Chapter six

One More Time. One More Chance.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, how did you end up in finance? You know, specializing mutual funds, investment and stuff," She asked, pausing for a little, while studying his reaction. Then she continued “I always thought you were going to run the agricultural business, just like your father. When I left Cheongpyeong, that's where you were. I remembered you really love working the land."

 

The words struck a note in Siwon. Harkening back to who he used to be. He never thought that Sooyoung would still remember the ‘old' Siwon. Three years ago, he’d never have imagined he’d be where he was today, never have even a single thought that he will leave Cheongpyeong.

“Actually, that was my original plan, but when my dad died, everything has changed. Our farm turned out to be in a lot of debt. I guess you could still remember how hard the agricultural industry is it those time right?” He asked, and then she nodded, listening to his every word. “All of a sudden, my family was in financial mess. As an eldest son, I should find a way to stretch that mess for our future. Then I found myself, continuing my studies. Getting a fast education about money and investments." He shrugged. “So I got back on the university and got a degree. Before I knew it, I already had a good job offer and a wonderful career." That's all he said, keeping to himself the mere fact that he also did that to win her back, as he was very determined back then to get her back to him.

 

“Wow! That’s great." She sat back against her chair clearly taken aback on how he became so successful. “I always thought that you were going to follow your father's footsteps. I never thought that you'll leave Cheongpyeong and work on the city and be successful man there."

 

”So did I. But things don't always work out the way you plan. Do they, Sooyoung?" He gestured towards her. ”Except for you, of course. Since the day I met you in kindergarten, you've always known what you wanted and you've already gone after it. You've been drawing pictures of dresses and fashions from the very first day you picked up a pencil and crayon. Your sketchpad was full of drawings of beautiful long gowns and nice suits. Bags and shoes. Now look at you. Very successful. Happy."

 

The last word ended on a slight question mark, but she either didn't hear the implied question or wish that she really didn't and chose to ignore it instead.

 

“Actually, I never really expected that things will work out well with my career. I owned a design studio in Seoul and it already has branches here in Tokyo, Taipei, Milan, and Beijing and even in Paris. I’m planning to open another branch in Chicago or even in New York. The design studio in Seoul was taken off phenomenally last year. It's really a big hit!" Sooyoung shook her head. “More than I expected. I just got back from London yesterday to meet a new client, and then I went here in Tokyo to have a meeting with one of my clients again. And now, here I am again hopping on a plane going back to Seoul again. After that, it'll be a trip to Shanghai for the final fitting with one of my Chinese clients."

 

“Oh, that's a very hectic schedule Sooyoung. Does the holiday still fit on your schedule? Any time or day to take a little break and relax?"

 

She let out a soft and very much sophisticated laugh, one that Siwon thought held a tint of bitterness. “There's no holidays or even day-offs for me. Ever since my career went out very well, I don't think the word ‘relaxation' is still in my vocabulary."

 

“That's not good Sooyoung."

 

“Says the man who is also in the airport and waiting for his plane to go back to Seoul to have a business meeting. Let's face it Siwon, we are both very busy right n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter