Chapter 10

"Noticed By You"

Kim excitedly woke up early that Saturday morning so she can beat Gerald at the bus stop.  The last time they were taking the bus, Gerald seemed to beat her to the punch and ended up losing the bet and paying for lunch all the time. “I will thrash you by getting to the bus stop at least 15 minutes early.”

7:30am came and she hasn’t seen Gerald.  “Where is Gerald?” She called his mom’s house and no answer.  At this moment, her heart is palpitating.  It isn’t Gerald not calling nor texting of letting me know that he will be late.  At this time, she dialed Gerald’s number at least 100 times.  She prayed that hopefully nothing bad happened. She contacted her friends and his brother and his friends but nobody seems to know where his at.  All this, she was at the bus stop and it was almost 10am.

She was crying and the people waiting for the bus noticed how desperate she was. She didn’t want to leave the meeting place in case Gerald does come.  Eager and out of touch, she went running to the house and was perplexed.  She the TV and didn’t know what to do. She’s doesn’t want to think some morbid thoughts but can’t help it. “Oh please Gerald, call me, please.”

Court reporter: Fatality on the highway this morning.  Three are pronounced dead on arrival at the St. Luke’s Hospital.

Kim: St. Luke’s, I’m sorry but I have to make sure. Nobody knows, I just I have to find out.

Kim dashed out immediately from her house and called out the taxi.  She can’t drive her car, she needs to compose herself and right now, she needs someone, and she needed Gerald. As she stepped out of the taxi, it was chaotic. People were rushing and court reporters were all over the place.  She had to push people out just to get to the information desk. 

Kim: Gerald Anderson? Do you have a name by Gerald Anderson in the car crash this morning?  Please, can you tell me please?!

Nurse: Are you a relative?

Kim: No but I’m his girlfriend

Nurse: Sorry Ma’am but I can’t give you that info

Kim: Please, I just want to know if he’s involved in the accident this morning. Please, I’m begging you.  (Kim was breaking down in front of everyone until a nurse came to her aide and helped her).

Nurse: Here’s a cup of water.  Wait in the waiting room and I will see if I can get some info for you.

Kim: Thank you so much, I will wait for you. Thank you! (She waited for 30 minutes and 30 minutes turned to an hour until she felt hopeless.)

Kim went to the chapel and prayed.  She cried her heart out and hoped that something will turn out.  She sat there, waited, cried and prayed.  A few moments later, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and “GERALD!”  Thank God, Thank you God, you are alive.

Although Gerald was bruised up, his injuries aren’t life threatening. His driver is one of the people that died in the crash.  A dump truck hit several cars head on collision and it just so happened that most of luggage for the trip was on his side which saved him from hitting his head.

Gerald: You really think I would leave you that early, did you?  Not in a million years. The Lord knows the desires of my heart and He gave me another chance to live just for you, Kim. 

Kim: Hugged him and Gerald screamed with agonizing pain.  “Oh Gerald, I can’t live to think of losing you.” 

Gerald: I want to grow old with you, Kim. I have a purpose in life and that is to be with you and make you mine forever. I love you with all my well being. 

Kim: I do too, Gerald with all my heart.  I love you very much.