UNWRAPPING THE FUTURE

10 CHRISTMAS

“You were being too considerate, oppa! Too much, now I know why people labelled us as the most boring couple in WGM season 2”!

Yonghwa looked down to look at Seohyun in disbelieve, while the girl comfortably snuggled in his arms, both hands hugging his waist, head on his chest and eyes lingered on the giant TV screen, looking at the much younger them, awkwardly interacted, playing their role as newlywed on their first episode on WGM. He was 22 back then, while she was only 20.

“What”?

Seohyun asked, looking up at Yonghwa with the most innocent eyes. 

“What? Are you blamming me now for being considerate and not rushing you to initiate any physical contacts? Are you saying I should have just attacked you with endless skipship since day one”? She mumbled softly, but clear enough for him to hear.

“Maybe you should”! He groaned and rolled his eyes.

“You are far from innocent people think you were, missy”!

She laughed, tighten her hold on him, pecking his cheek  and loving the way he returned the favor by lingering small loving kisses on the side of her head every once in a while. She could not be any happier cause everything fell down perfectly the way she wanted it. Yonghwa's date of released from his military duty happened just in time before Christmas and was ready to drive her around the city, flocked from one shopping mall to another to do their Christmas shopping. He then offered to help decorating their small Christmas tree and when she was busy doing her tasks in the kitchen.  For his hard work, Seohyun awarded him with lingering kisses and a table full of  his favorite home made dishes showing her amazing improvement in cooking. With SNSD disbanded a year a go after a fabolous decade, she didn't have to performed so much on TV end year music shows. She managed to clear her schedule for two weeks as musical would only resumed after new year and she would started work on her new solo album in spring. So Yonghwa and her would be able to enjoy Christmas and new year as an ordinary couple.

They did not planned anything fancy. No party and nobody but the two of them at home, doing nothing but being in each other arms and welcoming another Christmas together. Finally, after passing so many years in undercover relationship, after celebrating so many belated Christmas, they were able to spend time together for the first time on Christmas eve and welcomed their first on time Christmas. No special celebration held this year. They were just having a quiet and peaceful night, eating food she painstakingly prepared all day, and watching their WGM episodes again. Remembering the days how everything started between them.

“I’ve been really lonely! Two years without you was hard”! 

Yonghwa said as he brought Seohyun closer to him. One of his hand made its way to her left hand and found the small engagement ring on Seohyun’s fourth finger. The ring he putted on her five years ago. He did not lie when he said two years without her was hard. It felt like hell to him. How he missed everything about her. Her smile, her eyes, her voice when she was laugh, her constant nags on him, her fragrance. He used his free time looking at her her pictures, dreaming how good it would be to have her in his arms again.

He was sitting between hundreds other soldiers enjoying SNSD’s last performance before they’re officially disbanded. And it was not easy job not to punch those guys for they were drooling over his fiance. Forever saying how y her long legs were when she was singing and dancing on stage with her eonni-deul. God knows how he loved serving for his country but at the same time relieved when his mandatory finally ended and he could go home to her again.

“I’ve missed you too, oppa! I counted every single day for two years until I could see you again”! 

Seohyun said as she snuggled closer seeking warmth from his body. She did not lie. A life without him was a total misery. She couldn’t sleep or eat well and she was death worried everytime he sent her his new selcas and thought that he was getting thinner and thinner by the day. he told her she was okay but she would only relieved when she saw him again after his mandatory finished. 

Seohyun tighten her hold on Yonghwa, glued herself with his before looking up  to find out he was looking down at her in his usual loving stare. She knew by heart that was the moment they loved the most. When their eyes met and how they felt the time stopped. It was like only the two of them in their quiet and peaceful little world. Seohyun could always tell what would happened next.  Yonghwa would ran his finger on her plum cheek before bending his head down to give her lips a loving peck.

“I love you”!

He said, blurted his heart out to her. And again she knew what he would do next. Yonghwa would bended his head down again to plant some more loving pecks, just the way she wanted it.

“You know, two years without you was enough to make me realized that I don’t want to spent any second in my life without having you in it”! And all Seohyun could do was nodded and putting her head back on his chest. Inhaling his body fragrance as much as she want and quietly listen to him undressing his whole feeling.

“I know I’ll never be a perfect gentleman. I’ll sulk, I’ll jealous, I’ll act childishly every now and then. But I hope eight years you spent with me in this relationship are enough to make you see that I never played around about my feelings for you. I hope you understand, that I sulked because I wanted your eyes to see me only, I was showing my jealousy towards your fanboy because I wanted to show them that you’re mine and mine alone. I acted childishly with you because I wanted to rest from the role of  responsible leader for my dongsaengs for a while. And you are the only one I trust for me to  rest all my warry and showed the real me including my imperfection”!

Seohyun lets Yonghwa continue, baring his inner thought with her. She was proud he trusted her that much.

“I will forever thank you to love me for what I am. And for all the trusts you given to me, I promise I will cheerish and treasure you until the last day of my life in return”! He touched the ring on her finger and played with it.

“I have given you my heart a long time a go, Miss Seo Joohyun! You wear my ring for five years and promised to marry me as soon as I fulfilled my military obligation”! He looked at her and all she saw in his eyes was love.

“So, I have done with my duty for this country! Do you think I can officially call you Mrs. Jung Yonghwa anytime soon”?

Seohyun smiled her most genuine smile. The kind of smile appeared when she was very very happy. Her hand was a bit shaking when she reached out to caressed Yonghwa’s face after his long beautiful monologue. Its true that Yonghwa proposed to her five years a go to marry him after he fulfilled his military obligation and she agreed to that. Truth to be told, she couldn’t wait for the day to finally come, for her to legally call herself Mrs. Jung Yonghwa and showed the world that the man is hers and hers alone.

“Good look and smooth with words”! Seohyun commented. Looking back at him with the same equal love showing in her eyes.

“That’s a deadly charm, oppa”! she pulled his head down and kissed him briefly.

“I forbid you to use that charm to impress other woman”!

Yonghwa smiled and returned Seohyun’s kisses and for a while they did nothing but exchanging sweet assaults to each other lips and the world were completely forgotten. When they were done kissing as he found her glowing and warm and beautiful in his arms, he knew he would have an amazing journey with her in the future.

“I’m free for the next ten days”! Seohyun said. Her eyes sparkled with her happines.

“So if oppa can make the time to drive me around the city to find myself  the most beautiful wedding gown and meet with our parents to talk about the date and place of the wedding, I think we can welcome spring as Mr and Mrs. Jung Yonghwa! How about that”?

He nodded and they went back to watch their episodes again. They were silly back then but that’s how their story begun. They both saw their relationship grew with time and how they changed from being awkward to comfortable around each other. They saw, on the house warming episodes, her Fanny eonni told them they looked good together, like they met to complemented each other. She was right. Tiffany was right all a long. They were at their best when they’re together.

The night grew deeper and they still sat on the same couch when their 8th Christmas finally came.

“Merry Christmas, oppa”! Seohyun said, both arms looped his neck as she pressed her lips on his in another sweet kiss.

“I can’t wait to celebrate next year’s Christmas with you”! Yonghwa smiled his most beautiful smile.

“Me too, baby”! He said.

“And who knows.......we’ll celebrate our 10th Christmas with Yong junior or little Hyun! or maybe both”!

Seohyun eyes sparkled like a pair of diamond.

“I’d love that, oppa! That would be the best gift ever”! And they hugged again, continue watching the much younger them on TV, excitedly waiting for next Christmas to come and to unwrapped the gift life presented them. FUTURE.

 

************

Author note:

Hello again! Sorry for not updating for so long. Busy as always. Finally done with "Yongseo Children Story Book"...yayyyyy!!

Unedited as usual. Enjoy