⌨ Love Rewind

Ideas Set Ablaze! ✌ ✌ ✌ Story & Applyfic Ideas ✌ ✌ ✌ Writing Tips
Love Rewind
Available

"Life goes by so fast...and then you realize that what happened ten years ago felt like it happened yesterday."

Sometimes, all it takes is a trip down memory lane to realize that you should have cherished what you had.

Life is like a drama. Depending on how you live it, it could end in ten episodes or it could run for ten seasons.

I never realized how fast my life always was. I never stopped to think. I never stopped to think about the past.

I think that's why people are always rushing here and there. We think too much about the future and not about the past and how it affects the present.

I made that mistake and wasted ten years of my life not cherishing the things I had.

What didn't I cherish? I answered that when I went back in time.

Plot Synopsis

The main character (28-31 years old) is a famous actress who is known for her beauty and her acting skills. She's had a very successful life so far with tons of hit dramas. She's about to get married soon which is why her last schedule three days before her wedding is to go on a talk show and talk about her love life and her marriage. But truthfully, her marriage isn't what the public believes it is. Because of her tiring schedule and her fiance's hectic schedule, they both rarely see each other and slowly their love has been detoriating. Three days before the wedding and they are discussing whether to call it quits.

The story starts with her starring in the talk show and the host begins to question her. She answers each question fluidly and easily but gets stuck on one question when the host asks her when did she first fall in love with her fiance. She pauses, unable to think of an exact moment and that triggers her memories. The story continues on with her narrating her life ten years ago. She narrates about how she started her career as an extra on set. She lived in a tiny apartment and barely had enough money to keep her steady. She worked many part time jobs because she had to provide for her sick mother back in the countryside. Even through these hardships, she's still happy and she still smiles every day. 

She recounts how she meets two men. One of them was a famous young male actor (same age as her) who was loved by all. He was rich, smart, cocky, charming, handsome, suave, and flirtatious. Every female swooned over him except for her. She remembers how hard he would always try and bring her out on a date but she always refused. When he gave up (or so she thought), he was hell bent on making her life a living hell by ordering her around on the drama set that he was the lead in. She disliked him but obliged anyway since she needed the money. He however was just doing it so that she would only pay attention to him and him only, having garnered a crush on her.

The other male was two years older than her and a supporting actor in the drama who is a member of a popular male idol group. He was the opposite of the young actor. He was kind, cute, caring, gentle, and a perfect gentleman. Whenever she was being tortured by the young actor, he would be her black knight and swoop in to save her. He took care of her very well and she always came to him whenever she needed help. He slowly begins to have a crush on her and starts to fall in love with her. He becomes overprotective of her and later on becomes more vocal about his love for her.

Throughout this, she begins to realize what she has always took for granted and runs out of the talk show mid-filming. She rushes to her fiance and tells him that she's sorry for everything, for neglecting him, and that she wants to continue on with the marriage. 

But of course, a drama is nothing without an ending. So, just who is the mysterious husband?

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fluff, Drama, Slice of Life, Fiction, Celebrity Life

Rating: PG13

Characters: The Main Girl (Female Idol/Female OC), The Young Actor (Male Idol/Male OC), The Kind Extra (Male Idol/Male OC), Her Mother

Inspiration: B.A.P's 'Secret Love', Song Ji Eun's 'Vintage' ft. Zelo, Ailee's 'Singing Got Better'

Additional Notes: This story's focus is on the fact that through her memories of what happened ten years ago caused her to love again. And the main focus of this story is that you have to end where her memories stop and where she realizes her love for her fiance again at the right moment in her memories. You have to be careful not to reveal who the fiance is and keep the readers guessing who he is. You have to give each love interest an equal amount of fluff and loving moments to keep the readers on their toes. The ending is the most important part in this story as it's the part where she reveals who her fiance is. When you write about her memories, you have to do it in her point of view only. She can't be able to read the thoughts of the otehr characters. And to keep it interesting, you can flash back and forth between the past and the present like ten years ago on this day and ten years later on this day. Or a week before the wedding or a week before the premiere of the drama she's in. Then, you have to decide who do you want as her fiance. The young actor or the supporting actor who is an idol as well? Both have very different yet similar careers. You can add in conflict like the sasaeng fans, the fans' reactions, a scandal, a love rival for either.

I feel like I would love to read a story like this where it keeps the readers on their toes to figure who is the fiance. You can't show favoritism to one love interest; you can do that at the end.

Status: Available