Chapter 15 Part 1

Dreaming of Forever

March 21st, 2014

 

Kat’s POV

I stare at him, shocked. Everyone was silent. Key cleared his throat, a little embarrassed.

“I know this is probably a little awkward for you guys, but we’ll keep it a secret.”

“How… does this work for-” Taemin breaks off and his eyes slide over to me, breaking from my trance. I look down.

“I should leave.” I say, and quickly leave the room and down the hallway to the door.

“Kat!” I turn around, expecting Jonghyun, but instead got Key. I slide the ring off of my finger and hand it to him. “I think this is yours now.” I turn away and open the door, quickly wiping off the tears that were starting to stain my cheeks. I ran down the hallway and into a waiting elevator, turning around just as the door started to close to see Key staring at me, shocked.

As soon as the doors closed, I slid down the back wall, falling against the floor as I cried.

Jonghyun’s POV

I watched as Key followed Kat out of the room and sat down on the couch in her place tiredly. The announcement had been mentally draining.

“So,” Onew says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. “Is Key going to move into your room now?”

I nod. “Yeah.”

“I feel bad for Kat. That must have been rough for her.” Minho says. “She’s going to make someone very happy. I know she made me happy.” He smiles and leans back on the couch with a hand on his stomach.

I’m so sorry Kat.

I stood up, resolved to make things OK with her; to still be friends. As I ran down the stairs skipping as many steps as possible without breaking my legs, I made it to the lobby of the apartment building just in time to see Kat getting ready to walk out the doors.

“Kat!” I yelled, running after her.

She turns around to see me, and I could tell that she had been crying, and could possibly break down at any moment.

“What?” she says, her shoulders sagging a little.

“I wanted to say I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying that!” She says, swinging her arms around for emphasis. “We both know you’re not, so stop. Can I leave now?” She motions towards the door.

“No.” I say.

She blinks. “Excuse me?”

“No, you can’t leave, because I’m not finished. I do mean it. I mean it so much, and even if we aren’t together, I still want to be friends.”

She laughs bitterly.

“Can we keep in touch?”

She stares at me.

“Acquaintances?” I say, trying desperately to hold on to something.

She shakes her head. “I don’t want anything to do with you anything to do with you.”

“Why? It’s not like you were pregnant! I’m not leaving anything behind!”

“You’re leaving me behind.” She says quietly, and then walks out of the building.

March 29th, 2014

Kat’s POV

I woke up in my comfortable bed back in my old two story condo with sharp pains in my stomach, and the feeling of wanting to throw up. I ran to the bathroom, thinking it was the stomach flu, but nothing came up. I tried going to the bathroom thinking it was girl problems, but nothing happened there either. It was my time of the week. I should have started. I wasn’t around anybody who was sick. I thought about all of the possibilities, while curled up in a ball on my bed trying to make the pain go away, but I kept coming back to one solution. I quickly got dressed, ignoring the pain, and headed to the drug store, careful to keep my head down so no one recognized me.

As I came home, and it got later into the day, the pain and nausea started to subside, leaving me feeling empty and hungry inside. I stopped at a drive thru on the way, but as soon as I got the food, I felt sick all over again. I finally made it home and ran to the bathroom to confirm my suspicions. As I stared at the little white stick with a blue plus sign on it, all I could think was, “No. No no no! This cannot be happening! Oh Jonghyun! Why weren’t you thinking?”

 

~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm sorry for making you wait so long for such a short chapter, but I promis I'm going to update as much as possible this week so I can finish it! Keep reading OK? Subscribe and comment! Upvote if your feeling up to it. Want another fanfic? Check out my polls to vote on which one you like!