Why Hugs Are Amazing

UnknownSONE's TaeNy One Shots

“TaeTae, what do you love the most about me?”  Tiffany suddenly asked while giving Taeyeon a playful smile.

The dorm was exceptionally quiet as the other members were out shopping while Jessica decided to sleep in again.  The hot summer air was oddly quiet today, with the occasional passing car.  Taeyeon and Tiffany decided to stay home instead of shopping.  They have enough clothes anyway.  Who needs fifty pairs of jeans?

“Hm.”  Taeyeon put her index to her chin, pondering for a minute.  “It’s really hard to pick.  I mean, what’s not to love about you?”

Tiffany giggled, letting Taeyeon hear her favourite sound for the first time today.

“If you had to pick, what would it be?”  Tiffany looked at Taeyeon again, this time more sincerely.

“I think… I’d have to go with your hugs.”

“So my kisses are no good?”  Tiffany wore her adorable pout face.

Taeyeon leaned over and stole a peck on the lips before Tiffany could lean back.  The latter’s face instantly lit up as she lightly smacked Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I like your kisses.”  Taeyeon smiled.  “But I love your hugs.”  She reached out and intertwined her fingers with Tiffany’s.  “You wanna know why?”

“Why?”  Tiffany smirked, knowing that whatever was about to come out of Taeyeon’s mouth was going to make her smile like a fool and blush profusely.

I like feeling you close to me.  You’re warm and you make me feel warm, even if it’s snowing.

“I forgot to bring a jacket today.”  Taeyeon shivered.

“Would you like my sweater?”  Tiffany held her zipper, ready to pull it down to make sure that her friend was warm.

“No, you’ll be cold then!”

“Well, I’m not letting you feel cold, either.”  Tiffany walked off.

Taeyeon watched her approach one of the staff members near the van.  She started talking to her and it wasn’t long before the woman pulled a pink blanket out of the car.  Tiffany turned and walk back towards Taeyeon.  She wrapped her up inside before throwing her arms around her.

“Better?”  Tiffany asked.

“Better.”  Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile.

Tiffany squeezed her arms around Taeyeon, making the latter feel butterflies in her stomach.

“You’re warm, Fany-ah.”  Taeyeon said while blushing.

“And now you’re warm too.”

I like feeling your tight embrace.  You’re protective and you make me feel safe, even if I’m scared.

“T-Tiffany…  He tried to-”

“I know, I know.”  Tiffany held Taeyeon tightly, not letting go even in the crown that was shoving them left and right.  “Don’t worry, Tae, I’m here now.”

Taeyeon reached up and wiped a tear away, feeling incredibly vulnerable in the midst of the chaotic group of fans and security guards.  There was screaming, yelling, loud orders from the guards, pushing and shoving.  But over all of the tension, she could feel Tiffany’s warmth, spreading from her head to her toes.

I like being able to inhale your scent.  You smell nice and it gives me butterflies, even if I feel dizzy from it.

Taeyeon looked off into the distance, meeting with the gazes of multiple fans in the audience.  They had done it yet again; they had won yet another award.  Her mind wandered to the hard work she had put into all this: her career, her life.  She remembered the memories she had shared with all of her members.  She had a feeling of accomplishment in her chest but the feeling soon vanished.  A small smile spread across her face.  She leaned over and inhaled deeply, feeling a rush from her light head, through her stammering heart and to her fluttering stomach.

‘Strawberries.’  She thought with a content smile.

Tiffany continued her speech, unaware of Taeyeon’s happy moment.

I like having your shoulder to cry on.  You’re supportive and it gives me confidence, even if I fail.

“I can’t do it.”  Taeyeon cried, burying her face into her hands and wetting her sleeves.  “I just can’t get it right.”

“Taeyeon, have faith.  The skill comes with time.”  Tiffany reassured her.

“I don’t have time.  The first musical performance is in a week and I still can’t play the guitar.”

“You’ve been improving so much since you started.  Don’t give up.  You’ll get there.”

“I’ve been practicing for hours, now.  My fingers were bleeding yesterday.”

“Tae… you need to take breaks.”  Tiffany wrapped her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders and offered her shoulder for the girl to lean on.

“I’m so tired, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany could feel Taeyeon shaking from her attempts to muffle her cries.  She kissed her on the top of the head, hoping to calm her down.

Within a few minutes, Taeyeon was fast asleep and her breathing was steady again.

I like when you press your forehead against mine.  You’re so loving and it makes me feel happy, even if it’s been a rough day.

Taeyeon slumped down on the couch, beside Tiffany.  She sighed.

“I hate busy schedules.”

“Well, the busier you are, the more I’ll miss you.” 

“Since when did you get so cheesy?”  Taeyeon couldn’t help from grinning.

“Since I realized that I loved you.”  Tiffany smiled, leaning her forehead against Taeyeon’s.  “No.  Since I realized that I love you.”

I like when you look deeply into my eyes.  You seem so caring and it makes me feel wanted, even if I’ve been lonely.

“Good morning.”  Taeyeon left a gentle kiss on Tiffany’s forehead, trailing more of them down to her lips.

One after the other, Tiffany opened her eyes, only to see a loving stare form Taeyeon.  She smiled, only to return an equally passionate gaze.

“Morning.”

Taeyeon’s heart fluttered from the sound of a certain sleepy voice.  She reached forward and cupped Tiffany’s face in her hands, admiring the look in the girl’s eyes.  Her large brown orbs reflected the shorter girl’s expression, making her realize how in love she really is.

I like when you look at me, quietly.  You seem so thoughtful and it makes me feel like I’m worth thinking about, even if my mind’s been blank.

With furrowed eyebrows and lips pursed into a thin line, Taeyeon sat at the dining table of the dorm while twirling her pen with her fingers.  She was deep in thought about the choreography for their next stage.  It was a delicate process that needed no distractions, not that she would complain.

Tiffany suddenly sat down in front of Taeyeon, startling the girl with the sound from the chair.  Without a word, she stared at her and watched her continue working after sigh of annoyance.

‘Yoona goes here, Jessica here, Yuri here, I go here, Sooyoung here… Agh… but where does Sunny go…?’  Taeyeon leaned back in her chair and tossed the pen onto the table in defeat.  She looked up to see Tiffany watching her with an amused face.  She huffed, earning a giggle from the girl in front of her.

Unconsciously, her frown curved into a smile.

I like when you hold my hand and caress my knuckles, softly.  You seem so gentle and it makes me feel precious, even I’ve been broken before.

“I spent like an hour doing my hair just the way you like it, TaeTae!”  Tiffany grinned while Taeyeon simply stared in awe.  With slightly curled hair, bangs brushed to the side, light makeup and a simple, yet elegant dress, what’s not to love?

“You look beautiful tonight, Fany-ah.”

“So I’m not pretty any other day?”

“What?  No!  That’s not what I meant.  I meant that you’re just more beautiful tonight.  Like, way more gorgeous than your usual self.  I mean.  Not that you’re not usually pretty.  I just-”

Tiffany couldn’t help from laughing at how nervous Taeyeon was getting.  She reached over the table and took Taeyeon’s hand in hers, calming the girl down.  Taeyeon felt Tiffany’s thumb brush over her knuckles and looked up to find that same loving smile that she sees every day.

“You’re beautiful.”

I like when you laugh.  You seem happy and it makes me glad, even if it it’s because you’re teasing me.

“Ah!  Hey!”  Taeyeon called out while Tiffany snatched her phone away.

“Ooh!  What kinds of pictures do you have here?”  Tiffany opened countless pictures, videos and memos, going through them as her girlfriend chased her around the dorm.  In the middle of the hallway, she suddenly stopped, causing Taeyeon to crash into her.  “W-wait… What’s this?”

“It’s…”  Taeyeon sighed.  “It was supposed to be a surprise for you.  I wanted to get you something special for our anniversary.  I guess you’ve seen all the ideas now…”

“I only read the title.”

“Really?”  Taeyeon’s eyes lit up as he looked up at the phone.

“Yeah, here.  Reach for it.”  Tiffany held the phone up and out of Taeyeon’s reach.

“Yah!  That’s.  Cheating.  No.  Fair!”  Taeyeon jumped and protested.  She gave up and pouted while crossing her arms.

“Keep going, shorty!”  Tiffany laughed.

Taeyeon stopped.  She looked at Tiffany with a serious face and approached slowly.  Closer and closer, Taeyeon brought her lips within inches of Tiffany’s until they finally collided.  Completely forgetting the phone, Tiffany lowered her hand just enough for Taeyeon to quickly reach out and grab it.

“Got it!”  Taeyeon smiled.

“Hey! You cheated!”

“Well, I’m not giving you my phone back but I could give you another kiss.”

With a smile as an answer, Taeyeon knew she had won.

I like when you fix my hair for me.  It’s like you notice every little detail about me and it makes me feel like I’m one of a kind, even if people say I look exactly like my brother.

“Wait, Tae, hold still.”

“Eh?  Why?”

Tiffany slowly tucked a strand of hair behind Taeyeon’s ear and smiled at the minor change.

“Oh, thanks.”  Taeyeon blushed.

“My baby is perfect and she should look perfect.”  Tiffany tapped Taeyeon on the nose.

 

But out of everything…  I still love your hugs the most.

 

Because it’s a gesture to show that you care about me, you love me and you can’t live without me.

 

It’s a way to say “I love you” and “I respect you” at the same time.

 

It’s our way to share emotions and bear any weights on our shoulders together.

 

It’s how you calm me down when I’m worried and how I comfort you when you’re sad.

 

It’s your way of saying,

 

 

“I’ll be with you forever.”  Tiffany smiled as she threw her arms around Taeyeon’s shoulders, snuggling into the crook of her neck.

 

 

And it’s my way of saying.

 

 

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll love you forever.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I had a sudden burst of inspiration and wrote this in a few hours...

I really hope you guys like this one!  I personally love it because of the fluff but the words in here are sincere.

This is why I love hugs.  :)

 

 

On another note, I'm sorry I haven't been updating!  It's really hard to balance writing and schoolwork ><  Plus, I've been battling a severe case of writer's block and I'm slowly recovering.  I promise that I'm still working on my stories!

 

Anyways...

 

Happy reading! ♥