Chapter 9

"Noticed By You"

I should be happy because my plan is working perfectly. Well, should I? It’s a torture. Maybe I’m killing myself without noticing. All of this… is for her…Gerald thought. Gerald was thinking when would be the right time to spend a weekend with Kim and to propose.  After a long period of time of not being with her, the anticipation of every waking minute of the hour ruins him. He dialed Kim’s number:

Gerald: Hi sweetheart, where are you?

Kim: I’m still in the office working, how about you?

Gerald: I’m just waiting for you. Are you hungry? Where do you want to eat dinner?

Kim: Ge, sorry but I have a deadline tomorrow and I won’t be able to get home until late. Take a rain check?

Ge: You have been working so hard and staying late it seems. I will wait for your call when you get home okay, sweetheart. I love you!

Kim: Ok sweety.  Have a good night and talk to you later. I love you!

Gerald hung up with Kim and decided to bring her food to her office. Kim didn’t have a clue and when he knocked on her door with two other of her staff, she was shocked and surprised and yet happy to see him. Gerald brought enough food for all of them. He brought Kim’s her shomai and devoured it all. Gerald waited for her until she finished and fell asleep on the couch.

The next morning was Sunday.  They both went to church in the morning and went to lunch with Gerald’s parents and Kim’s family.  What Kim didn’t know, Gerald asked Kim’s family for her hand in marriage?  He has plan of proposing to her next weekend at a secluded 100 Islands. 

Gerald: Kim, do you think you can free up your next weekend for me?

Kim: Really, what and why? 

Gerald: Can you please, it’s a surprise

Kim: You know I hate surprises.  You are going to make me wonder all throughout the week about it.

Gerald: Oh and Kim, I would like you and I to meet at our old meeting place on Saturday morning at 7am.

Kim: you mean our old bus stop?

Gerald: yes, we’ll meet at our old stop bus and from there, well from there, you’ll see. Gerald gave a big grin.

Kim was a like a little girl trying to get her little candy.  She tried to coax Gerald but it didn’t’ work.  Throughout the week, Kim was trying to let Gerald spill the beans but he wouldn’t budge. That Friday night, Gerald didn’t pick up Kim from work because he told her that he had a lot of errands to do and will see her at the bus stop.  The last word from him was to pack light.  Before hanging up his phone, Gerald told Kim, “I love you with all my heart my Kimmy”. I can’t wait for tomorrow and I know everything will be just perfect.  Sweet dreams my love.” Kim said “I love you always and forever, Gerald.”