Chapter 8

Dreaming of Forever

 I had started running at night before I went to bed daily after that concert to make sure that I was small enough to fit into my dream wedding dress. Jonghyun was always too busy with his schedule for anything. The manager’s phone had been blown up after his proposal on live TV with people asking for interviews and performances on different variety shows and such. I hope he isn’t too busy soon so he could help me start planning for our wedding.

          

            I was on a run at 11 at night a couple of weeks after the proposal, music blasting in my ears, when I got a call from Jonghyun. I stopped next to a bench under a streetlight a couple blocks away from the dorm, pull the phone from my armband where it was attached, and answered the call.

            “Hey,” I say a little breathlessly, “you need something?”

            “Come home. I have some news.” He says quickly.

            “Whoa, slow down.” I giggle. “What’s so big that I need to come now? Can I finish my run first? And why didn’t you tell me you were coming home for a little while? I would have liked to spend some time with you since you’ve been gone for so long.” I smile into the phone, sitting on the cold bench to finally catching my breath.

            “It’s urgent, I’ll tell you when you get home, so finish your run by running here as fast as you can, OK? And this wasn’t planned. I just got a call from the manager to tell you this. Hurry.” And with that, he hangs up.

            I pull the phone from my ear and make a face, standing up. I tuck it back into the armband, turning my music on and run back home, sprinting instead of jogging.

 

~~~<***>~~~~

 

I walk through the door of the apartment and Taemin rushes towards me “Don’t be mad at the manager, OK? She had no choice. SM told her to take it.” He says walking beside me, then slows down as he actually sees me. I walk into the living room to see the rest of the members gathered around, discussing something intently, and then Jonghyun looks up.

            “Oh good! You’re here.” He gets up and gives me a kiss on the forehead, then leans forward to whisper to me, “Go change. I’m afraid that if everyone sees you, they are going to start drawing sticks on who gets to you first.”

            I laugh at him and slap his arm. “They wouldn’t actually do that.” I say playfully, and he smirks. “Don’t be so sure. You don’t know what’s going on in their heads. Remember! They are all guys.”

            “So are you.”
            “Yeah, but I’m aloud to think that.” He smiles and gives me a quick kiss. “Now go. And hurry.” He returns to his seat as I make my way to our bedroom to change out of the shorts and sports bra I had originally been wearing for a tank top and sweats.

            “So,” I say, sitting next to Jonghyun, who immediately pulls me into his lap. I lean into him, putting my head on his shoulder. “What’s going on that’s so important and had Taemin and Jonghyun freaking out?”

            Onew takes a deep breath. “The manager and SM want you to do an exclusive interview on the variety show Beatles Code 2. You’ve heard of it right?”

            I nod. “A little, but an interview? I thought you play games and trivia and stuff like that. Why an interview?”

            “Well,” Minho begins to explain the details to me. “They invited us to be on the show, and, of course, the manager accepted even though our schedules are so hectic right now.” He looks pointedly at Jonghyun, who smiles and kisses me on the cheek, and I giggle.

            “Please, continue.” I say.

            “But he wasn’t finished explaining. He also wanted to know if she would allow you on the show, because they wanted to meet you, and they know that the world did too, and of course, our ever-so-gracious manager said yes on your behalf.” He says sarcastically. I sigh and curl up in Jonghyun’s lap. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

            “When is it scheduled for?” I look at everyone with puppy dog eyes.

            Key looks at me with sadness. “Tomorrow.”

            I sigh and try to bury myself deeper in Jonghyun’s chest. He wraps his arms around me and sets his chin on my head. “Sorry. You don’t get stage fright do you? You’ve never told me.”

            “No, of course not. I used to own the stage when I was younger.”

            “Good, good. Don’t be afraid to be yourself on this show. This one in particular, actually. They don’t care. We’ve been on this show a few years back when we were promoting Lucifer.”

            “When Taemin had that awful hairstyle.” I say giggling and Taemin gawks at me.

            “Yah!”

            “She’s not lying, dude.” Jonghyun says, smiling. Taemin picks up a pillow off of the couch and throws it at him. Jonghyun easily dodges and throws it back, hitting Taemin square in the face. He picks up the pillow to throw it back but I intercept it, laying it on Jonghyun’s chest.

            “Your chest was too hard.” I say. “I’m tired after all of this news. Do I just leave with you guys when you leave to the studio or what?” I look at Onew, and he nods. I start to whine. “That’s not fair! I’ll have to get up at, like, 3 to get ready! And I’m not even an idol. Why did you guys drag me into this?” I give Jonghyun puppy eyes, and pout my lips. He laughs at me.

            “You’re so adorable!” He kisses me on the nose, and then starts to stand up.

            “Yah!” I yell, throwing my arms around his neck so I don’t fall off, and he catches me.

            “We’ll talk about the rest of the details tomorrow with the manager. For now, let’s go get ready for bed OK? It’s late, and I want you to get some sleep before your big day tomorrow.” He starts to walk off, carrying me to our room when we hear a shutter sound. Jonghyun turns around to see Key taking a picture with his phone.

            “Sorry,” he says smiling, “but that moment was just too cute to not get on record.”

            I smile and blush, hiding my face in Jonghyun’s shirt, breathing in his sweet smell of soap and cologne. I hear another shutter click. I peak out of Jonghyun’s shirt and look at Key, blushing. “Stop taking pictures of us.” I say smiling. He takes another picture. “Yah!” I say lifting my head and looking at Jonghyun. “Why haven’t you taken me to the bedroom yet?”

            “Because it’s cute to see this! Yah, Key! Keep taking pictures!” Key stands up and follows us to our bedroom, taking pictures all the way with his phone while I stay in Jonghyun’s arms, laughing at the absurdity of the situation. He lays me on the bed and as soon as I try to get up, Jonghyun lays down on top of me to keep me from moving.

            “Yah!” I say, trying to push him off, but failing massively, while Key continues to take pictures. I hold my hand out to cover the camera but Key backs away so I couldn’t cover it, and to get a bigger shot of the situation. Jonghyun rolls over so his back was only covering my legs, and laughs at my attempts at trying to push him off of me. He eventually gets up off of me, but only to lay down on me again but horizontally, and kisses me.

            I hear a shutter click.

            I look at Key pointedly, who was laughing as he left the room, shutting the door behind him. I sigh good-naturedly. “I need to get into the shower.” I sit up, but Jonghyun pushes me back down. “Not yet.” He says, then kisses me again, deeper. I sink into the bed, and Jonghyun relaxes on top of me, then we hear a loud bang on the door.

            “If things are going to go down in there, go do that stuff in a hotel or something, but not in the dorm when everyone else is home!” Minho yells through the door. Jonghyun gets up and yanks open the door.

            “Yah! I am still fully clothed thank you, and if you expect us to leave, then you should instead.” He shuts the door closed, and then pulls me off the bed. “Let’s go get into the shower.”

            I walk into the bathroom then shut the door behind me as soon as I was in, and Jonghyun yells at me, “Yah! Why did you shut the door?”

            “I’m not stupid Jonghyun! There’s another bathroom down the hallway, that way we are taking a shower together, but not together. You’re welcome!”

            “That’s not fair!”

            “It’s completely fair. We are doing exactly what you said we are doing, just in a different sense. Love you!” I say, and then turn on the water.

            “At least let me use my own bathroom.” Jonghyun grumbles.

            “Oh, sweetheart! Didn’t you know? Once you let a girl into your home, nothing is yours anymore. It’s either hers, or hers and sort of yours.”

            He grumbles something again, and then walks off. I laugh and get into the shower.

~~~<***>~~~

            I sat in the dressing room at 7:30 in the morning, way too early in my opinion, getting pampered by a bunch o hairdressers and make up designers when Jonghyun walks into my room. He sits in the chair next to me. “Nervous?”

            “No. I’ve been in front of crowds before.”

            “This will be different. The crowd will be huge, only they aren’t in the room with you.”

            I scoff. “I bet.”

            “If you’re ready to go, let’s leave so we aren’t late.” He stands up, offering me his hand, and I take it.

            “You look beautiful.”

~~~<***>~~~

            “Today, we have a very special guest, and some old faces of good friends we had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago. Can we welcome to our yellow submarine, SHINee, and Jonghyun’s new fiancée, Katerina Hatori!”