It's nothing...

The beat to my rhythm

Angel didn’t attend school the next day and since every one of the guys had at least one class with her, they all began to worry. As school was out they all gathered in the front, making their way toward their cars.

“Was she in class today?" Hansol questioned the rest of the crew as he looked at them. Nakta shook his head.

“She wasn’t in school today at all.”

"Worried?" B-Joo asked the older boy, looking at his face. Hansol turned to B-Joo and nodded.

“Just a bit. Maybe she’s sick.”

“You should try and get her phone number or her address or something so we can at least check on her every now and then” Hojoon pointed out making the rest of the crew nod in agreement.

“Yeah. You’re right.” Kidoh added nervously as he looked back and forth from one member to the next.

‘Well….he might not have her’s but...she has his….’’

The guys made their way into the cars as Jenissi poked his head over the top of his car, looking at Hansol who had made his way to the other car.

“Who knows? Maybe she’ll be back tomorrow.” He assured the younger boy who nodded at him. Smiling he ducked back off into the car and started it, making his way out of the parking lot and back home.

 

~*~

 

“Miss Angel, your test results have come in.” She chuckled at the doctor.

“Oh come on. You’ve known me since I was little. I come to you for everything. You’re practically family now so what’s up with the Miss? It must be bad news if you’re saying it that way.” She grinned as she jumped on the doctors table. The doctor looked at her and smiled.

“You haven’t changed a bit you know?”

“Good. I wasn’t planning on it.” She stated making him smile.

“Now, about those results. Did anything important change or is my ‘due date’ still the same?” She questioned looking at him. He sighed with a slight smile on his face.

“I don’t understand how you can deal with it so easily angel. If I were you, I’d be freaking out.”

“I’ll tell you my secret. I live life for the moment. I want to live a regretless life doing whatever I want to.”

“So I’m going to guess here and say that you actually like school then?”

School. Angel thought for a moment and for the strangest reason, when he mentioned school the first thing that popped into her head were Hansol and his crew. Grinning she nodded.

“Yeah, I do. But I made a mistake and somehow ended up with friends. Funny huh? Eh, I’ll get rid of them somehow.” She shrugged it off as she hopped from the table to the chair.

“Anywho. Back to the results. Did anything change?” The doctor sighed heavily and shook his head.

“Luckily, your ‘due date’ is still the same. Have you been taking your medicine regularly for the frequent pains?”

Angel searched through her bag and pulled out the little bottle shaking it in front of him.

“By the way, I’m almost out. I’m going to need some more please. I’m also very grateful for your help with them. I would never be able to afford them.” Smiling he shook his head at her and grabbed the bottle writing her another prescription.

“Don’t worry Angel. It’s like you said, I’ve known you and your parents ever since you were little. It’s the least I can do.” Smiling she slightly nodded.

“You do realize that this medicine is only for the pain, It won’t-”

“Please. Don’t remind me. I know.” The doctor looked at the girl in front of her and nodded as he handed her the bottle back.

“You know. Tomorrow it’ll make three years. I really can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me.”

Again the doctor shook his head.

“I just wish I could do more.” He stated as he put his hand on her forehead. Wide eyed he pulled back.

“Angel, you’re burning up!” Angel smiled and nodded at him.

“Yeah. I know. That’s normal now.” She slowly mumbled as her eyes fell shut and she passed out. Jumping up he caught her and placed her on the table.

“Poor girl. You’ve been through so much in your life. More than you deserve.” He mumbled to himself before leaving his office to fetch some medicine and a cold towel to place on her head. As he returned he found her cellphone on the chair.

“Han...sol” He could hear her unconsciously mutter under her breath.

“Hansol? Is he the guys she wants to get rid of?”

He took her phone and unlocked it. As he looked through her contacts he found three.

1. Doctor

2. Hansol

3. Kidoh

“Hansol and Kidoh? Two guys she’s trying to get rid of. Looks like they won’t let her though.” He smiled at the thought of her finally having a few friends. He tapped Hansol’s name and called the boy up.

 

~*~

 

Hansol tilted his head as he walked through the kitchen looking at his phone. An unfamiliar number was calling him. Kidoh who had crept up behind Hansol nudged the boy making him jump.

“You should answer that! It may be important.” He urged. Hansol shrugged and decided to do as he suggested.

“Hello?”

“Yes, Hello. Is this Hansol?”

“Ne. Wae? Who is this?”

“This is your friend Angel’s doctor. I’m calling from her phone. She’s not doing to well and passed out in my office. Could you maybe come and pick her up? I’m really sorry about this. I would take her home myself but I’m having a rather busy day today at the office. Oh, and do you know someone by the name of...Kidoh?”

Hansol looked at the boy in front of him and nodded.

‘Do you?’

As he realized what he did he quickly answered the doctor.

‘Ne. I know Kidoh. Wae?”

‘I think it would be best if her two friends came to pick her up. Again, I’m very sorry to bother you two like this.’

‘No. It’s fine. We’ll be there in a few.’

‘Thank you two so much.’

‘No, thank you.’

Hansol finished before hanging up the phone.

“Who was it?” Kidoh urged the younger boy. Hansol slowly let his gaze fall upon the older boy in front of him as he snapped back out of his trance.

“Angel’s doctor. She’s passed out in his office. She’s not doing too well. He want’s us to go get her and take her home.” Kidoh looked at him, trying to see if he was telling the truth.

“Come on Kidoh! Let’s go!” Hansol urged as he grabbed his jacket from the couch and ran out the door. Kidoh, now wide eyed followed the younger boy’s lead.

“Have business to take care of! Be back later!” He yelled toward the back as he ran out the door.

“Business?” Gohn questioned as he peeked out from his door.

“Huh…”

 

~*~

 

“Again, thank you two so much for this. Here is her address. It’s actually been a while since I’ve been there to check up on things. I’ve been so busy here and with other things…..Would you mind giving me a call and telling me how things are over there? Everytime I ask her, she says it’s all fine.” Hansol and Kidoh looked at him in confusion but nodded.

“Sure. As soon as we drop her off.” Kidoh assured the worried doctor.

‘What exactly is he to her?’

“We’ll be off then. Thank you doctor.” Hansol pointed out as he picked up the girl before him bridal style and made his way toward the door. Her fever had come down and she was slowly doing better. The only thing wrong was that she hadn’t woken up yet. Worried he looked down at her.

“Don’t worry to much. She’ll be fine. It’s nothing but a slight cold.” Hansol looked back and nodded at the doctor before the guys made their way out of his office and to their car.

The doctor leaned back in his chair and sighed.

“If you won’t tell them, neither will I. I guess it’s better that way” He mumbled to himself.

 

~*~

 

“This...This can’t be it. This has to be wrong.” Kidoh mumbled as him and Hansol made their way to the house, leaving Angel sleeping in the backseat of the car. They slowly approached the crumbled down house in front of them. The front window was broken and the door was unlocked.

“Should we...go in?” Kidoh questioned the younger boy as they stopped at the front door. Hansol looked at him and nodded.

“I’m not leaving her here if the house will only make her even sicker. She’s coming with us then and for once, I don’t care what P-Goon has to say.” He simply stated as he opened the front door. The pair walked in oh so slowly as the floor started to creek. walking in further they found the kitchen. Her living room was no bigger than her bedroom which they found at the end of a small hall. The entire house had buckets standing everywhere to catch the rain on bad days. A few broken windows and doors with creaky floors everywhere. Kidoh and Hansol didn’t know what to think. As they entered her bedroom they found a neatly folded blanket in one corner with a small dresser in the other. It had a small broken mirror and a few cosmetics on top while her school bag stood beside it. Looking around the pair found her closet without a door. It didn’t contain a lot of clothes. Just a few days worth and her school uniform. In the entire house, her school things must have been the only thing not broken.

“I’m not leaving her here Kidoh. I can’t. Grab a few things that look important and put them in a bag. She’s coming home with us.” He stated as he started to search through her stuff, taking everything that looked important. The cosmetics, medicines, clothes, her school things, and a small stuffed bear that looked handmade were a few of the things the guys packed.

“Okay. I think I got everything.” Kidoh yelled back to Hansol from the kitchen. Hansol soon came out of her room with a bag of his own and nodded.

“Let’s go then.” Kidoh nodded and grabbed the other bag, making his way to the car. He jumped into the driver’s seat as Hansol took the passenger seat with the two bags worth of things. Looking back he found the girl still fast asleep. Frowning he looked back to the front.

“Don’t worry Hansol. P-Goon won’t mind.” Kidoh assured the younger boy.

“And it’s not like we could just leave her there.” Hansol looked at him and nodded.

“Let’s go home. I’ll deal with P-Goon if I have to but there’s absolutely no way I’m leaving her here.” He stated as he looked out of the window at the small house.

“She’ll only get sicker here….”