Chapter 13

Dreaming of Forever

March 9th, 2014

“Alright. Show me a double 360 rotation flip landing on one foot, preferably your right.”

“Do I have a starting position?”

“Left punch, right punch, left side kick, right left kick, jumping double kick then the flip.”

“Understood sensei.” I bow to my karate master and do as I was told. I landed the combo perfectly.

My first day of training was going perfectly.

“Brilliant! You truly are a one-of-a-kind! I have not seen such a combo perfected to so easily. Simply wonderful.” The short, man with a bald head and a long grey beard clapped his hands together in delight.

I bowed to him. “Thank you, master.”

“Well, I think we have had enough for today. Keep exercising. You may leave.” He bows to me, and I bow back then head for the women’s locker room.

Picking up my phone, I noticed that it was only 12, when practice was supposed to go until 12:30. I shrugged. At least I would have more time for lunch.

As I changed out of my uniform for karate, I called Jonghyun.

“Hello?”

“Hey. Are you busy?”

“Just practicing some dances with the boys. Why?”

“I got out of karate early. Maybe you want to go get lunch with me?”

Silence. “I already made plans with Key.”

“Oh. That’s alright! There is always another time.”

“Yeah. Sorry!”

“It’s fine. I’m hanging up now, alright?”

“OK! I love you.”

“Love you too.”

Click.

Since when did he start eating with Key?

Oh well. Nothing that could have been done. I pick up my duffle bag and leave the building.

 

~~~<***>~~~

March 9th, 2014  11 P.M.

“Yah! What happened today? I thought you were supposed to get home around 4!” Jonghyun stood in foyer of the apartment, blocking me from entering the rest of the home.

“I’m sorry. Things took a lot longer than expected today. My language lesson lasted 2 hours longer than planned which put off my life skills class. After that, I had to wait with Mr. Do for SISTAR. We had to meet up with them and their manager from Starship Ent. That lasted until 10, and the restaurant that we went to was far way so it took me an hour to get home.” I say, taking my shoes off and walking passed him into the rest of the house, dropping my bag in our room so I could change into my running outfit.

“Why were you meeting up with SISTAR?” Jonghyun asks, leaning against the doorframe.

“They want me to do a duet with Hyorin as an opening at their next couple of concerts.” I say tying my hair up in a pony.

“WHAT? That’s amazing! Congrats at already getting a huge job as a trainee! What song are you going to be singing?”

Hello, Goodbye.”

“Ahh, that’s a good song. Where is it from again?”

“My Love from Another Star.”

“That is a good drama.”

“Mhm.” I say. “I’m going out for a run OK? I’ll be back in a bit.”

“Why are you always going on runs? You have that exercising class don’t you?”

“Yeah, but they want me to exercise on my own also. I’ll be back.” I give him a quick kiss on the cheek and walk out.

Jonghyun’s POV

“Key!” I call just as the door slams shut.

“Yeah?” He yells from the living room.

“Come here. I need to talk to you.”

He appears at the door of my room.

“I think Kat is doing something. She goes on these really late runs all the time even though she now has that exercising class as a trainee. Let’s follow her.”

“Jonghyun-“

“Hurry!” I say pushing him towards the door. “We are going to lose her!”

Kat’s POV

I rush down the stairs to make sure that Jonghyun doesn’t see me.

“I think Kat is doing something. She goes on these really late runs all the time even though she now has that exercising class as a trainee. Let’s follow her.”

I go on runs, and listen to music. That’s about as suspicious as it gets.

As I rush down the stairs, I form a plan on how to get Jonghyun back for thinking such things. I pull out my phone and click on a contact as I leave the building.

“Hello?”

“Chen?”

“Ah Ms. Kat! It is about time you called me! I was thinking you were never going to do it.”

“Listen I need your help. Are you a good actor?”

“Of course! What do you need?”

I begin my jog at a slow pace, listening for any signs of Jonghyun and Key behind me.

“Jonghyun thinks I’m doing something since I go in late runs. Will you help me trick him?”

“What do you have in mind?”

“He’s following me right now, so let’s meet up. Bring me a suspicious looking package thing, I don’t know, but I want you to act like not only are you dealing me drugs, but you’re going to be my boyfriend, got it?”

“I have the sudden urge to tell Baekhyun.”

“Don’t you dare.”

“Got it! I will bring you your suspicious looking package. Now since I will be acting as your boyfriend, be prepared for anything. I want to make this look real. Understand?”

“Got it.”

“Where are we going to meet up?”

I give him directions to a secluded bus stop.

“Alright. See you there in about 10.”

“OK.”

Click.

I plug my headphones back in and make my way to the stop.

 

~~~<***>~~~

As I stood at the bus stop, I look around casually to see if Jonghyun was still here.

A shadow moves behind a large trashcan across a few yards down the street.

Good.

Suddenly, someone steps out of the shadows from an alleyway across the street from me, and quickly makes his way over.

“Chen!” I squeal, and throw my arms around his neck. “I thought you weren’t going to come!”

He wraps his arms around the lower part of my waist, getting dangerously close to my .

“Of course I would come.”

“Did you bring it?” I say, lowering my voice, and making my eyes go wide.

Chen lets go of me and pulls a small square package out of his jacket.

“This?”

I squeal again and jump up and down, taking it from his hands.

“Ooo thank you so much! I have been dying for this!” I throw my arms around his neck, and he embraces me once more.

“Anything for the person I love.” He says, and leans down to kiss me hungrily.

Chen and I talk a bit longer, and then Chen leaves once again. As soon as he was gone, I look around to make sure no one was there, and walk over to the trash can where Jonghyun was hiding behind, and slide the package inside, making sure to make it seem like I was hiding it, and took off towards home, smiling to myself. Chen was not a bad actor at all. He was also a really good kisser. Jonghyun was going to be so mad.

As I made my way inside, I noticed that Key and Jonghyun were not back yet.

“Where’s Key and Jonghyun?” I ask innocently to the rest of the members who were lounging on the couch watching TV, as I made my way into the kitchen to get a drink.

Minho shrugs.

“They left.” Onew says.

“Where?”

“Don’t know.” Taemin answers back.

I nod, and just as I was about to head back to mine and Jonghyun’s room, Key and him walk through the door.

“What is this?”  Jonghyun slams the package down on the table angrily. I lean against the counter coolly.

“Why were you following me?” I ask him, folding my arms.

“Because I knew you were doing this!” He points to the small brown package.

I shake my head. “Open it.”

He picks it up, his eyes flashing with anger as he tears open the brown paper to reveal…

A tissue box wrapped in bubble wrap.

“I’m sorry I forgot to tell you, but I have a serious sinus infection. It’s extremely hard to find good tissues in Seoul.” I say sarcastically.

“What…I thought…” Jonghyun says, dumbstruck.

“What you thought was wrong. I go on runs for my health!” I say.

“Then what was that thing with Chen?!” His anger returns.

“We are good actors huh?’

“What are you talking about?”

“I overheard you and Key talking.” I look at Key pointedly, who raises his hands in defense.

“I didn’t say anything.” He says, and then leaves the room.

“You thought I was doing something suspicious. I called Chen on my way out to see if he could help me get back at you.”

“Why did you kiss him then?”

“Why did you bring that girl home?” I raise an eyebrow.

His mouth drops open. “Did you…”

“Yeah I did.” I say, and start to leave the kitchen. “ to be cheated on doesn’t it? At least I was acting.” I throw over my shoulder. As I enter the room, I pick up my phone to call Chen.

“How did it go?”

“He’s pissed. Mission accomplished.”

Chen laughs. “If I start getting threat letters from him, I’m putting all of the blame on you.”

“Go for it.” I say, smiling. “I have to go. Maybe we could hang out sometime? I want to treat you for helping me.”

“Sure. Just call me. Bye.”

“See you.”

I hang up, and Jonghyun walks in.

“Kat?” He says.

“What?” I cross my arms again.

“I’m sorry for following you. That was really unacceptable and childish of me.”

“Yeah, no kidding.”

“But answer this for me. When you kissed Chen, did it mean anything to you?”

“Not one bit.”

“Good.”

“Are we done here? I want to go to bed.”

“Kat, I’m sorry.”

“You said that all ready.”

“And I mean it.”

“I know, but you stepped a little far over the line in privacy. I’m not exactly willing to accept your apology yet.”

He sighs. “I understand.”

“Good.” I stepped into the shower, feeling bad. I was mad at him for following me, but I didn’t want to see him depressed. He always looks like a lost puppy, and it breaks my heart every time I see his face like that.

As I wrapped myself in a towel and walked back into the room to get dressed for bed, Jonghyun sits up. “Kat?”

“Yeah?”

“Even if you were doing drugs, I would still love you.”

I smile and shake my head. “I know.”

 

~~~~~~~~

Thank you for all of the support you have shown me! I really appreciate everything! Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote if your feeling up to it! I love you all!