⌨ Teenage Dream

Ideas Set Ablaze! ✌ ✌ ✌ Story & Applyfic Ideas ✌ ✌ ✌ Writing Tips
Teenage Dream
Taken

"I've never felt this free ever since you came into my life."

Let's go all the way tonight...

No regrets, just love...

We can dance, until we die...

You and I, will be young forever...

                       - Katy Perry [Teenage Dream]

Plot Synopsis

The main character is a girl who has just graduated high school recently. For her whole life, she's been loved and taken care of. Not once has she ever did something out of the ordinary or for fun. All her friends preferred studying over partying and her parents raised her to be a good girl. She has never rebelled and always went along with whatever her friends or her family wanted. Her life was boring and plain despite living in luxury and being extremely smart. 

She meets this new boy in town. He was a year older than her who attended the college in her town. They met when she was waiting for her best friend to arrive at a cafe so they could start their study time. Her best friend was late so she was waiting for her when this boy began to flirt with her and chat with her. She enjoys his presence and continues to meet up with him at the cafe and bond with him. Even though her friends warn her that this boy was a playboy, he was poor, he was a rebel, he was a troublemaker, she didn't care and shared a bond with him.

Seemingly enough, it felt like fate had pulled them together. From the moment she got associated with him, she was always in the middle of trouble, adding color to her dull life. And he would always save her no matter what. Through the hardships of trying to be together, they fall in love. She starts to learn his secrets while he learns hers. Even if her parents disagree with him, even if her friends desert her because she was in love with him, even if their situation wasn't very ideal, they both loved each other very much. 

Truthfully, to her, this was a teenage dream, a dream that made her life beautiful and wonderful once again. But can a simple small town love overcome adversity?

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama, Fluff, Teenage Fiction

Rating: PG13

Characters: The Main Girl (Female OC/Female Idol), Her Lover (Male OC/Male Idol), Her Friends, Her Parents

Inspiration: Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream', Taylor Swift's 'Fearless', 'Mine', and 'Untouchable'

Additional Notes: This story's focus is on teenage love. Try to put more emphasis on the fact that love is diffcult and no matter how strong it is, there will always be something there to try and break it. Come up with different obstacles. Her parents and her friends are a given. But you could also add in a past lover who returns to town for her. Or maybe try to create a different background for him. He could have been rich and maybe he ran away to avoid an arranged marriage? It's all left to your creation. Also, focus on the aspect of how different their worlds are. Most importantly, the main girl's character can't be rude and rebellious. She has to be soft-spoken or at least shy but when provoked, not afraid to stand up for her beliefs. This is about love making a splash into her boring life. The ending is entirely up to you.

It seems like a cute story to write. It's kind of like what one would see in a movie or a drama.

Status: Taken by -perfectparade [storylink: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/638143/teenage-dream-fluff-romance-exo-exok-sehun]