Let's Get Started

The Dancing Prince and the Skating Princess

Quickly into the session with Hye-Yoon, Cho-Bin, Jee-Ra and Mee-Soo I learn that they all stopped skating when they completed the basic levels. It's unfortunate that the stopped once EXO started to take over the school. But our plan will not fail to show everyone that dancing isn't everything.

"Today's purpose was originally be review, but since you all remember everything pretty well I will start teaching you things bout free-skate or as some call it free-style." I explain to them. "I will start with edges, so follow me." I skate to the boards and stop at the center red line. "You have to do both inside and out. So I just want you to watch firstly." I say. I put my arms up and start in a right foot T start. I push off and as I do edges I explain to them what to do. After I do about 8 I skate back and we begin to work on them. The girls learn quickly and they soon can do those easily.

"You all learn quickly." I smile.

"Well at school we do learn dances in one gym period." Jee-Ra shrugs.

I work with them on backwards three-turns, which they have a hard time with, I remember having a hard time with these. But I held onto the girls' arms to help them keep balance. After maybe 10 more minutes with them they had that down. I check the time and see there is 30 minutes left to open skate session. So I work with them on jumps and spins. I have to girls doing spins and 2 doing jumps. I focus on Hye-Yoon and Jee-Ra, who are jumping. I see that there isn't a lot of trouble with that and that they have a good height. So I help Cho-Bin and Mee-Soo with the spins. The only thing they have to work on is making sure that their arm and foot are together. I have the girls switch and I notice that we all spin the same direction. Unfortunetly for me I was taught to spin and jump the same direction and I wasn't taught the other direction so I just kind of had to stick with it. I made sure to tell the girls and they say that it would make us special to jump the same direction we spin, so I agree and we all work on jumping the same direction as our spins. Since they didn't have a comfort level with the spins we just decided on spinning the same direction.

"So we have maybe 5 minutes left." I tell the girls.

"Wait lets see you skate!" Mee-Soo encouraged.

"What?!" I ask.

"Yeah. Please!"

"I guess I could." I tell them.

So I skate to the booth and plug in my ipod. I press play to a song I once skated to. The vampire waltz. As the piano notes find their way into into the rink I skate quickly and do a Mohawk before I do a mazurka and turn backwards. I go into a spin and slowly raise my leg next to me into a y-spin. When the lyrics slow down my speed slows and I do a backwards charlotte spiral. I do some speedy backwards cross-overs and launch myself into a double loop. After that I do a pearl spin and as the music stops I do a simple pose. The music was cut so that it was shorter then the actual song. I hear claps and a few cheers. I smile with a small blush.

"So, we are going to learn to skate like that?"" Cho-Bin asks excitedly.

"Yup!!" I smile happily at them.

So that is the next chapter in the story! Sorry it isn't very long, but I hope you liked it! If you did comment? Vote? Subscribe? And maybe check out my story on Wattpad? Thank you for reading! I will make the next chapter longer.