Chapter 5

Drunken Love

- Yoona's POV -

 

I put my hand on my heart; I could feel it pounding on my ears. I thought that he will take my first real kiss. Not a scripted one but a real one. When he let me go, I felt emptiness filled me, and all I could do was look at him. And I kept thinking, if it were a different situation, will he still kiss me or will he do the same reaction, leaving me. And should I feel relieved that he didn't kiss me or should I be sad about it? And I know that I was expecting that kiss. I wanted to feel his lips against mine. It made me sounded like a ert but I know that -  Im Yoona. You’re falling for him, hard…

 

A hand waving in front of me brought me back to reality. "Yongie?" he asked.

 

"Ne-ne?"

 

"Gwenchana?"

 

"I-I'm fine."

 

I quietly continued cooking with him back in his position just making a soothing musical piece with no lyrics. He let the guitar sing for itself and I revelled on the way he was really gifted with a guitar. I sometimes would take a quick look at him, amazed of his guitar skills. He was focused on his guitar that sometimes I could just oggle at him without the fear of being caught. I could really understand why Yong seobang and the guys call his guitar his girlfriend. Could I also be yours- ani yoona. Why are you jealous at a guitar? Eish jinjja.

 

I continued cooking and a minute later he started playing a song I haven’t heard before. It was smooth and really soothing.

 

“Jongie can I ask you a question?”

 

“Sure, what’s on my Yongie’s mind?” My? Did he say My Yongie? I wasn’t hallucinating right? Oh my God. I’m losing my mind! Jongie what are you doing to me-

 

“Im Yoona, are you there?”

 

“Oh, ne I’m here.”

 

“What were you going to ask me before you started blanking out?”

 

“Ahh oh yeah. What were you playing a while ago?”

 

“This?” He then gave a sample, it really was soothing to the mind. “I just thought about this song right now. It doesn’t have any lyrics yet but I got the rhythm already.” He smiled.

 

“Jinjja? Do songs just appear out of nowhere for you Jongie? You must be a genius, Jongie!”

 

“Ani Yongie. All of my compositions came from some inspiration,” he chuckled at my statement.

 

“Cheongmal? So what’s your inspiration for this one?” I turned around and continued cooking.

 

“You.”

 

I froze. I really did stop breathing. Me?

 

“M-me?” I managed to word it out. His answer shook my body and heat went through me. I mean what’s so good about me that I deserve a song written about me.

 

“Ne you. I got the inspiration from you cooking for me. I really do understand how Yonghwa Hyung and Aboeji felt when their wives were cooking for them. It really is a homey feeling and I kinda like it. I imagined me coming home after a day full of work to see my wife welcoming me and cooking for me. It really is a welcoming sight.”

 

I quickly turned around to hide my blushing face. Omona, my heart is beating loudly. Does he consider me as his wife? Or is he just imagining things and for his new song? Aish Jongie. Will you just be frank to m-

 

“It kinda makes me want to do this.”

 

I was surprised when he said that. I was curious on what he said he wanted to do and as I was turning around, I felt broad and firm hands around my waist and a head leaning on my shoulder. I froze again. I was shocked on what he did, but not the bad kind of shock but a warm feeling kind of shock.

 

I didn’t freeze this time. I turned off the fire from the stove and although the rice was slightly burnt, the stew looked fine and edible. I lightly place my hands on his hands and we stayed in that position for a while in a comfortable silence. It gave me time to think. I knew I was blushing and I know that I really felt happy at that moment. I wish I could capture this in time and it gave me an idea. I took out my phone and took a selca.

 

“Jongie, look at the camera. Hana Dul Set.”

 

We both look at the selca and I smiled. My first selca with Jongie. It made me happy. At least I have a souvenir of our first hu-

 

“Send me that photo later Yongie.”

 

“Arasseo. Wait I don’t even know your number.”

 

“Oh here.” He grabbed my phone and save his number. Omona, can’t this day get any better. I got a hug and his number. Will I get a kiss- ani YOONA! DON’T BE A ERT!

 

“Le-let’s eat? I’m done cooking.” I stuttered. Well the rice is a bit burnt. I’ll just remove the burnt part.

 

Jongie set the table while I managed to remove the burnt part in the rice. Thank God that it was just a small amount. I served the dishes and we sat down on the dining table. This time I joined him in saying “Itadakimasu!” which we both laughed at. I waited for him to take the first bite and I couldn’t deny that I was nervous. Will he like my cooking? Is it too bland? Is it too salty? Is it too burnt? aish I should’ve tasted it first.

 

“Waa Yongie! Daebak! This is delicious.” He exclaimed and took more servings. I smiled. I worried for nothing.

 

“Jinjja?”

 

“Except for the rice, it’s a bit burnt- Yah!” I pinched him. I heard the teasing underneath that gorgeous voice.

 

“And whose fault was that. Who told you to distract me with your amazing voice?”

 

“I have an amazing voice?”

 

“YES! You and you’re amazing voice is out of this world. It was your fault that you’re drop dead gorgeous and with that soothing voice of your just make it perfect. You would retire my small heart! Aish Jongie why-“  Omo. Did I just say all of that? I was just thinking that.. Omo! Omo! Omo!

 

“Miane Yongie, I didn’t meant to distract you while cooking with my ‘drop dead gorgeous’ face and my ‘soothing’ voice,” he was teasing me again.

 

“Yah!” I slapped his arm so hard but all he did was laugh at  how I was probably blushing at the moment.

 

I fanned my face hoping that the blushing fades away but he said, “Kyeopta.” And he pinched my cheek. Boom. Game Over. I blush a deeper hue and shouted, “Yah Lee Jonghyun! Stop teasing me!”

 

“Who said I was teasing? You’re really cute.” He said while showing his dimple smile. I swear you could hear my heart deflating. It has officially retired.

 

“Ju-just eat jo-jongie.” I said.

 

The rest of dinner was spent on eating, well he ate a lot while I ate a little because I was distracted by this person who was inhaling everything I cooked like there was no tomorrow. It made me happy and I smiled at him. He probably didn’t see me smile at me as he was really focused on eating. When he finished his serving he was just a second away from getting the ladle and getting more. It made me really proud that I made him a lot as I heard that my CNBlue brother-in-laws only ate ramyeon or whatever easy to cook meals at home. They didn’t have a proper nutrition often; except when Hyunnie cooks for them.

 

After a while, he put his chopsticks down and said, “Whoo! That was one of the best meal I’ve had.”

 

“I could see that. You ate everything. There aren’t even leftovers.” I smiled at him.

 

“Well what can I say, you’re a good cook! Thank you for the meal Yongie!”

 

“You’re welcome Jongie! Just go to the living room while I clean this up.”

 

“Ani. Let me help you. It’s the least I could do for letting me eat your delicious food. I’ll wash you rinse.”

 

“Arasseo.”

 

What I didn’t know was washing was more like playing to him. He kept putting soap on my face and giggling like a little kid. He was annoying in a good way. He brought up the little kid in me and I was fighting with him in putting soap on each other’s face. Both of us laughed hysterically at our faces full of soap. He laughed more because I looked like I had a white beard hanging over my lips and I grabbed a fist-full of bubbles at rubbed it on his chin as a form of retaliation. Now I laughed at him because he looked like Santa Claus. He laughed at my statement and formed a huge bubble with his hand and blew it above our heads. It was simple but I was mesmerized at how he knows how to make that.

 

“Well when I was a kid, my father used to do that just to distract me from my wounds.”

 

I pushed him to teach me and after a few failures I finally made a petite bubble which floated for a second and landed on his nose. I giggled and he just smiled. I couldn’t say that we weren’t childish but I had a lot of fun. The kitchen was a mess with all the soap we played a while ago but I didn’t care. I had fun with Jongie.

 

After 30 minutes, we finally finished cleaning up and we went back to the living room and watched TV. He put his arm around my shoulder once again and I leaned into his body automatically. We look like a couple! Only we’re not…

 

“It’s 9pm. Aren’t your sisters coming home?”

 

“I don’t know. Usually at this hour, they would be lounging around our dorm.”

 

“Hmm where could they be?” He took out his phone and called someone. “Hmm Yonghwa Hyung is not picking up.”

 

“Really?” I took out my phone and dialed Hyunnie’s number. After a few ringing, there was no answer. I also called the other members and the outcome was the same: no answer. Their phones were open but they’re not answering.

 

“Weird. They’re not answering their phones.”

 

“Kure. Let’s just for a bit. They might be on their way already.” And after a while, they’re still not here. I was getting nervous.

 

“You don’t think something happened bad to them right?”

 

“That couldn’t be. If something bad happened, it would be in the news already. You guys are SNSD. What ever happened to you guys will be in the news.”

 

“Ne you’re right but-“

 

“Shh. Calm down. They’ll be fine.” He smiled at me. He really does know how to make me calm.

 

“So what do you want to do while we wait?”

 

“Do you want to drink?”

 

"Ne-Ne?!"