Epilogue

Am I Hurting?

Epilogue

My phone alarm went off and I was awakened from my sleep. I didn’t want to get off the bed yet, so I switched my position to lying on my side and scooted closer to the other person on the bed, who surprisingly never woke up by any sort of alarm. I kept moving closer to where Hyukjae was supposed to be with my eyes still shut, frowning when I still couldn't feel nor touch him. And I fell when they were no more space on the bed. I was jolted up and my eyes were wide because of the sudden pull of gravity. But, it didn’t hurt, falling. There wasn’t a thud, but a groan was hurt and I knew why it didn’t.

“Donghae, get off!” Hyukjae croaked out with his sleepy, hoarse voice. At first I planned on doing as he told, but my mind gave a better suggestion. I stayed on top of his back, my face buried in his soft locks as I nuzzled them. “Hae,” he whined, but I chose to ignore it.

I felt him shivered underneath me when my breath hit his nape, “Why are you on the floor?” I asked, my eyes closed as I enjoy the rather comfortable position on top of him.

“I’m on the floor?” he asked, groggy. His voice was slightly muffled since he had half of his face on the floor.

“Yes, you’re on the floor next to our bed, silly. How can you not be awakened if you dropped from it? Such a heavy sleeper,” I said while poking his cheek, couldn’t suppress the chuckles. He was the cutest thing ever. He didn’t answer me and I heard soft snores coming from him, “Hey! Wake up!” I shook him hard from his shoulders. Again he groaned. “You’re so lazy nowadays; I bet your muscles are gone.”

I knew that would wake him up. I almost rolled off his back when he pushed himself up with his arms, but I quickly wrapped mine around his neck. I grinned all the time he was doing push-ups while Iwas on his back, “Who is lazy? My muscles are still as strong and nice as before.”

“But, you’re doing it slowly.” Immediately, he quickened his pace, and I nearly fall off again, “Okay, okay. I got the point. Your muscles are as good as ever,” I placed my head against his, “I love you, and it’s neither because of your abs nor muscles; it's just because you are you.” I emphasized what I meant with a kiss on his cheek. And only then he stopped, but his arms were still holding us up as he craned his head to look at me.

Oh, those cherry red lips were so tempting. I watched him closed his eyes and pursed his lips slightly, and then I shut mine again and was waiting for our lips to make a contact. But it didn’t happen until long then, as the door was opened quite harshly, and Hyukjae’s arms decided to lose their strength now. We fell and finally I got off his back, but stayed lying by his side.

“Why do I always enter your room at the wrong time?” when we looked, Kyuhyun was standing by the door, arms crossed on his chest, his smug face on, and a bag was slung on his shoulder.

Yes, Kyuhyun always spots me and Hyukjae during our so-called intimate moments, just like this one. He even captured some of them without telling us and presented it to Hyukjae on his birthday last week. We were embarrassed, especially Hyuk, but, that feeling never came often now.

I’d been staying with them for quite some time; my relationship with Kyuhyun had become more like good friends now. It wasn’t that way from the beginning; the first month living here, I couldn’t even face him, and he could not stay in the same room as me. But time passes, I got to know him and just like what I promised Hyukjae 4 years ago, I tried forgiving him. And I did. He was a nice brother really, sometimes acted like a brat, sometimes became so clingy. Almost a year living with these two rather bipolar siblings as I labeled them, and I found myself liking this small family we now had. It was really nice being a part of it.

Moving here didn’t mean I abandoned EunHae. I still visited the house sometimes, either with Hyukjae or not, to clean the place up and preserve the memories there. I couldn’t let that special place go, but I just stopped thinking of it as my home. With Hyukjae was my new home, no matter where he went.

“You could have knock, Kyuhyun-ah,” said Hyukjae, sitting up on the floor and rubbed his eyes.

“As if that would make any difference. Now, quick! My class starts in 30 minutes, and if I’m late, you two are not staying in the same room for a whole week, understand? Bye,” that ‘bye’ was so bratty. Kyuhyun decided to continue his studies after living in the house and did nothing for two months. To me, he was an excellent student, so why waste it? But, his motive of going to universiy had change, I believed. Maybe because he had a thing for his lecturer, Lee Sungmin, not like he would admit it any time soon.

We got ready then, me for my work and Hyukjae for his. I was a barista now; still working with Mr and Mrs Dawson, though Hyukjae did offered me a job at his place. It didn’t feel right if I was to quit the job I had; I didn’t want to lose the friendship I had with the two nice, old couple. They were a piece of my past, a remnant of it.

Hyukjae sent Kyuhyun first before he drove me to the café, “Thank you, Hyuk,” I said, moving to open the car’s door, but he grabbed my hand and I turned to look at him, “What?”

“Kiss me.”

I snorted, “You’re such a charming lover. Come here,” I wrapped an arm around his neck and only now did our lips finally met. Now, it wasn’t the French kiss. Just the soft brush of lips, enough to know that it was filled with love. Staring at each other for a moment, I pecked his cheek before I went out of the car. I stood, waving at his car as he drove away.

I walked towards the back door of the café. But, just as I was about to open it, I saw something out of the corner of my eyes.

You.

My Hyukkie, smiling at me just like you always did when I saw you.

I might have started loving someone else, and most probably I love that someone else even more than I love you now. But, I was glad you knew I still spare some space in my heart for you, Hyukkie.

Still, I love you.


The End


And so, our journey ends here. Thank you once again to every single one of you, for going through this ride. Let's see each other somewhere else, kay? You will be missed. 

Love,

Your Author.