Who are you?

The beat to my rhythm

“Get up Hansol! It’s already 11:00 a.m!” Xero yelled from the opposite side of the door as he knocked on it, hard enough to punch a hole straight through it.

“Yeah. I’m gettin up.” Hansol yelled back as he lied to the younger boy. Technically he had been up for the past 3 hours, he just didn’t feel like actually making any effort to ‘get up’. Laying in his bed, he crossed his arms behind his head and stared up at the ceiling.

“Who are you?” he mumbled to himself.

“Uhm...I’m Gohn. Is that a trick question?” Hansol jumped up and stared at the older boy for a minute.

“How long have you been standing there?” Gohn shrugged in response.

“Didn’t look at the clock when I walked in.” He simply stated with a serious expression.

“P Goon sent me to tell you to stop moping in your bed and get up.” He grinned as he turned around and walked back out of the younger boy’s room.

“It’s still summer….why do I have to get up at all?! It’s not like we’ve got anything to do...plus school doesn’t start until next week...just let me sleep in…..” He half mumbled half yelled. Frustrated and mad he decided to get up. P-Goon was already nice enough to let all of them stay at his little dorm, he may as well do what he says. Plus, it’s not like the guys asked him to go out and kill someone. He only wanted him to get up.  

“Look who finally decided to get up!” Yano yelled from the couch as he threw his hand up. Yano, A-Tom, Jenissi and Seogoong had started playing video games early in the morning which didn’t really surprise anyone anymore. Who could blame them, there was nothing else to do.

“So, what was the point of me getting up?” Hansol questioned as he took a seat in the kitchen beside Hojoon watching P-Goon whip up breakfast.

“Nothing really. Just don’t want you to waste your summer sleeping.” P-Goon answered. Hansol sighed at his response and joined the guys on the couch, letting himself fall back.

“Yah! You’re gonna mess me up! I’m winning right now!” Yano exclaimed. Hansol smirked as he stood up and let himself fall back again, making Yano mess up the game.

“Like that?”  Yano glared at the older boy and then at B-Joo.

“Hey B-Joo! Don’t you want to go out for bubble tea? And take Hansol with you?” He yelled at the boy in the kitchen while pointing at Hansol. Annoyed Hansol stood up and walked to his room.  

“If you wanted me gone you just had to say so. Hey Jenissi, don’t let the maknae win!” He smiled as Jenissi gave him a thumbs up never taking his eyes off of the flat screen TV.

“Where are you going?” Sangdo questioned the boy as he watched him walk toward the back.

“Out for bubble tea. For once, Yano actually gave me a good idea” B-Joo’s eyes lit up as he followed Hansol to the back.

“I want to go!” He whined. Hansol turned around and grinned.

“Go get ready then unless you want to go in your pajamas.” He chuckled as he looked the younger boy up and down. B-Joo quickly shook his head as he took off toward his own room.

“Don’t leave without me!” He yelled as he dashed off into the room, closing the door behind him.

“Do I really have a choice?” Hansol mumbled to himself before disappearing into his own.

 

~*~

 

B-Joo started sipping on his bubble tea as he watched Hansol play with his, staring off into space.

“Hansol? You still there?” The younger boy joked as he waved his hand back and forth in front of his face. Hansol snapped back to reality and nodded.

“Just...thinking.”

“About the nameless girl from the arcade?” Hansol looked at B-Joo and then at his bubble tea, stirring it. He nodded in response.

“Just wondering if I’ll ever see her again. I’ve got nothing. I don’t even know her name and yet she knows mine.” He mumbled in a low tone as he started to space out again. B-Joo nodded understandingly, not really sure how to respond. His friend was right. He might never see her again and yet…..

“One strawberry bubble tea please” A girl had just ordered her bubble tea in the background. B-Joo watched her closely as she stood at the counter, waiting for her order.

“Hansol. Luck just might be on your side today” He whispered to his friend as he slightly pointed toward the girl at the counter. Confused, Hansol turned around and immediately his eyes grew three times their normal size. He stood up faster than B-Joo could look and walked toward her.

“So Miss, will you tell me your name now?” He questioned making the girl turn around. Her eyes hypnotized him as she shot him a small smile.

“Ah, Hansol! I thought I’d never see you again! Guess I was wrong.” She grinned tilting her head to the right.

“Guess the universe wanted us to meet again” He said before mentally slapping himself. Where did that cheesy line come from?

“The universe? Really?” She giggled. The line he used may have been the cheesiest thing he’s ever said but if it put a smile on her face, he was just fine with being cheesy.

“Yeah. The universe. That’s pretty big you know.” He stated with a serious expression which made her laugh even more.

“Ya know, you’re kinda cute Hansol.” He couldn’t believe what he just heard. Did she just call him cute? He quickly looked down at the floor trying to hide his red face from her.

“Ma’am? Your bubble tea”

“Oh! Thank you!” she responded as she took her drink and started sipping on it.

“Well, I’m off. See ya later Hansol.” She whispered only loud enough for him to hear. He quickly shot up as he watched her leave once more.

“Wait! Please tell me your name!” He pleaded with the girl. She turned to take one last look at him and shook her head.

“If the universe permits us to meet one more time, I’ll tell you my name. Three time’s the charm ya know?” She sang as she waved him off and disappeared into the streets. Hansol stared after the girl, never noticing his friend join his side.

“Who is she?” He questioned in between sipps as he handed Hansol his bubble tea. He snapped out of his trance and looked at B-Joo, shaking his head.

“I guess I’ll find out next time….that is if the universe permits it….” He mumbled. B-Joo looked at the older boy in complete confusion.

“The universe?” He questioned as the two started to walk toward the door. Hansol smiled and nodded.

“Yeah. It’s pretty big you know.”