Chapter 3

Drunken Love

- Back to SNSD Dorm, Jonghyun's POV -

 

"Yoongie, so what do you want to do?"

 

"Umm I don't know. How about you?"

 

I looked at the clock and it's almost 12. "How about lunch?"

 

Her eyes lit up at the sound of lunch. "Okay! Jongie let's eat here? Ill cook."

 

"Hmm you can cook? I don't want to have stomach problems you know." I . It’s becoming more comfortable with her.

 

"Yah Jonghyun! Of course I can cook." She yelled and hit my head.

 

"Ouch! Omo, Yongie is violent." I chuckled.

 

She blushed and said, “Miane Jongie. I didn't mean to hit you." She's cute when she's embarrassed.

 

I pinched her lightly on her cheek and said, " Aigoo, I was just kidding. Kaja, I'll help you cook."

 

I walked to their kitchen and I noticed I was alone. I backtracked to the living room and found Yongie standing very still with a very red face.

 

"Yongie-ya, gwenchana?" I asked concern filled me.

 

"N-ne?"

 

"Gwenchana? Do you want to lie down first? I can cook alone."

 

"Ne? Andwae. You're a guest, I should be cooking for you."

 

"I’ll be fine. Maybe next time you can cook for me when I visit you next time."

 

"Ku-kure. Ara-arasseo. I'll just watch TV then. Just ask me for help if you need to." Was it possible that her face blushed more?

 

I started going to their Kitchen and started planning the menu when I remembered something. I turned around and saw something that made me laugh. Yongie was hitting herself while mumbling something. She noticed that I was laughing and asked, "Wae Jongie? What's so funny?"

 

"Ani, just wanted to ask if you want to eat something."

 

"Hmm something Italian would be good." She smiled at me. That smile...

 

"Arasseo, wait for me okay." I smiled back.

 

"Ne!"

 

I walked to the kitchen and ransacking my brain for any Italian food that I know. An idea popped up and I took out my phone and researched about the recipe and any side dish good to go along with it. After that was done, I rolled up my sleeves and started to work.

 

- Yoona's POV -

 

OMO!! Jongie is cooking for me!! It’s like we're married already! Cham Yoona!! Stop thinking like that. You don't know what his feelings are. But he said he'll visit me next time! Arrrrgghhh!!

 

Such thoughts run through my mind while waiting for Jongie to finish cooking. As I sat in our sofa with my feet under me, I have a debate whether Jongie like me as a friend or something more. While the debate ran through my head, curiosity got the better of me about what Jongie was cooking. As I walked to our kitchen, the door was locked and that gave me a shock.

 

"Jongie why did you lock the door?"

 

"Oh I wanted it to be a surprise." The answer came from the other side of the door.

 

"Ne?! Jongie I don't want to die yet!"

 

"Yah I won't let you die. Trust me, you'll like it. Ani, you'll love it!" I already do pabo...

 

"Arasseo. I'll look forward for it." I went back to the couch and hugged my legs with my chin on my knees. My heart skipped a beat there for a second. Jongie, you're going to be responsible for the heart attack that's on the way..

 

- 30 minutes later -

 

A sweet aroma filled the air with a cheese taste. My stomach has begun rumbling since 20 minutes before when the smell has filled the whole dorm. Frankly I haven't eaten the whole day and I couldn't wait to eat already. The TV that I have been watching blankly showed the news at Gangnam Street when I heard Jongie whispered to my ear, "Yongie I'm finished cooking."

 

I jumped and almost fell of the couch but two strong arms grabbed around my waist and hold my back, keeping me safe from falling. Well, it was technically called a hug. Dugun Dugun.

 

"I didn't know Yongie was jumpy." Jongie said with a chuckle.

 

"Jongie don't do that. I almost had a heart attack."

 

"Miane but you were spacing out." I don't know if he noticed but he's still hugging me real close. I could smell his perfume and it was giving a strong scent that filled my nose making me dizzy. And I love that feeling

 

"Um-um Jongie, let's eat?" I mumbled against his chest. His toned chest. Omo, I can feel his body. I bet he has a tone body. Yah Im Yoona! You sound like a ert. But.. I could imagine his abs..

 

"Wait a minute." He let go of me to my dismay and covered my eyes. "Let me guide you."

 

"Is this really necessary Jongie?"

 

"Well I wanted to surprise you."

 

He guided me to the dining table slowly and said, "Ready? Tada!" And he removed his hands from eyes. Our dining table was long since it has to fit 9 ladies. On one of the corners, two plated have been set with flowers set in the middle. Forks and knives were set beside the plate and a wine glass on the other side. On top of the plate was a huge piece of lasagna that made my stomach grumbled quite audibly which made me blush and made Jongie laugh. Accompanying the lasagna was a bottle of red wine and pudding and ice cream for dessert.

 

"Wah Jongie how did you prepare this romantic lunch?"

 

"Well actually I was surprised you had a lot of bottles of wine in your pantry. I didn't know SNSD liked drinking a lot."

 

"Yah we don't. It’s just that our fans send it to us loads of them. But I didn't know you could cook lasagna."

 

"Hmm, I don't. This is an experiment." He flashed me a smile.

 

"Yah! I told you I don't want to die yet." I slapped his arm which was surprisingly sturdy.

 

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you if something happen. I did promise Hyungsoonim to take care of you."

 

"Ah kure." He's only taking care of because of his promise to Hyunnie. Told you he didn't like me-

 

"Let's eat." He smiled at me again and grabbed my hand. He led me to the dining table and pulled the chair for me and sat himself on my right. He put his hands in a prayer-like manner and said, "Itadakimasu!" Which made me laugh.

 

"I want to try that." I mimicked his movements and said, "Itadakimasu!"

 

The lasagna in front of me looked delicious and the first bite didn't disappoint. "Wow Jongie. This is delicious!"

 

"Thank you. This is really the first time I made this."

 

"Eyy kojinmal. Jongie you cook like a chef!"

 

"Jinja, this is the first time. I'm thankful it went alright."

 

After that the lunch was full of light conversation. I was too focused on the lasagna that seemed to melt in my mouth. Every bite was a taste of cheesy heaven.

 

During the course of the lunch, my phone rang.

 

"Oh excuse me, I have to answer this." I went to the living room and I can feel his eyes behind my back. "Ne oppa?"

 

Yoona-ya, I'm calling about your schedule tomorrow morning.

 

"Ah ne oppa what about it?"

 

I managed to push your schedule to the day after so you're basically free again tomorrow. I know you girls have worked so hard the past couple weeks and needed a break.

 

"Jinja? Waa oppa thank you so much!"

 

Arasseo. Yoona, are you by any chance at the dorm.

 

"Ne oppa, waeyo?"

 

Ani, it’s just that the other girls told me explicitly not to enter the dorm and to prohibit people going to your dorm.

 

"Ne-ne? Ah tha-that's because I wanted to rest. Pro-probably they want me to be left alone." Unnie deul said that?! Argh hyunnie!!!

 

Ah kure? Arasseo, I won't let anyone go to your dorm today. Take lots of rest.

 

"Ne oppa."

 

- Jonghyun's POV -

 

I heard the phone call, well only Yongie's voice. For some reason I feel irritated. Who is Yongie's oppa that made her embarrassed and she really sound close to her "oppa". Jonghyun! Stop overthinking stuff.

 

"Jongie?"

 

"Ne-ne?"

 

"You're blanking out."

 

"Ah mianhe, let's continue eating."

 

The environment was somewhat awkward, silence filled the air. Partly it was my fault, I debated with myself whether to ask or not. The curiosity won and I carefully ask, "um yongie-ya?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Um, who called you? Was it one of your unnie?"

 

"Oh ah ani, it was my manager. He told me that my schedule tomorrow morning was cancelled and I have tomorrow free again." She smiled at me again. That smile again.. I smiled back, my mood reflecting my smile.

 

"Yongie-ya, what do you want to do after lunch?"

 

"How about a movie?"

 

"Okay, I'll clean this up and make popcorn. Choose a movie for us." I smiled at her.

 

"How about titanic?"

 

"Really yongie? Titanic?" I laughed at that. Well truth be told I did mind but what can I do? She seemed to want to watch it. "Arasseo. I'll be back in a bit."

 

5 minutes later I returned with the popcorn and drinks. I saw yongie on the couch with a comforter by her side. She lightly tap the space beside her indicating where I should sit. I complied to her request and sat by her side, putting quite a gap between us. She grabbed the popcorn and drink from my hand and place them on the coffee table. She then grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to her such that our legs are lightly touching and threw the comforter around us. "Miane Jongie, there's only one comforter available," she said with a red face.

 

"Gwenchana," I replied.

 

We started the movie and I found myself drifting off from the movie, looking around the room. SNSD's living room was plain and neat. Nothing that really stood out but what caught my attention was the girl- ani, Lady sitting beside me. She was distracted from the movie, I could notice her distress just how she fidgets her leg under the comforter and how she plays around with her hands. Hmm, wonder what's the problem. She then noticed I was looking at her and quickly look away and grabbed the popcorn from the coffee table. Ahh I must be making her nervous. Just to make her comfortable, I lightly move my leg so that there was no physical contact between us. Then her face frowned which made me confused. Okaay... What happened.

 

Her face still didn't change after a few minutes. Is it the popcorn? Is it too salty? I reached into the bowl and apparently she also had the same idea. We lightly bump our hands and from that slight contact, I felt her hand was cold. She quickly retracted her hand from the bowl but I grabbed her hand. Her hand wasn't just cold but it was ice cold. Then I touched her arm, it too was freezing. Maybe it was the room temperature, it was still January, she must be freezing. Maybe that was why she was frowning.

 

"Wa Yongie, you're freezing!" Alarm filled my voice.

 

"Gwenchana, jongie."  Aish molla. I got to make her warm or she'll get sick.

 

I scooted over so close to her that our sides are touching and I wrapped my arm around her and started rubbing her arm lightly and held the other hand. So basically I was hugging her while holding her hand. "Is this okay yongie? Do you feel warm now?"

 

"N-ne jongie."

 

Soon enough her body temperature went warm enough that I stopped rubbing her arm and just laid my arm over her shoulder and I released her hand. But before I could let her hand go, she gripped it tightly. I looked at her questioningly and she just shook her head while smiling at me. Dugun dugun... Stop it. I looked at the screen and it was at the part where Jack was drawing Rose, . I was shocked and I didn't expect that there was a scene like that in the movie.

 

"Yah jongie, close your mouth. You're drooling at the comforter." Did I hear venom in her voice?

 

"I'm just shocked that there was something like this in the movie."

 

"Right. You're just staring at her body right?"

 

"Neh? Aniya."

 

"Then why are you drooling?"

 

"Me? Drooling? No I'm not."

 

She then released my hand and crossed her arms. She must be angry but why? To giver space I removed my arm over her shoulder. She then frowned again. Bwoya? What's going on in her mind? She might be bipolar or what? Aish cham. Why is she mad at the first place.

 

I grabbed her hand and held it with hands. "Miane yongie."

 

"Aniya, you didn't do anything wrong."

 

"Then why are you angry?"

 

"Ani-ani. I'm not angry."

 

"Arasseo."

 

I then resumed my previous position with my arm on her shoulder while holding her hand. I can't help but feel happy holding her. Yah Jonghyun! Do you like her!

 

I just looked at the screen again and it was at the part where Jack and Rose were in the car doing their thing. I looked away and just look at Yongie. Aish why does the movie have a lot of these scenes.

 

She noticed that I was looking at her and she beamed. She really is a bipolar or what. She looked at the TV and she was smiling brightly. That smile again. Her smile was addictive and started smiling myself.

 

After a while, both of us were watching the movie intently. Whenever there was a loud sound she gripped my hand tightly and I would automatically hug her tightly for assurance. Then it came to the point of where Jack and Rose were united and she said, "you jump I jump right?" Yongie started crying at that part, with a smile. I just rubbed for arm as I watched the movie. After a while, the scene was at the point where jack died and Yongie was crying non-stop. I automatically wiped her tears with my hanky.

 

"Gwenchana?"

 

"Why did it end that way though. No happy ever after for them. Why bother loving each other if they didn't make it at the end?"

 

"It's not about the end but the journey Yongie. Just because you know you'll not make it doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try right?"

 

"I guess but jongie, what would you do if you had that kind of relationship?"

 

"Me? I'll give her my all, enjoy till it last. You never know that she might be the one I'm going to marry someday."