Chapter 1

"Noticed By You"

It was raining that day but the air was warm. “Oh wow, it is pouring, Kim thought”.  I love to get wet in the rain but did not get wet on that day for some reason unknown to even myself. “Stay focus, Kim pointed!” However, I remembered seeing him on that day. It was a memory I will never forget.

We did not know each other in a dramatic way like those seen in movies or romance novels but the way we met was special and unique in its own way. I was staring at how the droplets of water magically disappear upon hitting the floor and leaving the floor wet when I saw him. I closely watched him as we were waiting for the bus to arrive.  I was thinking “he wouldn’t notice me, I’m just an ordinary girl that has no sense for fashion, my appearance isn’t really that attractive, basically, I look like a nerd, Kim protested”.

Suddenly, “Excuse me, do you have the time?”  I was stunned and shocked.  “Ummm, it’s 7:15am”.  “Where is that bus, he said”. I didn’t say much just looked at him and he smiled.  A bit blushing and embarrassed, Kim didn’t smile back. 

Kim graduated with a degree in marketing with honors.  Today is her first day at work in one of the most prestigious firm in Manila.  Many people tried to apply in the Anderson and Associates firm but only the top candidates can get in.  Kim was so very fortunate to get in right after college. She interned for about 3 months until they decided to hire her as one of the marketing associates. 

As she was seated in the bus, she keeps staring at him. His hair was completely wet and jet black. It gave me the urge to pass my fingers through his hair. He was tall at five feet eleven and had broad shoulders that made him look very athletic. I had never been interested in guys that looked like him but something changed when I saw his face. He had a complexion that would attract you to him, an oval face with a thin roman nose and full cherry red lips. His eyebrows were thickly arched and dark, which contrasted with his pale skin. He had perfect almond shaped eyes that were marble brown and had specks of sparkling dust. They made my heart beat faster and cause my blood to rush through the veins and explode in the cheeks. He looked my way and turned away as though seeing nothing important or significant. “Wake up Kim, she thought to herself”.  “It will never happen”.

They got off at the same stop but he went the other way.  “Oh well, I guess I won’t be seeing him anymore”.  Kim never did meet The Andersons or even seen a picture of the son that supposedly will take over the firm next month.  She heard he’s young and very competitive.  His dad, Mr. Anderson will be retiring after 30 years in the business and it is now time to pass on the torch they say.  The employees never met or seen the son’s picture.  Mr. Anderson’s rule was no family will step in the office unless it is time for him to leave the firm.  She heard, Anderson junior is very smart, handsome and a player.

“A Player, she thought, I guess this won’t be easy since there are beautiful girls in the office, excluding her”. “No problem with me then”.