⌨ The Royal Switch

Ideas Set Ablaze! ✌ ✌ ✌ Story & Applyfic Ideas ✌ ✌ ✌ Writing Tips
The Royal Switch
Taken

Back when females were meant to stay at home to be trained as the perfect wives, back when males were the sole bread winner of the family, back when marriages were out of political advantage, there were two different yet similar people. 

The Royal Princess. The sole daughter of the emperor. The only hope for them to live through this war. The lovely and rumored beauty of the Korean peninsula. Cultured and disciplined to be the most perfect wife ever.

The Poor Pauper. The orphan. The rebel who ran through the streets causing trouble everywhere. The loud mouthed and beauty of the Korean peninsula...streets. Bad-mannered and opinionated, deemed to never ever be married ever.

Two females of two absolutely different statuses but connected by two things only. Blood and appearance. And separated by a flower birthmark on Royal Princess' right shoulder.

From a coincidental meeting in the streets, the two conspire a perfect plan. A switch in places.

While the pauper wants to live the high and mighty royal life, the princess wants to see the world outside her palace walls. While one wants to be treated like royalty, the other wants to go on adventures. While one wants to escape the streets, the other wants to escape an arranged marriage with the Prince of China.

However, this dangerous switch has its conseqeunces. Learning about their twisted childhood with the separation from birth, the corruption in the palace, the hardships of the streets and royalty, a whole lot of trouble, a huge mess of fun, and the confusing word called love?

My, this royal switch isn't as simple as it seems!

Plot Synopsis

The main characters are two females who are both the same age (19-21 years old) and share the same appearance but not the same name. Both of them are twins actually but separated from birth. The Royal Princess is kind, gentle, soft-spoken, well-mannered, and a goody-two-shoes. The Pauper is loud-mouthed, bad-mannered, clumsy, tough, and a rebel. Both are different in terms of personalities but they look the same and have the same age. 

Every single day, the Pauper dreams of living like the royals. She's poor and she has no choice but to steal food for money. You would compare her personality to Aladdin. She has nothing yet she scours the streets happily every day even though she dreams of being treated like a royal. She's joined by her best friend (male idol) who has known her since his childhood. She lives with him and his family who aren't faring well either in finances. They share nothing but a mutual friendship for each other only.

Every single day, the Royal Princess dreams of the world outside and beyond her palace walls. Ever since her childhood, she has been confined to the walls of the palace only. She has only heard about what the world outside the walls was like from her maids. Not even the palace guards are allowed to see her since she has to cover her face with a veil if she ventures out of her room. Not once has she ever traveled outside and she yearns to do so. However, she has been training her whole life in the palace to be the perfect wife and she's sick of it. She gets even more tired of it when she is promised her hand in marriage to the Prince of China (male idol). She's heard that he's nice and handsome but she wants to marry out of love.

One day, the Royal Princess manages to sneak out of the palace and into the streets. She was traveling around the streets when suddenly, guards started shouting and chasing her. She got so scared so she just ran but she didn't know where. She ended up at a dead end and the guards were about to catch her when a male (the Pauper's best friend) saves her. He drags her away and she just follows him since she doesn't know a thing about the streets. They stop and he keeps on speaking with her but calling her a different name. She tells him that he's got the wrong person but he says that he knows how his best friend looks like. Until, the Pauper appears laughing about how she lost the guards and she meets the Royal Princess.

They both get shocked at how alike they look and even the Pauper's best friend gets dizzy from seeing two of his best friend. The Royal Princess explains who she is and the Pauper introduces herself. The Pauper then comes up with an idea to switch places. The Royal Princess considers it and agrees. The Pauper tells her best friend who is the only one who knows about this switch to take care of the Royal Princess when they switch. The best friend agrees and inwardly he tells himself that he'll help her as a friend only and he'll never fall in love with a royal (but he does). 

They switch and the Prince of China arrives. The Pauper manages to negotiate that she'll only marry the Prince of China if he pursues her and if she unveils her face to him, meaning it as a sign of her falling in love with him. She thinks that that will never happen and she tells the Royal Princess about this. They say that with this, she can buy the two more time to experience the different lives. So, the switch starts with the Royal Princess and the Pauper meeting each other late at night to talk about their problems and experiences.

Throughout this, the Royal Princess begins to fall in love with the Pauper's best friend and the best friend begins to fall in love with her as well. Because of the Princess' cluelessness of the streets, they both depend on each other a lot. However, the Pauper begins to fall in love with the charms of the Prince of China who falls in love with her unusual charms. He thinks that she doesn't act like the other princesses he has met before so he takes interest in her charm.

But the Royal Princess sees the poverty in the streets and says that it's different from what the palace authorities say the outside really is. The Pauper unknowingly gets herself involved with the corruption of the palace authorities who are planning to assassinate both her family and the Prince of China. The Pauper also learns more about their childhood and the reason behind their separation at birth. Can the both of them stay switched without getting caught? Or will the nasty palace authority who always seem to hate the Royal Princess figure out their secret and expose them by using the flower birthmark that the Pauper does not have?

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Fluff, Historical Drama, Fiction

Rating: PG13

Characters: The Pauper, The Royal Princess, The Pauper's Best Friend, The Prince of China, The Nasty Palace Authority, The Royal Family, The Best Friend's Family, additional characters like the maids (female idols) who are the princess' close friends and the Prince of China's friends/brothers

Inspiration: I taught of it while thinking about Goddess' 'Bodyguard Princess' story that inspired the Princess and the Pauper story. The rest like the little details are for you to figure out. ;)

Additional Notes: This story has to be written with lots of humor and romance. The Pauper can be hilariously random and loud-mouthed to the point that she even orders the Prince of China around. The Royal Princess can be the sweetest kitten in the world who is utterly lost in the streets but it's the innocent charm that has the best friend hooked. The Prince of China can be greasy and kind and intelligent, always countering the remarks of the Pauper. The Best Friend can be awkward in showing his love with words only doing it with his actions. There's a lot more you can do to add to the humor and the fluff of the fic but don't derail! There has to be a certain gravitas in the story as well like the parts about their childhood, the corruption in the palace, the difference between the royal life and the poor life. 

If you write this story, I'll bet that you'll have a ton of fun!

Status: Taken by xoxopink (story link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/640641)