Goodbye

It's Just a Dream
I glanced longways at him but he was staring at the sunset instead, frowning. The last rays of sunlight caught on his face, making it disappear momentarily. I blinked twice and he was still there. It must’ve been my imagination.
Humans? I chuckled a bit, but covered my mouth, not knowing if it was offensive or not. You act as if you aren’t one. His expression turned hard and darkened and I immediately stopped my laughter. Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you or anything. After I said that, he looked more relaxed.
No, no. I was just saying something silly. It’s nothing to worry about. 
We turned the corner and there was my house. It wasn’t large, just the average size with not much acreage but my family manages it very well.
Well, this is my house. Where’s yours?
Not too far from here.
Really? And I thought I knew everyone! I guess not. He responded with a curt nod and waited for me to turn around and go into my house. Hey, would you like to come in? I know I have homework and all. But it’s not very much and-
No, I’m sorry. I can’t. My cheerful expression dropped.
Oh… Yeah, sorry, I… Yeah. I really wanted him to stay though. I wanted to show him the array of books on my shelf and have my mom make him some of her amazing cooking. Instead, I just smiled sadly and turned into my house. 
Hey, Xiao Luhan, I turned around, hopeful that he would change his mind.
Yes?
Can I ask you a favor?
Anything. I’ll be happy to do it. He bit his lip and shook his head.
Nevermind. It’s not important. Sleep well and take care of yourself. 
Y-yeah. Bye Oh Sehun. I’ll see you tomorrow?
Yes, of course. With that, he put his hands in his pockets and strode off. I watched him until he was at the intersection. I swear I saw him disappear in thin air but I guess I was just tired from a long day at school. I thought nothing of it and went back into my house, a smile plastered on my face.
 
What are you grinning about? My mom asked as she cooked dinner.
I met this boy named Oh Sehun. He’s very nice and handsome too. Just like that, a pained expression crossed my mom’s face. I shrugged it off, like I had done with most everything that day. 
 
That night, I lay in bed, tossing and turning in my bed. Somehow, I just couldn't go to sleep. I heard a faint,
BEEP
BEEP
BEEP
of a heart monitor, as if I were in a hospital. I heard someone crying along with the quiet hum of an air conditioner. 
This continued for a few more minutes until I fell asleep, grateful to get those noises out of my head.
 
A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Chapter 4 will be updated soon! I promise! It's so hard to update from my tablet! It doesn't copy indentations. Grrrr.