Chapter 4

Dreaming of Forever

It was gorgeous beyond belief. The restaurant looked as if it had come straight out of a magazine.

Meeting Room; Large Family Room

Dining Room

“I love it!” I said, putting my hand over my mouth. The restaurant had a timeless design, stylish and exotic, and from what I could see, they served exquisite cuisines in seductive settings where walls were exotically layered with artifacts from exotic climes and the tables were adorned with the finest appointments.

We walk into the waiting room waiting for a waiter to attend to us. As soon as we sat down though, a woman wearing a white button-down shirt, a black tie, and black slacks with an IPad and a small apron walked through the archway.

“Mr. Kim! We’ve been expecting you and your guest. Please, follow me.” She smiles brightly at both of us, and turns around, walking away slowly so we don’t lose her. We both stand and Jonghyun grabs my hand before following her.

Waiting Room

The waitress leads us through the archway into the dining room, through black double doors into another dining room, and up a stainless steel black staircase into what I thought would have been a private upstairs dining room.

I was wrong, as usual.

Private Dining Courtyard

She led us straight up to a private dining room in a courtyard on the top of the restaurant. It was surrounded with trees and had an elegant setup. It was surprisingly warm even though the walls and ceiling were made out of glass. You could see the stars and the moon, and see some of the nightlife, but none of the noise. In fact, in the background soft music was playing in the background from hidden speakers. The waitress pulled out two white folders from her apron and excused herself, letting us know she will be back soon to take our orders for the appetizer. Jonghyun thanked her, and then it was just the two of us. I let go of his hand and walked over to the bench/seat and sat down, staring at the sky through the glass. I felt the seat weigh down next to me and look over to see Jonghyun staring at the sky also. Just as I look at him, he looks at me and smiles.

“You like it?”

I smile and sigh, staring back at the stars. “This is more beautiful than I could have imagined. I didn’t even know this kind of place existed. Thank you for taking me here.” I lean in to him and give a kiss in the cheek.

“Yah! You aren’t supposed to do that! That’s my job.” He pretend pouts and holds his cheek, turning away. I laugh and pick up the menus, handing him one.

“Thanks!” He says, kissing me on the cheek quickly.

“Yah!” I say, mocking him, holding my hand to my cheek and pouting. He just laughs at me.

“You’re so cute!” He says shaking his head, still laughing and opening his menu.

I smile shyly and my cheeks redden, while I also open my menu.

“Have you been here before?” I ask him.

“Once or twice, I don’t really remember. I recommend the salad to start off because they are relatively small. For the entrée, go with either the salmon with the sesame oil or something from the grill because they will cook it right in front of you so it’s hot. It’s really cool.” He says smiling at me. “To drink, I hope you’re OK with wine. It’s an excessively fancy restaurant, so all it has is wine.”

I nod. “It’s all right, but I didn’t know you drink wine.”

He laughs a little. “That’s the only thing I drink that has alcohol, and I rarely drink that. Only for special occasions. ” He pokes my nose, and I scrunch it up.”Alcohol is bad for the body, and when you are always singing and dancing, you need to keep your body in a healthy shape to be able to pull everything off.”

“Wise words from a wise man.” I say nodding.

He laughs. “Not really. Just common sense for idols.”

“Then why does Key drink so much?”

“I don’t really know. I mean, he doesn’t drink a lot, but he disappears occasionally, and comes home drunk at times. Other times it’s just really late, and then he holes himself up in our extra room. Ah! Which reminds me, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to stop by our dorm sometime this week? Our schedule is surprisingly not busy, which is pretty convenient for a time like this. Its a little ways away from your home, but nothing I’m sure my chauffer couldn’t handle.”

I purse my lips and fold my menu up, setting it on the table. “Jonghyun, don’t you think you might be moving a little fast?” I ask, looking at him?

He scrunches his eyebrows together. “No not at all. Why? Is this a little too fast for you?”

“Well, I mean, I don’t usually get invitations to another guy’s house when we had just met the day before…” I look down at my lap. “I mean, you’re an idol, and I don’t want to really rush things…”

He sighs. “That’s the thing. As an idol, everything is rushed, so it kind of turns into a habit. I can’t help it. I don’t really have time for anything else, so it’s either never going to happen, or it’s going to be rushed.” He looks at me. “Do you kind of understand it? I know it’s kind of hard, but do you get it?”

I nod. “I would love to visit sometime this week.” I say, smiling. “Besides,” I say, picking up my menu and reopening it, “you’ve already seen my place so it will even us out.”

A few minutes later, after discussing all of the pros and cons of the different salads we could choose for the entrée, the waitress comes back up to take our orders, and leaves again.

“So,” Jonghyun says, setting his menu down, “let’s play 20 questions. I’ll start. What’s your favorite color?”

I smile. “Black and blue. I can’t decide.”

“Ah me neither. They are also my favorite color.”

OK, my turn. What kind of romance do you want?”

“Something dangerous passionate.”

“Like the one in your song Juliette but I wouldn’t want to die.”

He points at me, “Yes! Finally! Someone who sees my point of view!”

I laugh.

“Do you like to exercise? If so, what form?”

“Occasionally, I like to run.”

“Me also, but I switch off between dancing and running.”

“I love to dance! I used to choreograph dances to songs when I got bored. Maybe we could dance together sometime?”

“Of course! How old are you?”

“Yah! It’s my turn to ask a question!”

“Nuh uh! You already asked a question remember? If we could dance together sometime?”

“Che.” I say, crossing my arms across my chest and smirking, “21.”

He smiles big, “23. Perfect ages.”

I laugh. “Favorite pastime?”

“Working out.”

“Karate and cooking.”

“Level?”

“Black belt.”

“Dangerous. Now all we are missing is the passionate.” And with that, Jonghyun leans in and kisses me. I lean back a little in surprise, and then kiss him back. We stay like that for a while, until we hear footsteps coming up the staircase, then break apart giggling. Jonghyun kisses my nose then leans away just as a good looking waiter appears at the top of the stairs carrying our salads.

The rest of the night carried out smoothly. Jonghyun and I had ordered a salmon to share with pork, and bottle of rose wine to go with, but I didn’t remember anything else.

~~~<***>~~~

            Later the next morning, I woke up to a grey morning light pouring through my windows. I sat up, and experienced a slight headache, and fell back into my bed.

            I felt something shift next to me, and looked over.

“JONGHYUN!?!” I yell.

 

~~

Sorry for such a short chapter! I promise the next one will be longer when I update again!