⌨ Mr. Right is Online!

Ideas Set Ablaze! ✌ ✌ ✌ Story & Applyfic Ideas ✌ ✌ ✌ Writing Tips
Mr. Right is Online!
Available

"You, my friend, need a boyfriend! ASAP!"

My life was always plain and dull and just...ugh. I'm not going to lie.

I guess I've always been such a bookworm and a hardworker that I never really thought much about my social life. Unlike my best friend, whom I'm so lucky to even have despite my social awkwardness, she enjoys the nightlife and definitely parties. She's like a bat; she's very nocturnal.

Then again, relationships have never been a big stake in my life. I mean, friendships and business relationships are one thing. But romantic relationships? A boyfriend? Someone to lean on? Someone who I can trust wholeheartedly? Someone who's strong and manly?

How about...no? I'm not a socialite; I'm a young and hardworking secretary of Jae Soo Coporations*. I don't date; I don't have the time to. I don't flirt; I don't know how to. I'm not pretty; I have glasses and hair that is always in a tight bun. I'm not fashionable; I wear work clothes everyday. I'm not the greatest cook; I can still cook a meal without poisoning myself. I'm not funny; I can't tell jokes. I'm not interesting; I'm dull and plain.

So, a boyfriend for me is a huge no-no. But my best friend has pushed me (peer pressure at its best I tell you) to join this online dating site called 'therightone.com'. Apparently, it's this popular and well-known dating site that matches you with people and you just chat online. You only meet face-to-face if both parties accept. I was skeptical at first but then she said, "Like, girl, you need some dangerous spice in your life." And so, I signed up for it...unless I wanted my hide drop-kicked by my best friend instead. Her words, not mine.

With her 'marvelous' help, I managed to create a different person of myself online. She said that we didn't have to show our faces so I didn't. She said that it was just chatting online and as long as I didn't type something stupid, I could lie all I want. Two days into it, I finally got a message by someone. It was this guy with the most interesting username and the most fascinating messages. It was like we matched. Our likes, our dislikes, our hobbies, our opinions, they all matched.

Now, here's the big problem. I think I'm in love with this guy online whom I don't even know. But then, yes, there is a but, there's three other guys. One guy is my new CEO, the son of the old guy who used to be the CEO. The second guy is a new employee in the fiance department who works under the fiance head as his secretary. And the last guy is this model or actor guy who hangs out at the building and in the CEO's office because they're best bros.

Oh, so three guys in my life, what's the huge problem about this? Well, these three guys share so much in common with the guy online...which gives me the feeling that this guy online is one of them. And I am in love with one of them.

Just who?

Plot Synopsis:

The main character is a dull and uninteresting secretary at Jae Soo Corps (Of course, you can change the name of the company). She's around 23-24 and she's been working there for about two years now. She's a workaholic and a socially awkward person so she doesn't have many friends. She has never had a boyfriend in her entire life. Meet her best friend who's the same age as her and even the same height as her but utterly different from her. Her best friend is wild, a party animal, fashionable, daring, fun, charming, and pretty. She's weird and crazy which is why so many guys like her. That and she has a pretty sweet body.

At the age of 23-24, this best friend is convinced that the main character needs a boyfriend soon. So, she pushes her to sign up for this site called 'therightone.com'. It is an online dating site that finds your match and you just chat online only. You don't have to reveal identities or personal information. It's just chatting unless both parties accept to see each other in real life. She reluctantly agrees and with her best friend's help creates a different person online. Online, this average secretary is a perfect and bold woman online.

Two days later and she gets her first message by a male older than her by two years. They start to chat online and they hit it off really well. They chat easily and the person online begins to become her confidant. Easily, this innocent secretary begins to fall in love with this mystery man online despite his unknown identity. However, she's too shy to ask him whether she could meet him outside of the online life.

Then, the real problem begins. A month after she realizes her love for this online Mr. Right, three different guys enter her life. One of them is the son of the ex-CEO of her company. Because the previous CEO had retired, he has appointed his son as the company's CEO even though it's not really what his son wants to do. Despite that, he tries to respect his father's wishes and takes the job anyway. He deals with jealous family members, an unwanted job, and a dead ex-girlfriend whom he's trying to get over. He's not overly aloof or cold but he's a workaholic and serious most of the time especially in the work environment.

The second guy is a new employee in the fiance department who works under the fiance head as his secretary. This guy is funny and the life of any conversation. He's new to the company but he has talents that even the CEO is considering on moving him up a position or even more. He's humble with his talents though. He deals with heavy bills and debts especially the possibility of moving out of his home soon, a sick younger sister in the hospital, and the claws of the females in the office. He's fun and amiable and likes to randomly speak to strangers to get to know them more. Hence, how he knows the main girl very well.

The last guy is not an employee in the building but rather a very famous model and actor. The only reason why he hangs out around the office is because the security guards keep his fans away from him and he gets to hang out with his best friend, the new CEO. He deals with the tiring life of a celebrity, a family who doesn't want him back, and an ex-girlfriend (she dumped him because he wasn't famous) who won't stop until she has him back for her own reputation and benefits. However, this dude is a whackjob. He does the weirdest things ever, gets into quite a lot of trouble, has a hard time working with people who don't agree with him, and basically acts mostly like a child. While his best friend goes along with his jokes, pranks, and trouble-making, a lot of people don't. You can compare his personality to the one of Byung Hee's in 'Shut Up! Flower Boy Band'.

However, all three of these guys no matter how different they are, they all share certain things that connect them to this online Mr. Right. Like all of them are two years older than her. All of them like a certain book series. All of them like certain types of music. And this confuses the main girl. She's sure that one of them is her online Mr. Right but just who is it? Is it the serious but affectionate new CEO? Is is the furry ball of fun new employee? Or is it the crazy yet charming actor?

When she starts to see other sides of her supposed Mr. Right, will she still fall for him or will she fall for another guy? And when these three guys find themselves having feelings for this boring and uninteresting secretary, how will things fare?

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fluff, Mystery (?)

Rating: PG13

Characters: The Main Girl, The New CEO, The New Employee, The Famous Actor, The Best Friend, The CEO's family, The CEO's dead girlfriend, The Employee's sister, The Actor's ex-girlfriend, The Actor's family 

Inspiration: I thought about after seeing so many dating ads on TV.

Additional notes: I'm going to make this short since you have a behemoth of an essay up there. 

. Focus of the story is the identity of the Mr. Right

. Side focus: How the main girl considers herself dull but she is charming in her own way

. Main Girl: When I say dull and plain and boring, you don't have to make it that way. I mean, she thinks she's uninteresting and average when she's actually quite charming in her own way. Because she's been working and studying for so long, she's never got a chance to shine. But she has her own quirks that cause these three males to like her.

. New CEO: Yes, mainly CEOs in other stories are cold and aloof. This guy is not. He just takes work seriously and doesn't like slacking off. But he has a soft side and a gentlemanly side to him as well. He is also affectionate at times and doesn't mind skinship. I mean, his best friend is a whackjob who s him in the most awkward places ever...yeah.

. New Employee: He's fun and always positive. However, you could also describe him as a character that smiles but sometimes doesn't do it genuinely. He has troubles with his finances and his sick little sister. But this guy is also a charming little cute puppy whom all the older women in the office can't deny. I'd say he's a mix of Gongchan, Zelo, Jungkook, and Hyuk. Yes, he's that cute.

. Famous Actor: He's not arrogant. He's not stuck-up. he's just crazy confident and crazy crazy. Yes, I typed that twice. If any of you watched 'Shut Up! Flower Boy Band' (Infinite L's in there, I know), you would know Byung Hee (who got __lled in episode 2). This actor guy is the replica of Byung Hee's whackjob personality. If you need reference, just watch the first two episodes of the drama and you'll get enough information. By the way, I suggest you get some tissues for Episode 2.

. You have to choose who is the Mr. Right. This is kind of like the Love Rewind story idea where there were two dudes but you had to give them equal fluff and love moments. Instead, you can give them different amounts of love and fluff but you have to provide hints to your readers as well. Keep them guessing who the Mr. Right is! 

I think that's all. Yup, I really like this idea since it's fresh and fun! 

Status: Available