon's waist and the girls went “Awhhh” Everyone’s envying them.

 

Sungyeol and the other Infinite members showed up suddenly. “Hey, punk, now I know where’ve you been all day long. You went out with this girl, right? Aw, you lucky girl. Having a boyfriend as the kingka of the school and his friends were all popular.” Sungyeol teased.

 

“Dude, back-off or I’ll hunt your down.” Myungsoo gave him a death glare.

 

“Hyung-ah, don’t get mad at him, you know he’s just joking around, right?” Sungjong tries to calm Myungsoo down.

 

“Myungsoo-ah, Sungyeol’s just kidding. It’s not a big deal.” Jiyeon smiled.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, you’re lucky for this time. You know what happened on last time.” Mungsoo warned.

.

.

.

.

Exactly 5 years ago.

.

.

“Myungeun-ah! I missed you.” Myungsoo hugged Myungeun tightly. “Oppa, where’ve you been for a long time?” Myungeun sobbed. “Mum missed you. And of course, me too.” “I’m sorry, kiddie. Oppa have a lot of works to do. Let’s go buy an ice-cream. Oppa treats.”

 

“Sungyeol came and hugged Myungeun. “You didn’t miss me, little girl?” “I missed you too of course, oppa. Now, where’s the lollipop?” “Ah, I almost forgot about it. Let’s go buy it. Myung, lend to me this girl for a while, okay?” Sungyeol held her hands and stepped in to the store. Myungeun was too excited getting a lollipop and she ran to Myungsoo. Suddenly a drunken man drove his car and accidentally hit Myungeun in front of Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

 

Myungsoo yelled for help. Meanwhile, Sungyeol was literally panicked as he was really scared of blood. He almost fainted out but Myungsoo held both of Sungyeol’s hands and shook his head, ‘No, not now.’

 

“Yeol oppa, please take care of Myungsoo oppa. Also, take care of yourself, I love you.” Myungeun whispered to Sungyeol’s ear softly. Sungyeol nodded while crying his heart out.

 

They rushed to the hospital to save Myungeun.

 

But they were too late. Myungeun died on their way to hospital.

 

Myungsoo was too upset for that tragedy. Since then, he became farther apart with Sungyeol anymore though Sungyeol kept saying sorry to him.

 

They were close friends back then.

 

But now, everything has changed.

 

People changed.

 

Myungsoo changed.

 

Maybe, Myungsoo loved his sister too much.

 

Too much until it hurts.