Chapter 10

Dreaming of Forever

 

            “Please, consider it.” Manager Do said, as he sat across from me in his large office in the SM Entertainment building.

            “I will. Your offer is very tempting, but I need to talk to Jonghyun to see how he would like it.” I give him an apologetic look as I stood up.

He stands up also. “I understand, Katerina. Hopefully you’ll be able to get back to me soon?” He holds out his hand for me to shake, looking at me hopefully.

            I smile and take his hand. “By the end of the day, guaranteed. I really hope Jonghyun says OK to this. I know he would appreciate me following my dream. When is the seminar again?”

            “In two days. It’s a few hours away from here, and all expenses will be paid, and it is-I think- two days long? You would get there, go to the seminar the next day, and then come back home the day after that.”

            “Understood. It was nice to meet you. I would be happy to work under you, if Jonghyun approves.”

            “You being an artist here would be just the thing SM needs. And with what you sound like, and all of your talents, you would probably only be a trainee for two years. Maybe even one!” He smiles excitedly, then his eyes widen. “Oh! I almost forgot. Do you remember that song you sang with Jonghyun on that show you did last week? It’s going viral! Everyone wants it! What the president wanted to do was put it on SHINee’s new album that is coming out soon. Would you be all right with that? I understand if you aren’t, but the song would make good money, and you would get paid also! It would be the perfect thing to jumpstart an almost-rookie like you! It would shoot you up into the stars!” He waves his hands across the air, motioning to the sky.

            “I would love for SHINee to have our song on their album. It wouldn’t really matter if I got the money or not. I have plenty.” I thank him graciously, and he looks at me curiously.

            “How much do you have?” He asks, cocking his almost bald head to the side.

            “Enough to last me a while.” I smile. He looks at me expectantly, and I sigh. “$ 9.” He stares. “Million.” I look away. He gapes at me. “Holy-“

            “Please don’t say anything! Not even Jonghyun knows! I have to keep it a secret. It’s my getaway money just in case something happens!”

            He narrows his eyes. “Like what?”

            I shrug. “Anything. I just want to keep it a secret. Please.”

            He stays quiet for a minute, his arms crossed, contemplating, and then sighs. “Fine. But what would you do with all of the money that you are going to get from your music?”

            “I’m going to spend every penny of it like there is no tomorrow. If I honestly have to, I will use money from my secret stash, but it would be highly unlikely.”

            “Understood. Now go. I want to know what your answer is about the seminar for trainees!” He pushes me out of his office, and shoos me off.

 

~~~<***>~~~~

            “WHAT?” Jonghyun stares at me, than pulls me into a bear hug, swinging me around. “I’m so happy for you! You need to go to that seminar! I can’t believe you accepted to being a trainee! It would be amazing to have you become an idol! Then we can share song lyrics, and do duets, and share comeback stages!” He sets me down and kisses me. “You’re going!” He says, walking to the living room, calling Manager Do to tell him the good news. He comes back a few minutes later. “It’s all set! When do you leave?”

            I sigh. “In two days. It’s also two days long.”

            Jonghyun deflates a little. “That soon? At least it’s only going to be two days.” He looks down and starts pacing our room. “No, that won’t do either. I don’t want you gone that long. Is it too late to change our minds?”

            I shake my head. “Well if it makes you happy, it would be the perfect time to have a bachelor party! You won’t be unmarried anymore, so you can throw a party or go have fun with the rest of the group if you want. It will help keep your mind off of me?” I say, proposing the idea.

            “I vote we go to a bar!” Onew calls from the hallway.

            “Can’t! I’m too young, and you’re taking me with you!” Taemin calls back.

            The rest of the group starts to discuss where they would go, while Jonghyun and I continue to have our conversation.

            He frowns. “It wouldn’t be fun without you.”

            I smile. “It’s not supposed to be with me.”

            He sits down on the bed, depressed. “Fine. I’ll let you go. But I’m going to talk to Manager Do about talking to my manager so they can talk about our schedules to where we can be together whenever we are free. If you’re busy, then I’m busy. If you’re free, then I’m free. There is no other way around it. Understand?”

“You got it.”

            “Good.” He grabs my hand and starts to drag me out the door. “Now, let’s go out to dinner. I want to spend as much time with you as I possibly can before you leave.”

            “Wait, wait, wait.” I say trying to pull back. “I’m only going to be gone for two days. You’ll live.”

            Jonghyun holds on even tighter, grabbing both of our coats from the entryway. “No, I won’t. Now come.” And he pulls me out of the apartment.

 

~~~<***>~~~

Kat’s POV

I sat in the waiting area of the Icheon Airport, while Manager Do chatted away about all of the different styles of singing, and concepts that I could approach when I got back from the seminar.

            “The teachers and speakers there will give all of the helpful tips to show you which concept would fit you best when you first start out. Don’t be surprised if yours is karate or cooking or something, since you have talent in both of those.”

A loud voice comes on over the intercom. “Flight 242 is now boarding. Flight 242 is now boarding.”

            My flight.

            We both stand up and walk over to the flight attendants to hand them my ticket.

            “I will be here to pick you up and take you home when you come back alright?”

            I nod, and he smiles. “Have fun! Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions, understood?”

            “Got it!” I say, nodding, then board the plane. I look for my seat and smile at the good luck of my getting a window, then relax into the chair, and sigh. I wonder what Jonghyun is doing right now, I wondered.

 

~~~<***>~~~

Jonghyun’s POV

            The colored lights in the room weaved in and out of each other, and loud music pounded in my ears. A woman pours another shot for me, leaning way to close with her low cut shirt, to show off her cleavage, and says , “Drink up.”

            Key and the other guys, with girls on their arms start yelling, “Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots!” Over and over again, and I down my tenth one, holding up the cup as if it were a prize. I knew I was drunk, but I didn’t care. I just wanted more.

            “Hey! You! Baby! Pour me another!” I shouted lazily to the woman bartender with the big chest. She walks over and just as she was about to pour me another shot, I leaned over the bar and kissed her with as much passion as I could muster in my drunken stupor. There were two things I knew after that.

            She was a good kisser, and she was coming home with me.

 

~~~<***>~~~

Kat’s POV

As I rode the elevator up to my apartment, everything smelled of liquor.

            Everything.

            It seemed to be seeping into my pours. The only time I touched liquor was when I was cooking with it. I’d never had a drink in my life. The elevator dropped me off of my floor, and the smell got worse. It wasn’t that strong, but it was definitely noticeable. I walked to my door, unlocking it. I tried to push it open, but something seemed to be holding it shut. I finally managed to push it open a little to let myself in and reveal what was holding it closed. A woman in black four inch heels, a short black skirt an dressy shirt that was way to see through for my liking was passed out in front of the door. I gasped and checked her pulse to realize that she was in fact alive, and was probably passed out from being too drunk because she reeked of alcohol.

            The whole apartment did. I walked through the hallway to reveal strung over the couch like a piece of string, passed out, and two other girls on the floor beside him.

            I walked into the kitchen to set my purse down on the counter and saw the fridge wide open and all of the food pushed out onto the floor to make room for the sleeping Taemin inside of it.

            Why couldn’t they just sleep in their beds?

            Because they were all most likely drunk. But I didn’t know how that applied to Taemin. They must have snuck him some.

            Or  a lot.

            In the dining room was another woman asleep on top of the table, cuddling with the bouquet of fake flowers that I had put in a vase as a decoration. Realization started to set, and panic filled me. I dropped my suitcase and ran for mine and Jonghyun’s room, throwing the door open with a slam.

            In his bed was, of course, was a shirtless Jonghyun.

            And another girl, who was indeed, very .

 

~~~~~~~~

Im sorry for making you into a monster Jongie! Oh well! Its part of the story. This is the beginning of the more itense chapters you will ever read! I'm hoping to reach a total of 15 chapters efore I finish the story. I hope everyone is liking it so far? Please comment on the story!

I NEED YOUR COMMENTS

Thanks!