Planning and the Petition

The Dancing Prince and the Skating Princess

Currently I'm with my friends. We are all working on a skating routine currently. There is a competition coming soon. It's a Kpop Skating competetions so we all have to skate to a Kpop song. We need to find a song, one that nobody will think of.

"What about something by SHINee?" Cho-Bin asks.

"SHINee is too popular. I bet at least 7 groups will skate to SHINee. We need something different."  Jee-Ra tells Cho-Bin.

"Wait! I know!" Hye-yoon pops up. "Unbreakable by Kim Hyun Joong." She smiles with hope.

"That's great actually!" I agree. "I think we should do it."

"Ok it's settled. I don't object."

"Me either."

"Let's do this."

All of us are at Hye-Yoon's house right now. We are all in a circle in her completely blue room. She has got to be obsessed.

I grab out my sketch pad. Every page has an ice rink. Some have routines from the past and some have ones that I haven't used. I open it up to a new page, grab my pencil and get to work.

"So, I think we should all start out on the ice. We will all be in a formation that looks like the 5 on a domino." I draw 5 dots. "When the sirens start we do the we will do a motion like this." I stand up and show them what I mean. The motion is something Got7 has done in a. I move my body is a circle shifting from leg to leg, as I do this my arms push out.

"Ok!"

I put a '*' on the paper in the beginning and off to the side to show th motion. "When they start yelling 'hey' we brake into cross overs into a circle. We will move in and out, like a pulse." I continue marking my pad. I continue talking while the girls listen to everything I say. "When we get to the chorus we will actually do the dance for the first chorus."

"Oh so you're going to dance willingly?" Mee-Soo asks shocked.

"It's not that I hate dancing, it's just the people who do it. Not everyone but that school proves my point exactly." I tell them truthfully.

We continue talking about the routine and after a while we have it all planed out. We all have a lot to work on, but it's everything I believe we can handle. We have a lot of jumps and quick energetic moves that shows our high spirits. We listen to the song over and over and look over every detail to make sure everything looks perfect.

"Hey, I have an idea." Cho-Bin says.

"Well that's new." Mee-Soo jokes.

"Haha funny." Cho-Bin replies. "But, seriously. That school is overly obsessed with dancing. It does need to stop. I think we should create a petition and have people sign it so that the students who don't want to continue dancing and the students who don't like it have a voice. I know a lot of people don't like it. And I don't think that the school takes in to consideration about other students. EXO basically has control over everything." Cho-Bin finishes.

"Lets get this started." I say with a smirk.

After about and hour and a half we finish this petition.

To Who This May Convern,

It has come to the attention of many students that dancing is very over-rated at here. School is about having funny and learning new things. Dancing everyday in gym class isn't learning. Yes, you may learn new dances, but what are you really learning? In physical education you should be learning about sports. You should be learning how to play soccer, basketball, baseball/softball, ultimate Frisbee, maybe floor hockey and even swimming. Of course these activities can be stimulated through dance, but students are not getting the full physical education they need. Running is an important part, but when is the last time the students actually ran in gym class? They need other things besides dancing.

The art classes have a similar problem. There are paintings and paintings of dancer, mostly ballerinas. In a sculpting class a student did as she was asked but the teacher suggested a ballerina and not a figure skater. Dancing may be very big at the school and you may take pride, but a lot of students don't like dancing. Have you considered what the students want?

I suggest you have the gym teacher ask the students what they want to do in gym class. They need options. Same with the art teacher. Have the students paint abstract paintings are maybe even have them draw a self portrait by looking a mirror. Dancing isn't essential to life so why have such a focus on it?

Thank you for your time.

We print the petition and sign it, ready to go to school and ask others to sign it. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was that? Was it ok? I hope it was. I will be writing more!! Until next time!