Chapter 19

Dreaming of Forever

October 15th, 2014

Key’s POV

“Jonghyun? Are you awake?”

“Mmm…what?”

“We need to talk.”

“But its… 2 in the morning.” He says, leaning over me in bed to look the clock, his touch making me shiver.

“Jonghyun…” I say uneasily.

“Fine, okay. What’s up?” He sits up on one elbow and looks at me. I stare at him and admire his toned body. The way his biceps flexed when he sat like that set me on fire, but I couldn’t think about that now.

“Last night…”

“Was I… saying her name again?” He asks quietly.

I hesitate, then nod and he curses softly, laying back down. “What the hell… I thought I was over her.”

“Maybe you aren’t.”

“there’s no way I couldn’t be… I’m with you!”

“People make mistakes.” I remind him quietly.

“Not this time.” He refuses.

“Jonghyun…”

“No.”

“Jonghyun, stop…”

“No, Key don’t-“

“Jonghyun.” I say his name loudly to get his attention.

“We should break up.”

His shoulders sag, and he takes a deep breath.

“Who do you dream about?” I ask him slowly, but not demanding.

No answer.

“Jonghyun…”

No answer.

“Jonghyun…” I say a bit more forcefully.

“Kat!” He bursts out. “Kat! That’s all I ever think about is Kat! I can’t get her out of my freaking head, like she died and decided to live in my head or something. She won’t go away.” He pleas to me.

“Do you love me?”

He sputters over the sudden question.

“Jonghyun.” I say, putting my hand to his face. “It’s alright if you don’t. It’s not easy, but do you love me? Answer the question.”

He hesitates, and then looks at me, the answer in his eyes.

I nod, understanding. “That’s what I thought.” I drop my hand and lean back.

“Key-“

“Jonghyun.” I say, rolling my head over to face him.

“Find her.”

He sighs, and then nods. “OK.”

~~~

December 19th, 2014

12:34 AM

I wake up with a gasp to a feeling like a river was running out of me.

I knew exactly what was happening.

I grab a bag and start to put all of my baby stuff inside.

Some diapers. Check.

Wipes. Check.

Formula. Check.

Bottles. Check.

Binkies. Check.

A blanket. Check.

A onesy. Check.

I hobbled over to my closet, pulling a pair of sweatpants on carefully, and an extra large Seoul University shirt to cover my bulging stomach. Pulling on a pair of slippers, I grab my phone and call Chen.

“Hello?” A perky voice said.

“Chen! Get over NOW.” I say.

“Why? It’s mid- Oh my god! Is it happening?” He asks hurriedly. I can hear shuffling and mumbling in the background.

“Yes its happening! Now get your over here with a car as fast as freaking possible and get me to the hospital!” I say, pacing my living room.

“On my way!” he says, and then quickly hangs up.  Less than 10 minutes later, someone barges through my door.

“Jesus, what took you so long? I called you like an hour ago!” I yell at him as he helps me up the stairs so I don’t roll back or anything.

“10 minutes ago.” He corrects me patiently.

“Right, whatever. We just need to hurry!” I say, finally making it to the door, and rushing to the elevator.

“Don’t you want to take the stairs?” He says heading off in that direction.

“Not unless you want me to roll down them like a ball.” I say, bouncing my leg impatiently, with my hand on my stomach.

As we step into the elevator, and it drops down to the bottom floor, I ask him, “So did you run any red lights on your way over here?” I ask Chen while basically jogging through the lobby.

“Let’s just say I probably owe a lot of money to the law right now, and need to pay some repairs on people’s cars.”

“Did you drive?” I ask incrediously.

“Nope.” He shakes his head, and then smiles mischievously as he held the door to the car open for me. “My driver did.”

“should I be worried about you killing my child?” I ask loudly for the driver to hear.

“Yes ma’am.” He replies, smiling through the back mirror, which reflected the face of Xuimin back at me.

“Chen!” I say smacking his arm as our “driver” pulled away from my building and into the night life traffic at lightning speed. “I told you not to tell anybody!”

“Don’t worry!” He says holding his hands up. “It was only Xuimin! And also so he would drive us to the hospital and not question on why I was leaving so late.”

I glare at him.

“Don’t worry Kat! I won’t tell a soul! If anyone asks though, what do I tell them?”  Xuimin asks me.

“I adopted.” I say urgently. “It was a newborn, so Chen is helping me raise him as a fatherly figure.” I say, using the words that Chen hated the most. “Sorry.” I say looking at him.

“It’s fine!” He waves it off. “Is there any way to get to the hospital faster? He asks our driver, who was stuck behind a long line of cars.

“Not unless you want me to kill a few people.” He shakes his head.

“We’ll pay for their funerals! Now go, go, go!” He makes a shooing motion as the light turns green.

~~~

We eventually make it to the emergency entrance to the hospital a few minutes later, with minimal deaths, and all rush through the doors. We walk up to the clerk at the front desk.

 “I’m about to have my baby.” I say quickly to her. She looks at me in alarm and brings a wheelchair around the desk.

“Please! Sit!” She pulls me down into the chair. “We will get a nurse to wheel you into your own room in a minute, and a doctor to see if your contractions have started.” She nods at me then runs back around the desk to make a phone call.

A minute later, a young woman who looks around 40 comes through the doors near the waiting room where some people were seated, and pushes my wheelchair through. She leads us all through a series of hallways to an elevator that takes us to the 5th level, while explaining some of the procedures.

“You can go a natural way without pain relievers, or you can use the medication. A common way that is used to get the baby out if it doesn’t come the first way is a sea section which is where we cut your stomach open to get the child out. A water baby is also popular, where the patient has the baby in a bath of water, to rinse them off as soon as they come out.”

“Ugh, please stop talking about this stuff. It’s making me uncomfortable.” Xuimin says, plugging his ears.

“Xuimin,” I say patiently, the pain finally getting to me. “Please take example from Chen, or I will rip your head off.” I say this last part through clenched teeth, and the nurse laughs.

“She’s going to be feisty.” She explains to the men beside me, as I breath heavily to try and get used to the pain. “I would recommend not doing anything or she will find a way to turn it offensive, and truly rip your head off.” She smiles.

Xuimin and Chen look at me, horrified.

“This is why men use protection.” Chen says quietly.

“Men are screw ups who can find nothing better to do in life than get innocent girls pregnant.” I say, breathing slowly, as the nurse softly recommended to me.

“Harsh.” Xuimin says.

“Shut your mouth.” I say to Xuimin, shooting him a glare.

“Said and done.” He holds his hands up in surrender.

We make it up to the 5th floor after what seemed like a million years (to me) and the nurse wheels me into a room where she instructs the boys to wait outside while she helps me get the hospital gown on, and helps me into the bed.

“The doctor will be with you as soon as he can.” She says, bowing, then leaving the room. A few minutes later, and woman walks into the room, with brown hair in a perfect bun and glasses perched on the end of her pointed nose.

“Hello Ms. Hatori.” She says politely, hanging the clip board on the end of my bed and wheeling a seat up next to me. “How has your night been so far.”

“Fan-freaking-tastic.” I say, and she laughs.

“I see your contractions have already started.”

“You bet they have.” I close my eyes and try to relax a little.

“Well, we need to wait a little longer until they have reached a certain point. Until then, we can give you some medication?” She looks at me questioningly and I nod. “Gimme gimme gimme.” I repeat over and over.

She laughs again. “Yes ma’am.” She says, before leaving the room.

A few minutes later, she comes back with the medication, and I take it greedily.

~~~

A couple hours later

2:47 AM

“Push, Kat push!” The same doctor with the perfect bun that was now falling out of place said to me.

My whole body felt like it was on fire.

Sweat ran down my face.

“I can see the head!” Another doctor yells.

“One more! As hard as you can! You’re almost there! Come on, Kat!” The doctor yelled at me encouragingly, and I gave one last push as hard as I could, before I felt instant relief, and the room was filled with a gurgled scream, and crying.

“It’s a boy!” The doctor holds the baby up and cuts his umbilical cord.

“Ahh!” The room sighs, and the doctor cleans up the child with a towel before handing him to me. I smile at the baby in front of me as he quiets down and looks at me with big brown eyes and a small patch of black hair on top, while sticking a hand inside his mouth. I sigh.

“He’s the most beautiful thing I’ve had ever set my eyes on.” I whisper.

“What are you going to name him?” Chen startles my thoughts as him and Xuimin walk into the room. He leans down beside me and the child latches onto his finger.

I look up at him to see him smiling at me. “Kim Jin Ho.”

I looks back at the baby. “That’s the perfect name for him.”

“I know.”

Chen ruffles my hair. “You did good.” He smiles at me, and kisses my forehead. “I’ll see you soon, OK?”

I nod, and the two leave the room.

 

~~~~

Hello everybody! This is the first time that i have ever done a double update! I wrote chapter 18, updated, wrote chapter 19, then im updating again! I couldn;t help it! I just wanna say thanks for everyones support in this story! All of your comments and views and suscribers and subbies and seeing people upvote it has really wared my heart. I never thought that they would get that high! The next chapter is going to be the last one. I hope you all are prepared! :) Big drama scene is coming.

 

Isn't that like every chapter actually? :P thanks so much guys <3