Kaleidoscope Review

Trust The Little Bird [completed]
Fanfic: Trust
Author: ava_lava
Reviewer: Harumi95

Hello Ava :) did you know that after reading this fiction, I felt like I lived another life? That, my friend, is the biggest compliment I have ever given to another fanfic.

Title: 4/5

The title is short, clean and relevant. But, in my opinion, it is too common and easy to forget. The general air seems a bit too cliché, and unfortunately, I seriously doubt that I would have picked it up from the massive amounts of fan fictions in Winglin.

Background/Poster: 5/5

The background and poster is extremely relevant and suitable. The general pastel tone adds to the ‘musical’ theme nicely. The poster adds an elegant touch to the story.

Forewords: 4/10

I shall admit it. I absolutely LOATHE forewords like this. It takes away the fun of building up the characters completely! It sounds so… uneducated and simple. I nearly cried reading the foreword – it was so disappointing! But even though I read your story in the end (and ABSOLUTELY LOVED it), if I was not reviewing…. I would not have read it.

On the other hand, we must also note that simple is GOOD, and there are many readers who prefer this kind of introduction to the story – so ‘4’ is basically my opinion. In my version of a perfect foreword, it must be short; have an ending leaving the readers desperate for more; and briefly, BRIEFLY, introduce the story in a way that will make the readers interested.

Plot: 15/15

The plot is amazing. This is a fact. I have NEVER given a full mark for a plot before Ava, and I seriously doubt that I ever will again. I always find flaws in people’s plots; as a reviewer, you should know – too cliché, too sappy, too boring, too romanticized… etc. But I cannot find a single problem in yours; it’s a new experience for me. The best thing about it has to be how it builds up tension subtly throughout the chapters; I actually did not notice it until I reached the end of chapter 19, where the story finishes – for now, anyway.

Creativity/Originality: 15/15

The whole story SCREAMS originality and creativity; It is so unique! I can freely announce that it is putting most fics into shame. The amount of research you put into this fic must have been tremendous! I have actually thought about discontinuing my fic just because yours is….. Indescribable in words.

Flow: 10/10

Your fiction has created a new record: full marks in the three genres that I mark the harshest – I am in awe. Your flow is perfect; each minor detail is described immaculately and to the fullest. The general flows between scenes are so smooth that I would not be surprised if it liquefies… sorry for the bad jokes?

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 9/10

Your use of vocabulary was so extensive that I actually had to use the dictionary for some of the more complex words. The spelling and grammar was, SURPRISINGLY, perfect (heavy sarcasm by the way). The only reason that lost you that one mark was because of…. How should I put it, over-exaggeration of some of the actions? It is a very good thing to be using a variety of vocabulary – but some of the words are wrongly placed: ‘Barked’, for instance, is a wonderful replacement for ‘said’; but it was used in a situation where everything should have been quiet and solemn – it really stuck out like a sore thumb.

Characterization: 14/15

Characterization was brilliant – really. I admit that Jaejoong’s character confused me a little at first (depression modes, weird character etc.), but I suppose it was the point – his ‘unique’ identity. Yunho, by far, was the best; his personality was immaculately described and every action from him added to his character. Yes, I know it’s unfair for me to refer back to old wounds, but I shall anyway: If it wasn’t for the foreword, (which ruined the ‘character-building’ part) everything would have been perfect… but then, it was, so that is why it is a fourteen, not the fifteen that it deserves.

Writing Style: 9/10

The writing was extremely sophisticated and intense. I can tell that your style of writing developed over the chapters – in a good way. The one thing that I didn’t like was because everything seemed a bit too…. ‘posh’? Or ‘old’? Maybe it was just an echo of the emphasis of Jaejoong’s character; but to be honest, it clashed with the outline with the story. A good example is when Jaejoong keeps repeating ‘Oh!’ – It really does not suit…. We must note, however, that this only applies to the beginning of the story!

Overall enjoyment: 6/5

… You know, I am not a big fan of DBSK; nor am I the greatest fan of … Guess what, you have just overturned both those statements in the course of a single fic. The whole ‘piece’ was astounding. You have me captured; which is EXTREMELY rare – Seriously, I have a tiny collection of the best fictions out of the hundreds (literally) that I have read … and ‘Trust’ is one of them. Did you know that I actually had to read the whole thing twice before I started writing this? It was because the story got me captivated to such an extent that I could not remember the exact content. Congratulations Ava, you have a new fan (and subscriber). The number ‘6’ is not a joke.

Total: 91/100 – I was INCREDIBLY harsh on you. I admit, I normally butter all my reviews; but your review…. I scraped it with the bread knife – let alone butter. I would have just put a ‘100’ if you were to ask for my normal review…. But you wanted a critical one, so I did it without any regrets :) I really loved it - a sincere thanks for the excellent read.

```

Thank you Harumi95 from Kaleidoscope Kreations (http://kaleidoscopekreations.blogspot.com/) for the harsh review. I love harsh reviews because they are actually useful. If you are too easy on me, you are just misleading me. In fact, I wouldn't have minded if you were even harsher on me.

Thanks so much anyways!!! I made little changes in the forewords just for you! Please tell me your feedback if you ever read it!