Three times the charm!

The beat to my rhythm

“Get up Hansol. Time for school!” P-Goon yelled through the hall as he made his way further down, knocking on everyone’s door and repeating himself a few more times. A few groans and moans could be heard throughout the house as everyone decided to finally get up.

“Is it time for school already?” Yano whined as he finally joined the crew, rubbing his eyes.

“Yeah. Today’s the first day. Excited?” Kidoh as he threw his arm over the younger boy’s shoulder. Yano gave him a glare that could easily kill and the older boy backed off with a smirk on his face.

“Kidoh, you know better than to agitate the maknae this early in the morning.” Sangdo pointed out. Kidoh nodded in response before rummaging through the refrigerator for food.

“Nothing’s in there.” Xero stated plainly walking past the older boy.

“I already checked”

“Guess we’ll be eating at school then?” Hojoon questioned from his seat on the couch.

“Unless hyung feels like stopping somewhere before we go” Xero sang with a grin on his face. Jenissi turned to look at him and the rest of the guys. As he saw 12 hungry faces staring at him he gave in.

“You guys better get ready now then so we’ll make it to school on time” He stated making his way to the back.

The 12 boys quickly nodded and made their way to the back to get ready.

“I’m riding with jenissi hyung!” Yano yelled as he scrambled through the hall.

“I dibs P-Goon then” Hansol yelled from his room.

 

~*~

 

“Summer break went by too fast” Gohn whined as they arrived at the school. All of the guys nodded in agreement.

As the bell rang the guys made their way to their classes. Hansol, B-Joo, Xero and Hojoon took off in one direction while the others went a different way.

“We really got lucky to be put in the same class together.” Hojoon stated as the crew of four made their way into the classroom.

“Please find yourselves a seat.” The teacher pointed out as the guys walked in. Looking around for a minute Hansol and B-Joo froze. Their eyes grew wide as they spotted a familiar face. The boys looked at each other and smiled.

“Well?”

“Let’s go guys. I found the perfect seats.” Hansol pointed out as the rest of them followed him.

The girl grew suspicious as she was suddenly surrounded.

“Three times the charm” A familiar voice pointed out. She grinned looking down at her desk.

“Hansol. I guess the universe really wants me to tell you my name huh?” Hansol took the chair to her right while B-Joo sat on her left leaving Xero and Hojoon with the seats right in front of her.

“Yup. Now, will you please tell me your name?” Xero shot his head around to face the three behind him.

“You? You’re the one?” He questioned. The girl tilted her head at him in complete confusion.

“Huh?”

“You’re the one this guy has been obsessing over all summer long? Since the arcade thing?” A grin grew across the girls face as she looked at the older boy who was now trying to hide his face from her.

“Xero! Wae?” He mumbled. Xero shrugged and turned his attention back to the girl.

“You are her right?” The girl smiled and shrugged.

“I don’t know. I guess so, Xero right?” He nodded at her.

“Well, if you are can you please tell him your name already? He’s driving us crazy every day”  He stated plainly making Hojoon turn around too.

“Please do.”

“Hojoon! You too?” Hansol questioned and the boy smiled.

The girls face lit up as she looked from one boy to another.

“Okay! So you’re Hojoon, that’s Xero the one to my left is B-Joo and the cutie on my right is Hansol. Am I right?” Hansol’s eyes widened and Xero nodded.

“And you are?” B-Joo asked. The girl sighed and Hansol finally looked back up at her when he felt his face had turned back to it’s normal color.

“I did promise didn’t I?” She mumbled as she picked up the pen from her desk and nervously started fidgeting with it.

“My name is Angel” All four boys’ eyes widened.

“You’re american?” Hansol questioned as he creeped closer to her. She giggled and shook her head.

“No but ever since I can remember everyone’s called me Angel or Chun Sa. I like it better in English though so just call me Angel araso?” She tilted her head at the boys. The four of them nodded.

“Ne.”

“Alright class let’s get started. Turn your books to page 107 and begin reading from the top.” All the student’s did as they were told and Hansol slowly leaned over to the girl.

“Hey, do you want to eat lunch with us? I can introduce you to the rest of the guys if you want.” She hesitated for a moment but nodded.

‘Being late one day won’t kill me….I hope’

Hansol smiled from ear to ear as the girl agreed.

‘Angel...’

 

~*~

 

“Okay okay. Give me a break! There’s 13 of you.” The girl giggled as she turned to the pack of guys around her. A-Tom grinned as he looked at the frustrated girl.

“One more time for the win?”

“You know, you could always turn it into a song or so. Add a little beat to it and just sing the names. It’s easier to remember” Gohn pointed out as he started sipping on his drink. She thought for a moment.

“A song you say? Hey Uhm….P-Goon?” She questioned pointing at Sangdo. He smiled and shook his head.

“Sangdo.”

“Ugh...Okay Sangdo then. Give me a beat!” She said in a commanding tone. The boy was confused at her orders but ultimately did as he was told. Sangdo started a beat and all the guys started bobbing their heads. Angel smiled as she looked around the table.

“Okay. I got this” She exclaimed before starting her song and pointing to each boy as she sang.  

“Jenissi, P-Goon, Seogoong, Gohn, Hojoon, Kidoh, Sangdo, Nakta, Hansol, B-Joo, Xero, A-Tom, Yano”

The guys’ smiled brightly as they threw their hands up in the air.

“You got it Angel!” Seogoong congratulated her. She looked around the table and smiled brightly.

“Nice! And it only took 5 tries” Nakta pointed out as he finished his food.

Just as everyone finished up, the bell rang and it was time for everyone to return to their rightful classes.

“So where do you go next?” Hansol questioned as he got up. Angel smiled at the older boy.

“Math.”

“Ah! So you’re coming with us then?” A-Tom stated. Angel looked at him and found Yano and Kidoh had joined his side.

“I guess so.”

“Let’s go then!” She smiled and nodded. As the four walked back to class, Angel fell behind and snuck off into the bathroom.

“Oh God. I can’t do this again. Next time I’ll just take it on time instead of being late again.” She mumbled to herself as she fumbled through her backpack, clinging onto her chest.

“Ah. Finally.” She pulled out a small purse and took out a little bottle. Opening it, she took out one of the pills in the container and swallowed it with some water. She sighed in relief as she slowly started to relax.

“How did I end up making friends anyways? I don’t want friends...I never planned on seeing any of them ever again….Does the universe really want to see more people hurt and suffer because of me? Mom and Dad suffered enough back then….Mianhae.” She mumbled to herself as she swung her bag back over her shoulder.

“I can’t keep hanging out with them…. As much as I want to have fun with them….I just can’t” She looked into the mirror and nodded to herself before leaving the bathroom.

“There you are! Don’t just disappear like that!” Yano ordered the girl as he grabbed her arm and dragged her off into the direction of their next class. She looked at the younger boy as she followed him.

‘I don’t think I’m getting rid of them that easily….I have to think of something though….What to do?’