The summer I met her

The beat to my rhythm

Summer had finally started. No school and nothing to worry about for a while. It was finally time for the group of 13 to relax and have some fun.

“Yo! I told you I’d beat you! No one can beat me in this game!” An excited boy yelled at his rival in an arcade.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m not worried. Beginners luck. I’ll beat you next time Yano.”

“In your dreams A-Tom” Yano yelled back at him. A-Tom shot him a sly grin as he pointed at the younger boy.

“Watch your back.” He warned before joining one of the others.

“Hansol! You’re letting B-Joo beat you?” He exclaimed as he stood behind the pair, watching them race. Every curve the cars took, the guys leaned with them maybe hoping it would have some effect on the actual cars.

“So? You let Yano beat you!” Hansol mumbled as he struggled to keep up with B-Joo.

“Beginners luck.” He assured him. Hansol smirked at the younger boy.

“Well, looks like B-Joo’s got some of that too”

“You can’t really call it beginner's luck anymore after you get beat five times in a row, Hansol.”

“He’s got a point!” The three could hear Jenissi yell from behind them. He was caught up in his own battle with Nakta. A shooting game.

“You just make sure Nakta doesn’t blow you up and I’ll worry about B-Joo.” Hansol yelled back never taking his eyes from the screen. Jenissi smirked at the younger boy’s remarks.

Everyone was caught up in some sort of battle of their own as they were scattered all throughout the arcade. Nakta blew up Jenissi a few times while B-Joo ran Hansol off the road, leading him to victory. A-Tom watched and laughed as B-Joo did a little victory dance. Hojoon and Xero took over the step up revolution game while Sangdo and P-Goon tried their luck at bowling. Seogoong and Gohn found a zombie shooting game which forced them to work together and Kidoh and Yano decided to run around and try every game at least once.

“Make that six.” B-Joo yelled at Jenissi who gave him a thumbs up. Hansol let himself slump back in the chair as he let out a heavy sigh.

“Mind if I give it a try?” A girl walked up to B-Joo as she twirled a coin in her fingers. B-Joo shook his head and she smiled at him.

“He’s easy to beat so dont worry.”

“I heard. Six times right?” She asked as she faced him. B-joo laughed as Hansol glared at his rival.

“That doesn’t mean you’ll be seven. I’m actually pretty good at this game.” He pointed out as he sat up. The girl smiled as she took a seat in B-Joo’s chair and faced the older boy.

“We’ll see about that.” The girl smirked and Hansol started stammering on his words as he looked at her. She was absolutely perfect in his eyes. Her smile could easily light up an entire room while her eyes could tell a million different stories. Her hair was as black as coal with only a few blonde streaks in them.  

This girl made him believe that love at first sight was possible and he didn’t even know her name yet.

“So, are you ready to get beat then?” She challenged him with a small smirk on her face. He grinned at her and  nodded.

“We’ll see who’ll get beat!” He exclaimed making her smile. B-Joo and A-Tom stood behind the rivals until one of them crossed the finish line leaving the other in complete distress.

“I...lost” The girl muttered under her breath. B-Joo and A-Tom were wide eyed at the results.

“Who won?” Jenissi yelled still battling against Nakta.

“Hansol…” B-Joo stated in a low tone baerly audible. Jenissi dropped his weapon wide eyed as he peeked around the corner to look at the screens. B-Joo was right. Hansol won.

“GAME OVER”

Jenissi snapped back out of it as he realized Nakta sought the chance of his dazed friend and blew him up once more.

“You cheated.” Jenissi simply stated as he glared at Nakta. Grinning he shook his head at the older boy.

“You just weren’t paying attention.”

“So, now who’s getting beat again?” Hansol questioned her as he grinned in victory. She looked at him and smiled.

“Beginners luck.” She stated as she got up.

“You can have your seat back now. Thanks!” She smiled as she moved out of B-Joo’s way. Hansol panicked as the girl started to walk away.

“Wait! I didn’t catch your name!” He yelled as he spun around in the seat to watch her leave.

“That’s because I never told you!” She yelled back with a smile on her face.

“Thanks Hansol! This was fun!” She waved as she walked out of the door and disappeared into the streets.

“Well, she was nice.” Yano stated as he leaned on the back of Hansol’s chair. The older boy nodded.

“If only I knew her name…”