Seeing You Again

It's Just a Dream

The name had sounded familiar but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t place a finger on it, like the memory flew away long before it was needed. I held my hand out, offering to make a mutual friendship. Just as I was about to touch his milky white hands, he quickly shoved them into his pockets.

Sorry, did I make you feel uncomfortable?

No, I’m sorry if I worried you.

Good. I didn’t know if... You know…

Yes I do. Say, may I meet you later after school?

That would be nice, yes.

Now, close your eyes and count to three, then you may open them. It was an odd request but I closed them anyway.

One…

Two…

Three. I opened my eyes and he was gone. Not another word, no sound, or warning. Just there one second, gone the next.

 

    Throughout the day, I was restless. Constantly checking the time and shaking my leg impatiently as I worked. Even the teacher told me to calm down, confused about why it looked like I was in a hurry.

    When the bell finally rang, indicating the end of the school day, I immediately rushed to my locker and shoved text books and all into my backpack without caring if it was neat or not. With it slung it over my shoulder, I made my way through the mass of students either texting, talking, or kissing. But I didn’t really care about any of them. My mission was to get to the front gates without being trampled. Come to think of it, he never told me where to meet. I just assumed that it was the front gates, knowing that many meet there when school lets out.

    As I came closer to the gates, there he was, in his usual attire of white clothes, leaning against the stone pillar. It surprised me that none of the female students, especially, had noticed him or even glanced at him. It was hard to miss someone that was such a contrast to our brown uniforms. He turned and looked at me, a smile playing across his small lips. Once I reached him, he smoothly pushed himself off of the pillar and walked towards me.

    Hello, Xiao Luhan. He had a smile that could kill one’s heart, it was so perfect.

    Hello, Oh Sehun. Where you waiting long? The students around me looked at me oddly. I had no idea why but eventually they moved on.

    No, not at all. I had just gotten here. I sighed in relief. I didn’t want somebody waiting for me just because I was slow.

    Ah, good.

    Let’s walk? He motioned for me to go first.

    Yes, of course.

    We walked in silence for a little while, not knowing what to say to each other. But not for very long.

    Why were you in the window? It was on the fifth floor.

    That’s…  He paused, like he was trying to find an excuse. I was… Observing.

    Observing what, exactly?

    Humans.

A/N: I swear it was so much longer on Google Docs. I'm sorry for such a short update.