Chapter 7: part 1

Dreaming of Forever

            I was blinded, but only for a second. As soon as my eyesight returned, the first thing I noticed was that I was onstage. The lights were on. Everyone was silent.

            And Jonghyun was in front of me. He was in a nice white tuxedo, with a microphone in one hand, smiling at me. I smiled back at him shyly, and whispered, “What’s going on?”

            He leans into me to whisper back, “I have a surprise for you,” then leans back out and faces the crowd. “Some of you might remember, this girl is the same one I had brought onto stage over a year ago from today, and today, as ironic as it may seem, is our one year anniversary of being together.” He reaches for my hand, taking it in his, and standing next to me just outside of the circle of flowers. The crowd cheers politely. “And I have a surprise for her, and for all of you.” Just then, soft music begins to play in the background of the arena, and a curtain behind us falls to reveal EXO's D.O., Chen, and Baekyun-all wearing white tuxedos-who begin to sing their new single Miracles in December. Jonghyun turns to me. “Katerina, for as long as I’ve known you, you have been the sweetest, shyest person I had ever met. You’re so much fun and I love being with you. I still remember our first date to Blake’s Restaurant. I remember exactly what you wore, and how beautiful you looked even though you had gotten into trouble not three hours before. I remember you telling me your favorite color-black and blue. I remember everything that night and all of the others. Especially the promise I made to you about us dancing together sometime, and I want to keep that to you.” As he finishes his last sentence, Key walks up onto stage, also wearing a white tuxedo, takes the microphone from Jonghyun, then leaves. He helps me out of the circle of flowers and pulls me close to him, our music getting louder, and we begin to dance.

            “I cannot believe you planned all of this! You even managed to get your manager’s permission. I’m impressed.” I smile at him.

            “Good. I’m glad you like it.” He smiles back.

            “How did you manage to get EXO here? I would have thought that they were extremely busy considering they only debuted a couple years ago.”

            “My manager talked to theirs. They are part of our company too, remember?” He smiles slightly. “Plus, they are really good friends of ours. I’m sure they wouldn’t have said no even if they wanted to, and trust me, they didn’t. They have been wanting to meet you.”

            I screwed my face up. “They have? How did they know about us? I thought it was only-“

            “You can’t stop a man from bragging about his girlfriend. I couldn’t help it! They deserved to know, considering how close we are.”

            “Of course! I’m completely fine with it, considering the whole world knows we are together now. Are you OK with that though? I thought you wanted us to be a secret.”

            “Did I ever tell you I was bad at keeping secrets?”

            I laugh. Slowly, we stopped dancing, and the music ended with the curtain dropping back into place, shielding EXO from our view.

            “And for the final surprise.” Jonghyun drops my hand and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a small black box. He kneels down on one knee, and says, “I know it has only been a year, but remember when I told you that idols don’t have a lot of time for things, so it’s either going to be rushed or not happen at all? Well I want this to happen so I’m rushing it.” I felt tears begin to run down my face. “Kat, I love you. I really do, or I wouldn’t be doing this. The reason I kept our relationship a secret was because I knew I wanted to marry you someday, and I wanted it to be a huge surprise. I love everything about you. Your face, your personality, the way your shy around your elders and people you’ve never met before. I love the way you laugh, and how your smile makes your beautiful brown eyes light up in a way I’ve never seen before. I love the way you always smell like something baked, or sugar cookies, or fresh laundry. I love waking up and seeing your face, and coming home and seeing your face. I love being in your company, and eating the food you make for all of us. I love the way the guys get along with you and how easy they act around you. I love how you always run and exercise with me, and how easygoing you are, and how much we have in common. I love spending time with you, and being with you, and I want that to last forever. I said I wanted a passionate relationship, and that’s exactly what I got.” He opens the tiny box to reveal I silver ring that looked like to strips sealed together at the bottom, then intertwined at the top in a swirl, supporting a large square diamond. “Kat,” he says, looking at my now tear-stained face from his serenade.

“Will you marry me?”

 

~~~~

Hey guys! I know this chapter is extremely short, but I want to break it up because the next few chapters are going to be rediculously interesting and these are going to be the last little bits! It was a short story, but it was good while it lasted right?? Anyways, they are going to be a bit rushed, but hopefully it won't seem that way! Hope you like the next few parts!