chapter six: confused...

IRREVERSIBLE

Top's POV

Time was running out and I was getting late for school. Pacing back and forward outside Bom's room I was hesitant to wake her I also didn't know what to say to her even if I did wake her, uhmmm… thanks for saving my life I hope to repay you someday? It sounded ridiculous even saying it to myself I wanted to confront her but I didn't have the guts to do so, I decided that avoiding her would be a better option than the first one as I snatched my bag and headed out the door…

Bom's POV

I turned from side to side trying to figure out the smell of the sheets that were beneath me it wasn't like my odor but pleasant enough that made me keep sniffing around like a hungry puppy searching for something yummy suddenly realizing this either wasn't my bed or that someone had slept in it beside me I opened my eyes but closed them back when I felt the scorching sun on my forehead I stuffed my head back into the soft pillow groaning … something felt off, really off. I opened my eyes to see what time it is but before I could see the time a small case caught my attention as my curiosity aroused I sat up on the bed to see what it was I opened the case to see a pair of beautiful glasses with black frames and pink lettering on the side. I was in complete awe it was so cute and sophisticated at the same time I loved it. When I was admiring the glasses one big question came inside my head why were they here? And whose were they? I stepped out of bed and stood in front of the mirror I looked so beat up and tired with dark circles under my eyes I put the glasses on and it felt like match made in heaven-as if it was a real human being-but all of a sudden the thought of Seunghyun's whereabouts crossed my mind. I looked back at the bed; there was no trace of him I looked all over the house from his room to all three bathrooms and everything in between but he was nowhere to be found I wasn't worried for I knew if he had gone somewhere it meant that he was still alive, the thought of him just being conscious automatically gave me a smile but the thought of him leaving without a word turned that smile upside down.

Her shoulders slouched as she dragged herself up, disappointed that all she had done was for a guy who didn't even acknowledge her existence. She went back to her bed and dropped head first on her bed.

-he's a jerk and I'm just plain stupid for liking him.

Her head had unintentionally been placed toward the same direction as her clock was. The moment she saw what time it is she jumped up and panicked it was eleven thirty and her first time to ever wake up so late she quickly picked up something to wear from the closet and sped to school with the speed of lightning by the time she was on school grounds, second period was almost over…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I sat on the chair outside her office thinking of ways to explain to my principle why I was so late and unfortunately I realized that none of what I could say would make her believe me without consent from my mother as I was lost in my own world putting all my energy into coming up with a plan the school bell rang and made me jolt in my place.

- Time to face the consequences

I walked towards the principal's office and knocked on the door twice waiting for a reply from the other side of the door when the sound of a middle aged lady told me to come in.

-uhhhmmmm seusungnim….. I…..uhm…wanted to say that ….

-are you okay? You don't feel sick anymore?

-eh?

-your father sent a message telling me that you were sick and you wanted the day off

-my father?

-yes your father personally sent it with his signature. Do you want to take a look at it yourself? She held out a note for me to read I carefully took it as I read through it not once but twice trying to make sense of what had just happened. Before leaving the room I gave her a ninety degree bow with complete respect.  

-why is everything so strange all of a sudden? I was way too tired to think of an explanation to what had happened so I just decided to make my way toward my classroom but the sudden glimpse of my bare face on the window surprised the hell out of me  I was certain that I needed to take a trip to the bathroom before my next class started…..

Top's POV

I sat on a nearby bench with my hands in my pocket with a busy mind thinking of ways to calm myself my mind was suffocating, it needed air, I closed my eyes and faced the light blue sky, and I took a deep breath in

-what am I going to do? I said to myself

-with what?

I automatically opened my eyes to find Dara sitting beside me with a puzzled look on her face

-what happened to you? I don't see you for twelve hours and look what you have done to yourself!

-don't even get me started; you don't know what I've been through this past day. I closed my eyes and went back to my usual position.

-who did this to you?

-why do you want to know, you can't be of any help

-don't underestimate me, I'm a pretty influential person in this school and I already know who it is I just wanted to hear it from you. I recommend that you keep the down low for today it won't be good for them to see that you're okay after all that has happened

-Okay?  Do you call this okay? I would be dead if it weren't for……..

-yes this is what I call okay. You could have been crippled or dead for all they care

-how do you know all this stuff?

-this isn't the first time they've done such a thing but I will make sure it will be the last

- So you're doing it for me? A playful smirk made its way to my face and I opened my eyes to face her 

-you're such a child… she said as she pushed my forehead away with her index finger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 School was nearly over and I had succeeded in pretending to be invisible for the past two hours all I had to do was grab my stuff from my locker and leave. The hall wasn't that crowded and it made it easy for me to keep track of everything. The space between me and my locker was only two classrooms away I passed the first classroom door with ease but the moment I set foot in front of the second classroom the door opened and god did I truly dread this moment…

 I looked at her fragile and tired body as she stared at me with wide eyes neither of us spoke a word we only stared at each other for seconds that seemed like hours to come I wanted to look away but her dark orbs kept pulling me in I cursed my dimwit brain for not being able to even say a simple thank you I hoped that something would be able to break the silence between us but I guess I hoped too soon as the loud laughter of a familiar voice made both of us come back to our senses

-oh … I cursed myself. Why here of all places? Suddenly Dara's words kept ringing in my head she told me not to be seen by them and what was I just doing? Standing where he was going to set foot on.

My body took control of my head as I grabbed Bom's hand and dragged her inside the classroom not letting her even give me permission to do so. I maneuvered myself and Bom in the empty space behind the door with my back stuck on the wall and Bom's back on my chest.

-what are you doing? She said in an under tone. Before even letting her finish her sentence one of my hands went to cover not letting her speak. She tried to free herself from my hold when my other hand created a loop around her waist holding her tight.

-Sssshhhhh……….  I whispered into her left ear.

The steps grew louder and louder as the bully came closer to their whereabouts, Top tightened his grip on her body wanting to make sure they weren’t going to be seen. When the bully trailed his last footsteps to where Seunghyun had been he came to a stop turned to one of his so called buddies and said: you know that punk… the one that needed to be taught a lesson for being such a smartass? I got rid of him yesterday I don't think he would ever even show his shadow near this campus again.

The moment those words came out of his mouth Bom's gaze turned to her left to stare at Seunghyun with a shocked expression clearly not believing what her ears were hearing.

The person that was accompanying him replied:

-he won't come back and make trouble for us?

-get a grip man. What could that sore loser do to me when he's probably crippled by now?

-just saying you have a lot of evidence against you, you need to be more careful from now on

-yes Mother! He said in a sarcastic tone. They both laughed it off as they made their way towards the end of the hall.

Their laughter became dim when they made a turn towards the exit completely clueless that the one they were talking about heard every single word.

Bom didn't know what to think of it was all her fault that he had to go through all this he was on the verge of death just to help her she didn't want to face him anymore, she didn’t even want to face him anymore let alone want a thank you she tried to struggle her way out of his embrace but failed to do so when Seunghyun tightened his hold on her. She gasped for air not moving an inch. They both weren't themselves anymore, their stuck bodies was driving her insane. He slid his right hand down and dropped it on her shoulder, he gently lowered his head and whispered into her ear once again

-I'm truly sorry… for everything…and with that he loosened his grip on her and fled the scene closing the door behind him.

Her chest heaved up and down trying to catch her breath, confused, bewildered and completely shocked. Why was life turning out to be so difficult? She put her hand on her forehead and shut her eyes tight hoping that when she opened them all her worries would disappear….

A/N- hi everybody, I have so much to say that I could update a chapter with it but I know for a fact that for myself when I open an update I want to see an update and not an author's note so I'll try and make this quick. I never thought the start of school would put me in a cage I barely get four hours of sleep and it's so hard to keep up with everything I want to apologize dearly for such a late update and thank all those who didn't give up on me right now it is our yearend holiday and that is why I was able to update. The story ain't finished yet it has a long way to go, I completely understand those who want to unsubscribe, well… Life's hard but what can you do? And one last note before I leave, this story is super fictional because the characters are really naïve and innocent minded and in all words simply a child meaning all the cruel and dirty facts about life hasn't reached them yet but the world will change them and they will grow into wise adults that will make serious decisions. Please continue supporting this fanfic it gives me energy to update sooner<3 I'll try and write as much as I can before school starts again.