Chapter 14

Dreaming of Forever

March 12th, 2014

“Jonghyun! I got out of karate early again. Maybe you want to catch some lunch with me?”

“Ah… sorry, but maybe another time! I have to practice our dance for the new music videos with Key.”

“Oh… OK! There’s always another time!”

March 17th, 2014

“Jonghyun…are you busy today?”

“A little. What do you need?”

“Well… I’m free if you want to grab a quick lunch to go? I realize that you don’t have much time, but I haven’t seen you that much…”

“I’m sorry, it’s just that since we are promoting our new album, I don’t have a lot of free time. Why don’t we go out to dinner tonight? Just you and me.”

“Oh… yeah all right. Let’s do that.”

March 17th, 2014

“Jonghyun? Where are you? It’s almost 11 O’clock. I thought we were supposed to go out to dinner?”

“Oh it’s that time already? Key and I were at the recording studio.”

“It’s fine. Let’s get breakfast together.”

March 20th, 2014

Voicemail: “Jonghyun. I hope you get this. SISTAR’s concert-the one I’m opening up for with Hyorin-is tomorrow night at 7:00 P.M. I hope you can make it. This is important to me.”

March 21st, 2014

“Hello?”

“Chen!” I yelled excitedly into the phone.

“Oh! Kat! Hey! How’s it going?”

“Absolutely amazing. SISTAR and I wanted to know if you wanted to come to their concert tonight. I know it’s really short notice, but I’m opening up for them with Hyorin, and I wanted to be able to meet the rest of EXO. I thought this might be the perfect chance?”

“I don’t know. Let me call my manager and then call you back OK?”

“Sure!”

Click.

Three seconds later.

“Hello?”

“We’re free.”

“Oh perfect! So the concert starts at 7:00 P.M., and when you get here, take the stage entrance. There will be guards there to lead you to the front row. It will be roped off, and surrounded with guards. No fans will get to you and you’ll have the best seats in the house.” I say matter-o-factly.

“This will be awesome! What should we wear? Disguises? Black tie?’

“Anything.”

“OK, cool. Let me tell the guys real quick.”

I hear chattering for a second, and then cheering.

“Oh their excited! Except Sehun… he’s just kind of…. There.”

“And I believe you.”

“Good! Well, we will see you in a few hours OK?”

“OK! See you later!”

“Yeah!”

“I love you!” I hear Baekhyun scream in the background just as Chen hangs up. I laugh as I dial another number.

“Hello?”

“Jonghyun?”

“Yeah?”

“Did you get my voicemail from yesterday?”

“Yeah.”

Silence.

“Are you going to be able to come? I understand that you’re busy, but knowing your manager, she wouldn’t-“

“I can’t come. I already talked to her yesterday after I got your voicemail.”

I in a deep breath. “Why didn’t you tell me? I understand we didn’t see each other last night, but you could have called-“

“My phone was off.”

“Then turn it on!” I yelled, before ending the call and slamming my phone down on the dressing room table. Hyorin walks in.

“Kat?” She says innocently.

I look at her, tears lining my eyes. She rushes to me and pulls me into a hug. “Oh, Kat! What happened?”

“He’s being such a jerk. He’s been blowing me off since we had a fight a few weeks ago. I have barely seen him, and when I have, he has always been asleep. This is so important to me, and he did it again! What’s happening to us?”

She didn’t need me to tell her who he was.

“I know this is probably really awkward since we just became friends, but to be honest, he’s sounding like a jerk right now, and I think you should kill him.” She said completely straight faced.

I laughed as I wiped the tears from my face. “I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. We have… what, two hours until the concert starts? We should go practice our song a few more times.

“That’s a good idea.” She says comfortingly, hooking arms with me and leading me out of the room.

 

~~~<***>~~~

Hyorin and I sat on just in front of the front row, holding our microphones, ready to begin as soon as the MC introduced us.

“HELLO AND WELCOME! CAN WE GIVE A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR… HYORIN AND KAT!”

That was our cue. Applause erupted from the crowd as the lights slowly lit up the stage. I could see the faces of all of EXO there. Chen with a smile on his face, Xuimin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun who stared at me adoringly, Kai, D.O., Sehun, Luhan smiling like a deer, talking to Sehun who also had a small smile, Lay, Suho, Kris, and the panda Tao who just looked excited to be there.

I smiled and gave a small wave to the group-who waved back-just as the music began to play.

                                                                                                         uyeonhi naege dagawa

                                                                                                              gamssa anajugo

                                                                                                       seoro meonghani baraboda

Geonnaen marannyeong

 

Kkumsogeseoman seuchyeogatdeon

Jigeumneon nae ape

 

Sarangi watneunde

Geudaen tteonandae

Gidalyeotneunde

Deo bol suga eobsdae

Neul babocheoreom

Heureuneun nunmuri malhae

Annyeongijen Good bye

 

Hello Hello Hello

Hello Hello

 

Dasi mannal ttaen naega meonjeo

Gwaenchanha annyeong

 

Kkumeseorado majuchilkka

Du nuneul gamayo

 

Sarangi watneunde

Geudaen tteonandae

Gidalyeotneunde

Deo bol suga eobsdae

Neul babocheoreom

Heureuneun nunmuri malhae

Annyeong ijen Good bye

 

Sigan seodulleo

Neol naegero delyeowajugil

Dan hanbeonman malhaejugil

Mideojiji anhneun iyagireul

 

Eodi itneunji

Naemam aneunji

Bogo sipeunde

(Dasin bol su eobsneun gose)

Bam haneure sorichyeo annyeong

 

(So) sarangi watneunde

Geudaen tteonandae

(Geudaen tteonandae)

Gidalyeotneunde

Deo bol suga eobsdae

Neul babocheoreom

Heureuneun nunmuri malhae

Annyeong ijen Good bye

 

Hello Hello Hello

Hello Hello

 

We finished the last part of the song, and the crowd erupts into screams and cheering, and I smile appreciatively.

That is until I notice all of EXO is standing, and everyone else is joining them.

I cover my face in embarrassment.

“Wow! I had never gotten one of those! That amazes me, especially since your still a trainee! I’m completely jealous.” Hyorin says to me through the microphone, smiling, which said that she really wasn’t.

“Thank you so much.” I say to her, and to everybody. Knowing that we had to make this quick for SISTAR, so they could start performing, I wrap it up.

“I hope all of you have a fantastic night tonight! You came out for some good music, so let’s hear it!” I say that just as the lights fade out, and the sinking floor I had been standing on takes me under the stage while Hyorin stays up there to perform with the rest of her group.

As soon as I got to the bottom, I headed straight for my dressing room, ignoring everyone and anyone that tried to make contact with me. As soon as I got to the room, I burst into tears. Of course he didn’t come. Why would we? I didn’t even feel like we were engaged anymore. Everything he did now was with Key. I heard a knock on my door and dried my tears, adding a bit of make up to my face to make it seem like I hadn’t been crying. Expecting Jonghyun, I open the door and was quickly disappointed, but I kept my smile on for EXO, and let them into my room.

“Hello!” they all say as they walk in, each bowing to me in turn. I nod and smile growing as I see Chen walk in last.

“Chen!” I say excitedly, throwing my arms around his neck and giving him a hug. “Thank you so much for bringing them!” I turn around and face the group. “And thank you for coming.”

“Thank you for inviting us.” Sehun says formally.

I laugh and smile. “No need to speak formally. I don’t really care.”

He nods, a little uncomfortable.

“When did you become a trainee?” Luhan asks, his eyes widening.

“Two weeks ago, actually.”

“Really?” He says, his mouth dropping open. “We weren’t allowed to perform until we weren’t trainees anymore. I can’t believe we haven’t met yet either way, even though we are in the same company.”

“I know. It’s really weird. But we’ve all met know. I know all of you from my days of being a fan girl,” they all laugh. “And you all now know me. I’m Kat if some of you didn’t catch it.” I bow to them. “It’s very nice to meet you all personally.” I smile big at them and Baekhyun sighs.

“Is it just me or is she the most beautiful woman in the whole entire world?”

I turn bright red and D.O. reaches over to slap him on the back of his head.

“Back off. She’s getting engaged!” H says to Baekhyun.

I frown.

“Kat, can I talk to you for a second?” Chen says, motioning for me to follow him out into the hallway, so I do.

“Do you need something?” I say, once we were alone.

“No it’s just… I noticed that when we came by, you seemed a little disappointed. And then when D.O. mentioned that you were getting married, you didn’t seem happy. Is something going on between you and Jonghyun?”

I smile bitterly. “You’re the first to actually figure it out without having me spell it out and draw pictures for you. He’s been ignoring and blowing me off for the past few weeks, always saying he had to do something for the album or with Key.” I say looking down. “I don’t feel like we are engaged anymore. He isn’t treating me right, but I don’t want to leave him. What do I do?” I say looking up a Chen, who looked sorrowful.

“Do you know why he’s acting like that?”

I shake my head. “No. It just happened.” He shoves his hands in his pockets, frowns and shakes his head angrily. “That stupid son of a –“

“Careful.” I say, nodding in the direction of the rest of the members who were most likely listening in on us. He nods. “We’ll figure it out.”

And I did.

~~~<***>~~~

As soon as I got home from the concert at 9, I was bombarded by Jonghyun.

“Kat.” He says worriedly.

I glare at him. “What.”

He blinks, a little confused. “We need to talk.”

“Yeah we do.” I say, walking passed him to get something to eat from the kitchen since I hadn’t eaten since that morning.

“Now.”

I look at him. “Excuse me?”

“We need to talk. Now. It’s important.”

“So is our relationship. Our time together. My concert just a couple hours ago! What happened Jonghyun? Why are you home? I thought you were busy!” I yell, slamming the fridge and walking into the living room to see all of the members sitting on the couch looking a little uncomfortable.

“Please sit.” Jonghyun says, walking past me stonily.

I obey.

Jonghyun stands in front of us stiffly, wringing his hands with his head down. Finally, he sighs.

“I’ve been planning on how to tell you guys this for the past couple of weeks, but I never knew how to say it until now.” He finally looks up as Key walks up to stand beside him, and took Key’s hand in his.

“I think I’m…gay. With Key.”

 

~~~~~

Anyeong! Well, I've been planning this section for so long its not even funny! I coud not wait to get this written I was afraid i would forget! Well, this is the second to last chapter, chapter 15 will be the last one, and will be split up into two parts! I hope you guys enjoy the rest of this! :)