Kidnapping and dead people

The beat to my rhythm

Angel turned and squirmed around in the bed a few times as the sound of rain hitting the window woke her. She sat up, eyes closed as she started to rub them.

“Stupid rain...now I have to go empty more buckets before the house floods again….” She mumbled to herself. She jumped out of the bed and walked toward where her door would normally be, only to run into a wall.

“OW! What the…” She started finally opening her eyes. Looking around the room she found two large beds in one of which she assumed she had slept in. Turning around she saw a small window, a wall closet, a few dressers and clothes everywhere. She cringed at the sight of the messy room.

“Whoever’s room this is….it needs to be cleaned. Bad.” She mumbled. As she looked at the bed she saw two familiar looking bags. They were hers. A teddy bear sat on top of one. She moved it out of the way and searched through the bags.

“Someone’s been at my house...and brought everything here….Where am I?” She questioned wide eyed. Closing her bags she grabbed the bear and made her way to the door, leading out of the room. as she peeked her head out of the door, she looked down the hall and saw someone she never expected. B-Joo and Seogoong. Panicking she slowly closed the door back and grabbed her bags.

“Nope. Nu-uh. Am so not staying here. I have no clue how I got here and I don’t care anymore but I am not staying here.” She snuck out of the room and her eyes widened as she found more of the guys sitting in the living room.

“Oh come on! Do they all live here or something?!’ She whispered to herself.

“As a matter of fact, yes we do” A voice whispered back. She jumped as she heard someone behind her and fell to the floor. The boy smiled as he reached down for the girl, helping her back up.

“Gohn! You scared me! Wait...all of you...ALL of you live here??” She questioned him. He looked down at her and nodded.

“Yes. ALL of us live here.”

“And where do you think you’re going?’” Another voice questioned from behind her. She jumped again, spinning around to find another one of the boys.

“Okay, you HAVE GOT to stop doing that!! Being scared every five minutes is bad for my heart!” She pointed out making all the guys laugh.

‘Yeah...I guess it is sorta funny...’ Angel thought to herself as she looked at the grinning bunch.

“Me? I’m going home. I really appreciate you guys letting me stay here for the night but-”

“Nope” Hansol stated plainly as he took her bags and brought them back to his room. As he walked out, he locked the door and put the key in his pocket.

“You’re not going back there. I won’t let you. I refuse.”

Angel tilted her head at him.

“Are you kidnapping me?” She questioned, eyeing the boy as he made his way back to her.

“I will if I have too. I am not letting you go back there. You’re sick and that house will only make it worse.”

She chuckled at the boy in front of her.

‘Yeah sure. My house will make it worse. If you only knew how stupid that sounded.’

“So what you’re saying is, you kidnapped me from the doctors office and now you’re ‘trying’ to hold me hostage?” He nodded. Angel shook her head at him.

“You, all of you are funny. Well, Thanks again. You can keep my stuff if you want. I don’t need it. See you guys later!” She exclaimed as she waved at the guys and walked to the front door.

“Bye!” Yano waved. Hansol panicked as he quickly ran in front of her and plopped down in front of the door blocking the only way out. Angel furrowed her eyebrows.

“What is your problem? Why are you so bound on keeping me here? I have a life too ya know? Plus, I’ve got somewhere important to be right now.”

“It’s raining. What could be so important for you to leave here in the rain?” Angel sighed as she looked down at her teddy bear.

“So, first you kidnap me, hold me hostage and then interrogate me?” He nodded.

“Yup.”

“Well, I’m not telling you. Now move.” He refused not moving an inch. The girl looked down at the older boy.

“Please Hansol. I have somewhere really important to go.” He shook his head at her again. Frustrated and angry at the boy in front of her, she could feel tears falling down her cheek.

“Hansol move! Now! I HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO!!” She yelled at him. Surprised he stood up in front of the door, still blocking it.

“I’m coming with you.” She hesitated for a minute but knew that he wouldn’t let her go otherwise.

“Fine.” She finally gave in and Hansol grinned.

“I’ll drive you two.” Kidoh pointed out and the pair agreed. Hansol walked to the back and fetched two jackets. He pulled one on while throwing the other over the girl.

“Don’t need to to get sick again.” She gave him a weak smile and nodded.

“Thanks.”

“So, where to?” Kidoh questioned the girl as the trio walked out of the front door. She hugged the handmade bear tightly as she started to mumble.

“The graveyard.”

 

~*~

 

“Annyeong umma. Annyeong appa. How are you guys doing?” She questioned as she kneeled down in front of two graved. Kidoh and Hansol joined her while holding an umbrella over her.

“You’re parents….” Hansol started but didn’t know how to finish as he looked at the tombstones. Angel gave a small smile and nodded.

“Ne. Today it makes three years since they’re dead. I come here every year with my teddy and talk with them. Usually I bring them flowers but I couldn’t this year.” She explained.

“Can I ask?” Kidoh mumbled looking at the graves.

“Ask what? How they died?” She asked, making him nod in response. Angel looked at her parents and nodded herself.

“Three years ago. It may sound very horrible but...I’m glad they’re dead. See, mom was very sick. She had an incurable disease. The medicines she took were only meant to help ease the pain and they did their job well. If you looked at her, you’d never guess she was dying. Dad worked all day so we could be able to afford living in our little house and mom’s medicine. Our house may be broken but it was just fine for us. With mom sick and dying and dad always worrying about us all day, he was just as miserable as mom was. It broke her heart to know that she’d be dying sooner than everyone else. To leave her loved ones behind….Mom soon died from her disease and dad still worked all day, only being home at night for a few hours. He stressed over everything until it made him very sick. He died soon after mom. I’m glad though. At least now they won’t have to suffer anymore….” She smiled looking from one boy to the other and eventually back at the tombstones. Hansol looked at the girl and had a million questions running through his mind.

How could she have been living alone for three years? How does she afford all those medicines from earlier if she doesn’t have a job? Who is taking care of her and ...who is the doctor?

As he opened his mouth to speak the girl interrupted him.

“Thank you. Both of you. You are the first people to ever come with me here. It makes it a bit easier….thanks” She smiled and leaned her head on Hansol’s shoulder. He looked down at her and smiled. At that point she thanked the heavens for the rain. At least this way no one could hear or see her sniffing under the umbrella.

‘It’s all my fault….’

 

~*~

 

The gang made their way home and Seogoong fetched everyone a few towels to dry themselves off with. Angel didn’t have a choice but to stay with the guys for now since it was raining and she knew her house would be flooded. She couldn’t sleep there. Sighing she dried off her hair and walked to the bedroom door. Twisting the knob she found it locket once again.

“Hansol. Open this for me please? I need some dry clothes from my bag….” She whined. Hansol stood up and joined the girl.

“Here. Don’t think about running off though” He smirked.

“Don’t worry. I don’t have a choice at the moment. My house is….lets say not built for bad weather. And since you don’t want me sick, I have to stay here.” She pointed out smiling at him. He grinned as the pair walked into his room.

“Do you have any warm clothes in there?” He questioned as he looked over her shoulder. She was kneeled down in front of her bags, rummaging through them. She slowly shook her head at him.

“I-I uhm...I don’t really have anything in here….” She whispered.

“What do you usually wear around your house?” She hung her head as she stopped looking through the bags.

“I keep my uniform on. I’m never actually home anyways besides at night. My house is just a place for me to sleep at.” She smiled.

“What do you do all day then?” He asked taking a seat next to her. She grinned brightly at him.  

“I’m out doing whatever I want to. I don’t waste my life sitting at home doing nothing.” She plainly stated making the boy nod at her. He got up and eyed the girl for a minute.

“Get up.” He ordered in a commanding tone.

“Huh?”

“Get up.” He repeated as he grabbed her hand and spun her around in a circle. He nodded for a minute and walked toward his dresser. Confused the girl stood there and watched as he pulled out shirt after shirt, pants after pants. HIs eyes lit up as he pulled out a pair of superman pajamas.

“Here. They might be a bit big but it’s warmer than those clothes.” Her eyes widened as she looked at the boy handing her the clothes. She shook her head at him.

“I can’t take those! I’m already grateful enough that you’re letting me stay the night but… I really don’t want to -”

“Just shut up and take them.” She hesitated but eventually agreed. He smiled as he sat down on his bed.

“Put them on.”

She looked at him wide eyed, trying to figure out if he was serious.

“Uhm….mind leaving first?”

“OH! Uhm...Yeah! Mianhae!” He quickly apologized before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

“Yeah….He’s cute.” She grinned blushing while she pulled off her wet clothes and changed into the pajama set Hansol gave her. As he said, they were a bit big. Giggling she looked into the mirror and was happy that at least the pants had strings in them. She opened the door and jumped back as Hansol came flying back. He was leaning on the door as he stood watch just in case.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! Are you okay??” She hurried beside the boy laying on the floor. He nodded as he smiled and rubbed his head.

“Just...hit my head kinda hard.”

“Aww! Poor little cutie! Where does it hurt? Here?” She asked as she kissed the top of his head. His eyes widened as blushed and nodded.

“Ne. Thanks. It already feels better.” Angel nodded and helped him back up.

“Say, where do I sleep tonight?”

“You can sleep in my bed if you're ready to go to sleep. I’m gonna stay in the front for a little while longer. Aren’t you hungry though?” The girl shook her head.

“Where are you going to sleep tonight then?” He smiled as he ruffled her hair.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll sleep wherever I fall asleep.” He assured her as he turned around.

“Glad it fits. It looks good on you.” He mumbled before walking down the hall. She could feel her cheeks getting hot as she closed the door and walked to her bags.

“Why are my cheeks hot? I know it’s not a fever this time….”She questioned. Pulling out a little bottle, she took one of the pills out and swallowed it with some water she kept in her bag. She sighed as she looked at the bottle.

“Mom. I’m sorry but all your efforts will be gone to waste.” She smiled as she crawled into Hansol’s bed and felt her eyes slowly closing.

‘Hmm...in a way...I don’t want to get rid of them...’