Chapter 6

Drunken Love

* Jonghyun’s POV *

 

“Do you want to drink?”

 

“Ne-Ne?”

 

“Well, you seem a bit anxious and one way to loosen up was to drink a bit of alcohol. That’s what my cousin told me on the day of his wedding.”

 

“Re-really?”

 

“I have another idea if you don’t want to drink.” I smiled. Lee Jonghyun, you’re gonna get smacked for what you’re about to do.

 

“And that is?”

 

I grabbed her arms and made her sit up straight. I gradually moved closer slowly while looking at her eyes. I then looked at her lips, those red lips. I wondered how they would taste like. Would it feel soft? Would it taste like heaven? I could hear my heart thumping on my ears, one inch away from those lips.

 

“Ar-arasseo I’ll drink!!” She shouted and pushed me away palming her cheeks.

 

I smirked. “But I thought you don’t want to drink?” Teasing her is becoming a hobby.

 

“I-I didn’t say I don’t want to drink.”

 

“Arasseo, I’ll get the drinks,” I said.

 

“I’ll have to thank Woobin hyung later, his advice works,” I whispered.

 

“Ne? Woobin-ssi?”

 

“Ani,” I said. I stood up and walked to the kitchen while Woobin’s voice echoed in my head.

 

* Flashback *

 

It was in the set of AGD and it was raining. I grabbed the guitar and started playing and singing when I felt a slap on my back.

 

“Jonghyun! Daebak! How can you be perfect?” Woobin hyung said.

 

“Ani hyung. I’m not perfect,” I quickly denied.

 

“Eii. You’re handsome, skilled with a guitar, have a great voice, how can you not have a girlfriend?” he accused me.

 

“Ahh hyung it’s just that I’m not ready to have a girlfriend with my schedu-“

 

“Ani that’s not a reason not to have one. What’s the real reason?” He could really see through me.

 

“It’s just that hyung, I get tongue-tied to a girl I fancy when she talks,” I murmured.

 

“Eii, if you want to shut her up do this,” he quickly put his face near me. “Yah hyung what are you doing?!” I stood up and looked at him menacingly.

 

He laughed and said, “Girls are always talkative and one way for them to shut up is to invade their space and show your manliness. This is also one way to know how the girl thinks about you. A girl head over heels on you would just kiss you immediately. A girl who considers you as a friend would laugh about it. A girl who hates you would smack you in the head right away. A shy girl would look away and blush madly while shouting to you to overcome their embarrassment. If you find a girl like that, she has fallen for you already.”

 

* End of Flashback *

 

So if Woobin hyung is right, does this mean Yongie already likes me? Aniya, it’s still too early to say.

 

I grabbed two wine glasses and 3 bottles of wine and some snacks. I carefully balance the items on my arms as I walked carefully to the coffee table. Yongie stood up and helped me with the luggage.

 

“I couldn’t find soju, just wine. Are you okay with that?” I asked.

 

“Ofcourse we don’t have soju. One time Sooyoung unnie managed to sneak in 2 bottles of soju in our dorm. We got drunk and our manager found out. He got mad and the matter was brought to LSM. Thankfully, LSM just laughed about it and told us not to do it again.”

 

“Why did your manager got mad? There’s nothing wrong with getting drunk,” I said.

 

“Ofcourse there isn’t but what we did when we got drunk was the problem,” She started giggling as I started pouring the wine into the glasses and hand her one.

 

She continued, “We had a food fight and a pillow fight.” I laughed at her. “Aren’t you guys too young to fight like that?”

 

“Well we were drunk,” she drank the whole glass and I refilled her glass. “Come here.” She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the TV hanging on the wall. “See this stain?” There was a brown smudge beside the TV, “Yeah what about it?”

 

“Sica unnie got hit by ice cream thrown by Yuri unnie. Sica threw the barbecued chicken she was holding to Yuri unnie but she missed and made this smudge. Come here.”

 

She dragged me to the sofa and told me to lift it up. I did after some grunts and she laughed, “Jongie is strong! Anyways you see this stain on the carpet? Taeyeon unnie dodged a spaghetti sauce that Tiffany unnie wanted to pour over her head.” We laughed. “Over here you see this yellow v shaped stain on the back of the sofa? I threw that pizza there, I intended to hit Seohyun who was laughing at us but I missed like a meter from where she stood.”

 

She dragged us back to the coffee table and sat down, “With all the mess we made, I don’t know who introduced the pillows but feathers were flying everywhere! It was like a snow globe but it was feathers.” She finished her glass again and I refilled it for her. I don’t know if she has noticed but she’s still holding my hand. I put our hands on the table and waited for her to realize it. She didn’t. Instead she downed the glass again and asked for more, “Jongie give me some more!” with aegyo. Oh my God. Who can refuse those puppy eyes? I refilled it again.

 

“Jongie what’s your ideal type on a woman?” She asked out of the blue.

 

“Mwo? Where did that come from?” I asked.

 

“Just because,” She looked away. Could it be that she’s comparing herself to my ideal type?

 

“Hmm, she has to be shorter than me.” I smiled at her reaction. She looked at me and smiled. I guess she realized she’s smaller than me.

 

“She has to be pretty,” She frowned. Did she think she’s not pretty?

 

“She has to know how to sing,” Her frown deepens. She downed her glass again as to which I refilled automatically. “And dance.” She smiled. Her smile. I have to make her smile.

 

“Anything else Jongie?” She asked slurry. Uh-oh, she’s getting tipsy.

 

“Ahh I don’t know-“

 

“How about body proportions?”

 

“Mwo?!”

 

“You know size and all that.” She then cupped her . My eyes widen and I got shocked. “Yah what kind of question is that!”

 

“Isn’t that what every guy looks at? Big arsenals?” She giggles. What the hell? Who calls arsenals?

 

“Yah Yongie I’m not those kinds of people. I look at their personality.”

 

“Kojinmal. It’s because I have small ones. That’s why you’re lying.” She pouted and finished her drink.

 

“Yongie I think you’re drunk-“

 

“Nope, nope. I am not drunk Jongie!” She giggled.

 

“Let’s stop drinkin-“

 

“Eii what’s this? You haven’t drunk yours! Drink up! Cheers!” She grabbed mine and forced me to drink. After I finished my drink, Yongie grabbed the bottle and poured it on my glass carelessly that some poured on the table. She made me drink it again and I grudgingly did. This went on for a while and I didn’t notice that we finished the 3 bottles already.

 

“Jongie get more bottles please?”

 

“I shouldn’t. I think you’re drunk.”

 

“Pretty please?” Aish I can’t win against this woman with those abnormally gorgeous eyes.

 

“Fine, fine.” I stood up and I wobbled a bit but I can manage. I grabbed the 3 bottles and threw them in the trash can and brought back 3 more bottles.

 

“Happy?”

 

“Very happy! Jongie is the best!” She grabbed my head and kissed my cheeks. She then opened a bottle and poured for her and me. I touched the spot where she kissed me, it made me smile. She just kissed me…

 

“Come to think of it Jongie, you never did answer my question.” She said. I looked at her and she’s serious. No smile. It made me nervous.

 

“What was your question again?”

 

“That you were lying about not liking women with bigger arsenals,” She said with a straight face. So it was about that. She still does think of herself inferior to my ideal woman when come to think of it, she is my ideal woman- Woah, do I already like her that much? Have I fallen for her-

 

“I guess you do like those kinds of girls,” she said. She stood up, grabbed a wine bottle and made her way to her room. I saw tears were about to fall down.

 

I panicked. I stood up and ran after her. I grabbed her hand and turn her to face me. I grabbed the wine bottle and drank a huge portion of the wine.

 

I gasped for air and I looked at her. She was shocked with what I did. Well I too would be shocked if someone just drank more than half a bottle of wine in your face. I dragged her back to the sofa and sat her down there. I knelt in front of her and looked adoringly on her gorgeous eyes. The wine has worked to my brain and I’m tipsy already. My mind is in a swirl and I just go with the flow.

 

“Im Yoona, why belittle yourself when you’re a God-given angel?”

 

“Wha-what are yo-you trying to-to say Jo-Jongie?” She stammered.

 

“Aigoo kyeopta.” I pinched her cheeks lightly. “What I’m trying to say is, hick, excuse me.” I covered my mouth as I hiccupped. “As I was saying,” I giggled. I have to stop laughing my off. “Yongie, you’re already beautiful. Why compare it to nonexistent ideal girl of mine?”

 

“It’s because …” She murmured.

 

“Because what Yongie?”

 

“Because I want to be that girl Jongie,” she said to me.

 

That brought a smile to my lips. I brought my palm to her face and leaned near to her face. I looked at her eyes. Her glowing eyes did not display any hesitation or anger but wonder and care. Her beautiful face was so near that I could count her eyelashes if I wanted to- What the heck brain? Counting eyelashes really? Man I’m drunk. As I was saying, “You’re already that girl Yongie.”

 

I kissed her.

 


Author's Note:

 

Hi guys! Next chapter is the last one ^^ I wanted to start writing my next FF Broken into Pieces. Cheers!