07

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Jiyeona.

Are you happy.

Then… that’s good, right.

.

.

.

“ …huff-”

 

Woohyun sighed as he buried himself in his hands thinking of Park Jiyeon. He ran his fingers over his face touching every bit of skin. He leaned his back against the wall and ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

Jiyeon.

Park Jiyeon.

 

That name won’t escalate from his mind that quick.

.

.

“… Woohyun oppa,”


“Eung.”

 

“I’m ready.”

 

“For?”

 

“Everything. You can tell me everything, everything that has happened to me then, everything that involves between you and me… Everything about my past.”

.

Jiyeon’s eyes were b with tears. Was she crying.

Why are you even crying.

.

“ … Are you sure about this? You don’t look well. Go back to your room and sleep.”

 

“No!” She answered, shaking her head, and let out sob. “I want to hear everything, now.”

 

“… Okay.”

.

.

.

.

My chest is never good at saying the things I want to say the most.

I hope I can find the words, someday, so that I can give them to you.

.

My dreams are even more selfish, my daydreams are overly sweet.

Reality, it’s too cruel – how can I have a voice if a voice won’t come out.

.

I open the door of longing and memories of you come out at me.

Over and over, the corners of my eyes turn red.

Over and over, my heart is torn apart.

.

Although I’m smiling affectionately, I guess there aren’t any truths or lies in it.

I succeeded in pretending to be happy, just like a puppet.

.

I’ll forever remain in this sunny spot, because, I’ll always be waiting for you to come.

.

Even if I can’t touch your heart, please stay by my side the same.

Emotions are bruises left behind – someday they will disappear and no longer exist.

.

The moon sees through the lies, and if it shines through me, the sadness would be too much to measure.

.

.

.

After some time, Woohyun finally made up his mind to open up the stories that he has been keeping all this while – from late Myungsoo, Jiyeon, everyone – the truth will be revealed starting now. He took a deep breath and slowly let it go, his heart thumped and thumped – Nam Woohyun is now ready to talk.

.

Inside his head, he felt something resembling dizziness. The rocking sensation in his body has increased. He squatted down, his back against the wall, eyes closed, as he waited for the dizziness and rocking to subside.

.

Woohyun rubbed his hands together lightly, as if confused. It’s a delicate thing to talk about. He found it difficult to remember the past.

.

.

“We were once a couple – a happy one. You and I almost get married after three years of dating. We’ve known each other for years, the first time I saw you, you were an orphan back then. We both were, we met in some orphanage, and you were playing alone at the park. So I came and said hi at you –  ”

.

Park Jiyeon smiles as the boy in front of her greets her. The boy looks harmless, but deep in his eyes, she can see sadness, a sorrow that he can’t share with anyone else but her. “Can I join you play here?” Woohyun finally utters wearing a wide grin on his face. Jiyeon looks at him and finally nods in agreement. “What are you playing?”

 

Are you blind. Jiyeon thinks for a second. “I’m cooking.” Woohyun lets out a chuckle at her sarcasm. “Of course I’m playing Lego, come and help me to build a kingdom. I as the Queen, you could be the King, since we are building this both together.”

.

“ – You loved to play Lego back then, we both loved it. We even bought a set of Lego, and I still keep it in our old house – the house we’re supposed to live together, in the suburb. You always have hated the city atmosphere so I thought why not we buy a house in the suburb. It’s okay to commute two hours back and forth to our office, as long as we live in peace and harmony.”

 

Still, Jiyeon said nothing. Lightly biting her lip, she waited for the rest of the story. Woohyun took his time searching for the right words.

 

Woohyun went on, “Some happiness doesn’t last long, it will be crashed down into pieces, someday. Like ours.” Jiyeon saw the tears slowly coming out from his eyes, drop by drop. He tried to hold it back, but tears are more energetic than our body, it goes out and it is hard to stop.

 

Silence.

.

.

.

Wherever you are I always make you smile.

Wherever you are I’m always by your side.

Whatever you say the feelings you’re thinking.

I promise you forever right now.

Wherever you are I never make you cry.

Wherever you are I never say goodbye.

I still promise you forever right now.

.

Wherever you are.

.

.

.

A week before their wedding, Jiyeon thought she could spend her day with Woohyun and the orphans. So they went  back to their old ‘home’ and gave away food for them. Jiyeon played balls with the kids at the park with Woohyun. There’s this one kid – a boy – he kicked the ball to Jiyeon but the ball rolls until it stops on the road. Jiyeon ran to the ball to pick it up without looking the cars passing by – and some drunk man accidentally hit her and ran away after the accident.

 

Woohyun watched her blood stains her white dress lying on the road.

 

For one moment, he froze.