See You at the Rink!

The Dancing Prince and the Skating Princess

Hearing the deep voice I turn around a look directly in dark orbs that hold mixed emotions. They seem to be offended and angered. I then look at the actual person. I notice his skin is a little darker than the everyone else. He is taller than me no doubt and his hair blonde surprisingly. He looks quite lean, but very capable of things. He must be a dance, a ballet dancer. That's most likely why he took my comment to an extended level.

I blink a few times and begin to think of a reply. This is going to be a tough situation to get out of no doubt. Here goes nothing. YOLO!!!!!!

"Uhhhh, nothing." I clear my throat. "Nothing at all hehe." I look away.

You wimp!! It isn't like he can hurt you! 

Well, so much for that. I though I had a little more confidence than that, but obviously not. 

I look back at this guy and he is giving a scary confused glare. I let out a little nervous laugh.

"Who are you?" the guy asks.

"Chae-Cha. And you?" I ask him.

"Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai, so I suggest you do too." He smirks.

I know I look like a total idiot staring at him confused, with my mouth hanging open. You see, if you say Kai I say,

"The Gazette!"

Everyone just stares at me with their eyebrows together and confused looks. Obviously they don't know what I'm talking about, which is unfortunate since The Gazette it a pretty good band. You know Jrock and Visual Kei. But I'm guessing it isn't exactly the talk of the school. It's this guy and his friends

The bell rings, causing everyone to jump a little and I begin to pack up faster than lightning. My schedule is so tight that I don't exactly have a lot of time to go home and change. I have to bring everything with me, or my aunt and uncle bring my things with them. I have about an hour before my first 45 minutes of skating actually begin so this is the time I change and begin homework. I don't have a lot of homework yet, but when it happens I have to secretly stay up late. That will throw off my sleep unfortunately, but both school and skating are important to me and my family.

While mumbling a few words I grab the few books for homework and grab my bag and jacket. I throw my bag in my locker so that I can go to the bathroom to change into my skating outfits. I change into my tights, black pants with  a bright purple swirl wrapping around my right leg, a black T-shirt and my black coaching jacket with my name on it. I quickly stuff the clothes from earlier into by backpack so that I can hurry.

I begin to walk faster to the closest exit to the parking lot. I see that Kai or Jongin is at his locker, so speed up so that I can avoid him. I also don't look at him so that I can avoid eye contact. I think I have gone by him but I feel a hand grip my arm and I am slammed into lockers.

"I have no idea who you are, but I WILL figure you out." He smirks.

I hurry away to find my aunt who is in the parking lot. My back stings from the locker but I don't show it.

 

*~*~*

While I skate laps around the rink I feel the cool air flow through my hair. When I jump and spin in the air I feel like a butterfly. When I extend my leg in a spiral I become a graceful swan. When I spin I spin like a tornado but soft like a feather. I do tricky and playful footwork in the shape of a serpent. And when I look out I see nothing, because I see the world differently as a skater. Not a nervous first timer.

"GO CHAE-CHA!" I hear a familiar voice call my name. I snap out of my own world and see my friends. Smiling with excitement filling their eyes.