Chapter seven

One More Time. One More Chance.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The relief that flooded him was nearly palpable. “So, you are not really getting married?"

 

She laughed heartily, the laugh that he couldn't forget all these years. “No Siwon. What the heck, right? I just design wedding dresses but the designer herself is still single. You know how busy my schedule is, right? I don't even have enough time to post an ad on an online match service, or tell my friends to set me up on a blind date. I never mind go out on a date."

 

“To tell you honestly Sooyoung, you'd never need any help in that area. I'm sure there are army of guys that are still lining up outside your door. How can a pretty lady like you becomes single? Loveless?"

 

Her face reddened and she turned away. She couldn't look straight in his eyes. Is Siwon complimenting her? Is he still attracted to her? She didn't know what to do or how to react, she tried so hard not to smile or to giggle like a teenager who received a compliment and attention from her crush. Instead, she looks to her wine “No Siwon. Not anymore. I guess there are some guys who are intimidated on my presence. I don't know."

 

He wanted to press her for more. To ask her what was wrong with her. To know if she tried to entertain guys after their break up. But he knew it wasn't his place. Yes, it wasn't his place anymore. And he knew even more that he shouldn't care. For her. For her life.

She'd made it clear years ago that she didn't want him and he should be smart and steer clear of a second heartache.

 

The hubbub of Kyuhyun's restaurant and the loud music playing on the sound system provided a soft undertow of noise behind the two of them, but in this little alcove, it seemed as if the world only consisted of him and Choi Sooyoung. Hadn't it always though? Whenever they'd been alone together, that was all he'd ever seen. Heard. Felt.

 

“Why didn't you come back?" The question was out from his mouth before he could stop it, his overflowing curiosity overriding any kind of politeness barriers.

 

“You know it Siwon, there was nothing left for me after-----"

 

She didn't finish the sentence. She can't. She didn't have to. She didn' t want to. Because she knew that Siwon could fill the blank. She didn't want to remember the accident. The accident that had turned Sooyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter