Lunch Talks

The Escapades Of EXO Hospital
CHAPTER 4: Lunch Talks
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oops, I slipped my hand." Baekhyun apologizes, not.
 
"Why did you hit her?!" Chanyeol eyes Jessica who's passed out on the floor with a large black coffee stain on her blouse. 
 
"Uh.. I... You were flirting with her.."
 
"..so?" Chanyeol quirks an eyebrow.
 
"SO? What kind of doctor flirts with workers? This is public!!" Baekhyun huffed. "And you were really creepy! Look at your smile! It's so wide it'll scare her, and I'm here to save you before she reports you to the guards!" 
 
"Uh-uh." Chanyeol crossed his arms. 
 
"You should thank me. Treat me lunch."
 
"No way." 
 
"Yes way."
 
"No way."
 
"Yes way."
 
"NO."
 
"YES." Baekhyun screams.
 
"NO!"
 
"YES!!"
 
"NO!!!"
 
"Uh... Guys, what are you doing?" A passing Luhan decides to asks.
 
"NONE OR YOUR BUSINESS." They shout at the same time.
 
"Geez, and here I am, just recovering from an injury." Luhan leaves them muttering "I'm the only one normal.."
 
 
***
 
 
 
They arrived at the cafetaria, trying to find a place to sit.
 
"Hyung~ where do we sit?" Sehun asks Kyungsoo as he holds a tray.
 
"Oh look Sehunnie! The others have saved us a place." He points towards the other nurses.
 
 
"Hey guys." 
 
"Hi Kyungsoo and Sehun." Tao smiles cutely.
 
"H-hi f-friends." Suho waves shyly.
 
"Where's Baekhyun hyung?" Kyungsoo asks as he and Sehun sit.
 
"Hmm, he said something about missions and an annoying receptionist. I don't know, he's weird." Xiumin shrugs as he steals a bun from Tao's tray.
 
"He's gets weirder ever since he met Chanyeol hyung." Kyungsoo says.
 
"Oh! Doctor Chanyeol from the department of pediatrics?" Tao asks.
 
"Yeah. I don't know why though." Kyungsoo shrugs.
 
"Hey guys!" An eager Baekhyun dragging an upset Chanyeol showed up at their table.
 
"Where have you been? You're never late when it comes to food." Xiumin teases.
 
"Had some business to do." He grins.
 
"Is it done, gege?"
 
"Yup. All done." 
 
Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "So what do you want?" 
 
"Pizza with cheese, ham, onion rings, spaghetti bolognise, strawberry cake, vanilla ice cream WITH SPRINKLES and some fruits~" he bats his eyelashes. 
 
"Fine." Chanyeol goes while muttering how pigs don't even eat that much.
 
"Don't forget the sprinkles!!"
 
 
***
 
"Jongin, over here!" Lay waves.
 
After they all sat down at their usual tables, they had normal and light conversations.
 
"What's wrong with Jongin lately?" Chen whispers loudly into Lay's ear.
 
" I'm here." Jongin grumbles.
 
"Whoa, just asking." 
 
"It's Kyungsoo." He sighs, "he's been avoiding more lately. Every time I tried to call him he flees, or when I'm near him, even when I'm 20 meters away he would run like I'm a hungry monster or something."
 
"Well it's technically your fault since you looked like you would him anytime." Chen shrugs.
 
"Who wouldn't?!" 
 
"There you go, the source of your problem." Kris suddenly speaks up. Everybody looks at him because oh wow the dragon just decided to join the conversation and is actually trying to give an advice (probably not a good one tho)
 
"What?"
 
"You've been chasing him and acting like the ert you are ALL the time, he's sick of you." Kris shrugs. "Or, he's scared of you."
 
Jongin gasps.
 
"Or he hates you."
 
Jongin gasps louder.
 
"Kris!!" Lay hits Kris' back. Once again, he's scared that Jongin could get depressed from all the up and downs lately, and Kris is definitely not helping, at all.
 
"No, don't listen to your stupid hyung, Jongin." Lay pats Jongin's back gently.
 
"What you should do is-
 
"Shut up Chen." 
 
"HEY, you didn't even listen yet." He pouts.
 
"Ew, stop pouting." Kris says.
 
"I look cute when I pout but ANYWAY, before I was rudely interrupted," he narrows his eyes at Kris, "I was saying that you should be nice at him you know, give him some flowers and chocolates. Let him know the real you. The real adorable one, not somer."
 
"Hmm," Jongin ponders for awhile, "maybe you're right."
 
Chen smiles. But wait, does that mean Jongin actually admits he's ar?
 
"You know, you're not so useless after all." With that, Kai leaves the cafetaria doing God- knows- what.
 
Lay pats Chen. He's afraid that Chen might get depressed after what Jongin said. After all, he's a freakin' psychologist. It's his job. 
 
"Soo... How's Suho?" Kris chews on his bread as he randomly asks Lay.
 
Lay chokes on his noodles. "W-what?" He blushes.
 
"Ew Laayy, you got noodles on my shirt!" Chen cries.
 
"Sorry, why did you a-ask?" He gulps down the rest of his food.
 
"Oh it's nothing big." Kris smirks. "It's just that yesterday I saw Suho getting harassed by some old patients. But nah, you aren't interested anyway."
 
"What!" Lay yells, before covering his mouth. "Y- yeah as if I'm interested, I'm not into men!" 
 
"Riiight, keep telling yourself you aren't interested in men, you psychologist." Luhan says.
 
"I'm not! Anyway," he clears his throat, "I'm going to the toilet." Lay goes off somewhere that's obviously not in the direction of the toilet.
 
"How did you know he likes Suho?" Luhan asks.
 
"Oh, just found him stalking Suho the other day."
 
"Oh my God! Lay hyung?!" Chen snorts. It's weird for him to imagine his calm hyung spying on a nurse. He snickers inwardly. 
 
"Judge yourself first, because last time I checked, I saw you near the window, spying on someone with freaking binoculars!" Luhan says and everyone laughs.
 
Chen covers his face in embarassment, he didn't think anybody would've seen him during any of his 'live '- watching sessions. 
 
I knew it, I should've hold my needs just a little longer.
 
 
The bell rings, indicating the end of lunch break, and they all went back to their own offices.
 
 
***
 
 
Lay runs to the nurse offices, trying to look for that certain someone. Aha! 
 
"Suho!" He grabs his shoulders, inspecting for any wounds.
 
"H-huh?" Suho's eyes widen. "L-lay?"
 
"Are you alright? Did those old men do something bad? Where does it hurt? I'm going to call the guards! Why didn't you tell me about it? I knew you were too innocent to be let loose.." Lay panics.
 
"W-what are you talking a-about?" Suho sniffles. "I'm not h-hurt."
 
"Kris told me-" wait, oh no he did not just fool me. "Ugh."
 
"L- lay? What happened?" A wide- eyed Suho asks.
 
"Oh it's nothing, I'm just glad that you're alright."
 
Suho nods.
 
"H-hey! Why are you crying? Suho?" Lay gently hold Suho's shoulders.
 
"I-I'm j-just g-glad that s-someone cared f-for me." He whimpers. "T-thank y-you." Tears are escaping his eyes.
 
Lay wipes his tears with his thumb, "don't cry." 
 
"B-but I c-can't stop." He whimpers louder.
 
What should I do?
 
Leave him? 
 
No, I can't leave him. Or should I kiss?
 
But I'm not gay.
 
Wait, there are such things as a friend- kiss.. Right? 
 
He panics as Suho's whimpering are getting louder, so he kisses him gently on the forehead, cheeks, and lastly, a soft peck on the lips.
 
That managed to shut Suho up.
 
"W- why?" Suho asks, face flushed.
 
"Why what?" Lay asks.
 
"T-the k-kisses." Suho looks down at his lap to cover his red cheeks.
 
"Uhh.. ah, that's because I like you." 
 
"Y-you d-do?" Suho's looks up at Lay and smiles as his eyes seems brighter as he hears this.
 
"As friends ofcourse. Nothing more." Lay says quickly not wanting to sound gay, he's straight for heaven's sake!   
 
"O-oh." Suho nods. "A-as f-friends." His smile falter a bit.
 
"I-I'm g-going, bye L-lay." He waves a little before quickly dismissing himself.
 
"Yeah, I'm not gay." Lay nods to himself before he stands up and exits the door.
 
 
***
 
 
Kyungsoo plus a clingy Sehun enters the nurse lockers to change into scrubs to see a whimpering Suho at the corner of the room.
 
"Baby! Why are you crying?" Kyungsoo rushes towards Suho's side.
 
"Hey.. I thought I was your baby." Sehun sulks and follows.
 
"Aw Sehunnie, you're my second baby." He cooes.
 
"I wanna be your first." He whines and shakes his head in disapproval.
 
"Alright, alright." Kyungsoo smiles. "You're my first."
 
"Yehet~"
 
"Anyway, Suho, what happened?"
 
"N-nothing, it's n-nothing." He sniffles and wipes his tears.
 
"Oh come'on, you can tell me." He pulls Suho for a hug. Sehun only stares.
 
"I d-don't w-want to be a b-burden." He shakes his head.
 
"Baby, you'll never be a burden. Not at all." Kyungsoo hugs Suho tighter.
 
"O-okay.." 
 
"So you wanna tell me what happened?" 
 
Suho shakes his head again, "m-maybe next t-time."
 
Kyungsoo nods, "alright, whenever you're ready."
 
Sehun only stares as he thinks. Sehun is a really observant person and maybe the reason why Suho is crying has got to do with that pyschologist that has the exact name of his favourite chip. He thinks it's weird of him to nickname himself after a snack. Does he thinks himself as a food? Probably not. And Sehun's going to find out more about that, he's not going to let Suho cry again, after all, Suho is Kyungsoo's baby too~
 
 
But maybe tomorrow, he yawns, he's too tired after today's hard work.
 
 
***
 
 
Jongin goes to a nearby florist shop near the hospital and is confused, never in his life had he done this. All the girls- or boys he wooed had succumbed to him at his first attempt of flirting. 
 
"Uh.. Which one is good for someone you like?" He asks the florist.
 
"Oh! Is it for your lover?" She asks cheerfully.
 
"Yes.." Well, Kyungsoo's going to be his soon, right? so it's not a lie, Jongin thinks.
 
"Hmm people often buy red roses for their lovers, how about that?" She suggests. "Also, everyone who goes to my shop to get flowers for their girlfriends always bought roses."
 
"Okay, and something else, too." Jongin says, because something clicks in his mind, something that reminds him of Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: this is chapter 4! :)  I don't consider the previous one a chapter, really. Haha. Anyways, thank you for the new subscribers!!^^ and thank you for all the lovely comments! Enjoy~