⌨ Mission Impossible: Making [Insert name of Male] Laugh

Ideas Set Ablaze! ✌ ✌ ✌ Story & Applyfic Ideas ✌ ✌ ✌ Writing Tips
Mission Impossible: Making [Insert name of boy] Laugh
Taken

"Are you one of those type of people who's suffering from some kind of disease like cancer and aims to do everything on her bucket list before she dies?"

"No, I'm perfectly well and fine."

"Then, why are you dragging me everywhere to accomplish your bucket list?"

"Because you need to smile."

"What?"

I'm a crazy girl. Always been. Always have. Always will be. When I was younger, mothers looked at me and told their children never to befriend me. When I got older, rumors always spread about me like wildfire. When I became an adult, I wasn't very lucky in life. So, what?

I'm a crazy girl. Always been. Always have. Always will be. My father told me that I was grinning ever since I popped out of my mother's womb. He might have been exaggerating but he swears that happened. Alright, I was never one to ask much anyway. I'm never pessimistic. I'm never sad. I'm never mad. I'm never down. I guess that's why I'm always avoided in life. They say happiness is contagious and it's true. People are used to being sad so I'm like a virus that's persistent.

So, I'm on a mission. I'm on a mission to make the saddest person become the happiest person ever. And how you may ask? Well, whoever it is and I are going through my bucket list. And by the end of it, the frowning will be turned into grinning.

I'm a crazy girl. Always been. Always have. Always will be.

Plot Synopsis:

The main character is a girl at the age of twenty-two years old. She's always positive and rather wild. She's irrational and does whatever her heart tells her to do. She doesn't have many friends and everyone seems to avoid her like the plague. She goes to college and does fairly well in her classes. Despite her conditions like an apartment whose rent is almost impossible to pay for despite it being so small, being fired from every single part-time job because of her clumsiness, having no friends around, a sick father at home in another city, and bills and debts she has to pay, she's always happy and grinning.

One day, she sees a guy her age crying in the middle of the night at the Han River after she was finished with her work at the bar. She recognizes him as the popular kingka in her university. He's quiet and stoic and tends to be very aloof so no one can actually get very close to him. He doesn't open up much and even his friends don't know much about him. He's absolutely cold and has a bad temper. But he's good-looking, rich and smart earning him a lot of admirers. However, he has never smiled.

He has no clue who she is while she only knows that he's popular and an ice prince. At first, she just walks past him with the mindset that he's just having a rough day and she can't really do anything about it since she's a stranger to him. The next day at school, she's always looking at him and wondering why he always looks so sad. A few days past and the same thing happens every night when she's off work. She sees him crying in the middle of the night at the Han River. She can't take it anymore. She makes up her mind to do something about it and comes up with an idea about a bucket list. She creates a bucket list and the next time she sees him crying, she's holding a small notebook and she approaches him with determination.

At first, he's very cold towards her. He just yells at her, telling her to leave him alone and go away and calls her names. But she doesn't budge and just keeps smiling at him while holding out the notebook to him. He then stops and thinks that she's a weird and crazy girl. He sees the notebook and wonders why she's holding it out towards him. He opens it and sees that it's a list of things that she wants to do. None of them are crossed out or marked off so he notes that it is a bucket list. Then, he wonders what is her purpose for showing him her bucket list.

She tells him of her plan. She declares to him that he's the saddest person in the world while she's the happiest person in the world. She says that the both of them will complete this bucket list and by the end of it, her goal is to make him happy again. She doesn't want him to cry because she's been seeing him cry all the time whenever she passes him after work and she's sick of it. He calls her crazy and runs away but the next day at school, he sees her and she's grinning at him, purposely holding the notebook so that he could see it. He thinks about it and decides why not since he needs to have fun once in a while. That night, he agrees to her plan and tells her that the deal is off once she makes him laugh, which he claims is extremely difficult. She accepts and they start accomplishing everything on that bucket list.

Throughout this, they both learn a lot about each other. He learns about why she's always so happy and her issues and why she has no friends. She learns why he's always so sad and why he's always crying in the middle of the night at the Han River. She also learns more about him than his friends. He starts to hang out with her more and look forward to accomplishing the bucket list. It comes to the point where he's rarely seen with the popular crowd and always hangs around her, which is bound to set off a lot of hatred towards her and not him.

However, through this, will the both of them find more than happiness with this deal? Will accomplishing the bucket list earn her not only his laugh but his love? Will the ice prince open up to the crazy, positive girl to find that she's his happiness? Or will her plan fail because of the obstacles headed their way?

Genre: romance, comedy, drama, fluff, slice of life, angst, school life

Rating: PG13

Characters: The Main Girl (Female Idol/OC), The Ice Prince (Male Idol/OC), The Ice Prince's Friends, His Admirers, Her Father, His Family

Inspiration: The meaning of a bucket list, Winner's 'Smile Again'

Additional Notes: This is a very funny story to write about. One, it's very flexible because you could come up with anything on the bucket list. You could add cute stuff like at the end, you could add a scene where he remembers the bucket list not being fully complete and she's flustered and says that it is. But then he corrects her by snatching the notebook away from her and revealing that the last item on her bucket list is to lose her first kiss to someone she loves. Kya! That's cute. Or you could add stuff like things that he has never tried before because he's rich like eating street food or doing certain stuff. Two, even though it's quite flexible to a point, there is a plot that will never allow you to defer away from the main goal of the story which is to make whoever the make lead is laugh. It'll be easier to write without forgetting your original purpose. Three, it gives an opportunity for both characters to learn about each other and the readers to learn about them as well. That way, one character is not less mysterious than the other. Four, even though it's supposed to end with him laughing, you could add more. You could add stuff like how she's supposed to be happy that he laughed but she's sad because she won't be able to spend much time with him anymore. Or after he laughs they never see each other much and they really miss each other. This is where you have to use your creativity to find a reason to bring them back together again. Lastly, the main girl's happiness has to be realistic. What I mean is, there has to be a point in the story where even she can't be happy or she cries or she's sad. She can't be happy throughout. You might want to make the male lead take notice of her happiness. Let him take note that at some points she's genuinely happy whereas at other points she's faking it or forcing it.

It's a good story and if someone else wrote it, I'll be a huge fan of the story. It's not cliché because the reason behind the bucket list is not because she has cancer or something but because she wants to make someone else happy. Something you don't see everyday. ;)

Status: Taken by TheStarsAcross [story link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/640164]