⌨ Pulling on My Heartstrings

Ideas Set Ablaze! ✌ ✌ ✌ Story & Applyfic Ideas ✌ ✌ ✌ Writing Tips
Pulling on My Heartstrings
Available

"Who are you? What kind of person are you?"

I'm Rose. Just Rose.

"What do you think you're doing?"

Having fun.

"You seem familiar. Do I know you?"

You know me very well.

"Are you going to help me?"

You can help me.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

For my pleasure.

"When will you stop?"

Oh, darling, we're just getting started...

Plot Synopsis

The main character is a female (25-30 years old) with a dark past but a successful career. She's the most famous female CEO who owns the most successful business in the world. She has everything from money to luxurious goods. It took a lot for her to reach here. However, she has one thing that she has hidden from her countless admirers and the people around the world. It's her past. Ever since her childhood up until her last year of college, she has been betrayed, demeaned, bullied, beaten, and wounded by six different people.

These six different people affected her deeply in her life causing her to have deep grudges and memories against them. Her first childhood crush literally crushed her hopes when he left her without a word one day without telling her why. Her first friend in elementary school became her firt enemy after heaing vicious rumors of her and believing them. Her first love broke her heart when she caught him cheating on her and when she realized that the only reason he ever dated her was because of a bet. Her last boyfriend tossed her around like a rag doll, always hitting her whenever she did something wrong or something to anger him. Her peer tutor took advantage of her so that he could get merits for not even teaching her anything at all. Her best friend broke his promise to protect her forever when he was out with his girlfriend while his girlfriend's friends her to tell her not to be so close to her boyfriend. 

So far, she has seen them succeed in life easily while she had to grovel and grit her teeth to get to where she is. Her first childhood crush became a top soccer player. Her first friend in elementary school became a kindergarten teacher that all the mothers loved and cooed over. Her first love became a well-respected musician that everyone knew and loved. Her last boyfriend became a feared gangster who terrorized the streets at night. Her peer tutor became a famous artist who owned multiple galleries around the world. Her best friend became a well-known photographer that every designer and model wanted. 

Seeing that the world loved them despite the horrible things they did to her, she created another side of herself. This side is different from her. While she's quiet and gentle, this other side is snarky and wild. Her alter ego holds all her pent-up emotions and grudges against these six people and she plans to kidnap all them and torture them to her heart's pleasure. One by one, she lures them out and kidnaps them, connecting them to a voodoo doll that she tortures and controls. Her other side is too weak to stop this from happening so she has no choice but watch her alter ego torture them. These six people also learn why she's hurt.

But with her alter ego's resolve weakening with the apologies and the reasons behind their actions, she begins to take control of herself. She manages to take control of herself for a while and she frees the six of them, telling them to run as far as they can before her other side returns. Five of them run but her best friend remains claiming that if he had a chance to turn back the time, he would have saved her. 

A year passes and everything went back to normal. The six of them went to the hospital with severe injuries and all of them claim that they were kidnapped and tortured but they have no memory of it. None of them pressed charges so the issue was suppressed and everything returned to normal. Within that year, she battles with herself and goes to therapy. Finally, she is cured and she visits each of them only to tell them that she's cured and that she forgives them. She meets her best friend and realizes that he's single. He confesses his love for her that he's been waiting for her to be cured.

Genre: Angst, dark, torture, friendship, love, horror, gore, slice of life

Rating: M (You might want to put up the trigger warning for violence and ual references)

Characters: The Girl, The Six Boys

Inspiration: VIXX's 'Voodoo Doll', Paramore's 'Ignorance', 'Playing God',  and 'Brick by Boring Brick' 

Additional Notes: There should be a deeper and darker meaning behind the main character's personality. The reasons of why did the six characters decided to turn their back on her is up to you to decide. It's a little crooked seeing how the best friend despite being tortured still loves her. And the reactions to her forgiveness after a year shouldn't be nonchalant or like 'okay, I forgive you too'. It should take a while for each to fully forgive her and there should be some sort of an interaction between each character. The way she kidnaps them has to be interesting as well. Also, I associated her character with a rose, proposing that she is beautiful on the outside but thorny on the inside. You could associate each character with a different colored rose to make each story interesting. 

This is a scary story to write but if you write it well, you have to be great at writing gory details and the crooked part of life.

Status: Available